Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

0 WOW
    easyJet compensation - tip
    • 24th Jul 06, 2:45 PM
    0 WOW
    easyJet compensation - tip 24th Jul 06 at 2:45 PM
    I recently got a flight for two people on easyJet. On Saturday they cancelled my flight for "operational reasons" (I take this to mean that it was probably under-booked).

Whilst they offered me a free amendment to my flight or a full refund, I wanted something more. I checked the T&C and noticed something about the customer "may" being entitled to upto 250 Euro if: -

(a) The cancellation happens within two weeks of the flight - this was 11 days before the flight, and
    (b) The only alternative flights are > 4 hours different from the original (in our case, 12 hours apart).

Phoned them up (found non-0871 number on - geographical number and completely skips the queue (which was already > 15 minutes at 9.05 am), after some confusion and denials they agreed I would be entitled to the compensation of 250 Euro. Then I realised that it's for two people - so I ended up with 500 Euro or 315.

This wasn't mentioned anywhere in the flight cancellation email and they never mentioned it on the phone - only when I asked them about it did they admit it, and even then they first said that I wasn't eligible for it.

Bearing in mind that the flight only cost about 125 for the pair of us, easyJet have effectively paid us almost 200 for the privilege of flying out with them. Result!

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 25-07-2006 at 3:07 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,494Posts Today

7,279Users online

Martin's Twitter