Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    david39
    Solved : Vax Rapide Carpet Cleaner - Not dispensing water
    • 3rd Mar 10, 2:04 PM
    Solved : Vax Rapide Carpet Cleaner - Not dispensing water 3rd Mar 10 at 2:04 PM
    I have a Vax Rapide Carpet Shampooer - after 12 months and only 4 decent uses, it stopped issuing water onto the carpets even though a thorough examination showed no obvious fault. Vax Helpline totally useless.

I looked on several "Self-Help" boards and found that lots of other frustrated people have the same problem, but nobody has posted an answer. I finally solved the problem, so am passing it on in case any readers of this board are suffering from it too:

There are 2 possible causes:

Under the brush (you need to remove it by removing the panel that runs down the side of the main base plate) there is a plastic strip with pinholes in it that spray the water onto the carpet. These can get blocked, so clear them by pushing a pin or a needle through them.

If this does not solve it, the answer is most likely that the pipes and valves inside the machine are blocked by congealed shampoo. To cure this, put a kettleful of hot water into the water tank and run the machine for a few minutes, pressing the trigger on and off to give bursts of pressure to help shift the blockage. When cleared, clean out the pinholes (as above) to complete the job.

If neither of the above work, then you are on your own, I'm afraid.

To avoid the problem again, after each use, flush out the pipes with warm clear water to get rid of any remaining shampoo residue. It's a pity that they don't suggest that in the Vax instructions and not just put "Don't leave shampoo in the tank when the machine is not in use."
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,196Users online

Martin's Twitter