Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    vinylmusic
    Parking Eye - Nasty tricks
    • 23rd Feb 10, 10:42 AM
    Parking Eye - Nasty tricks 23rd Feb 10 at 10:42 AM
    If you get a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye heres a nasty trick to watch out for.

I had one issued early Feb telling me to pay the "reduced" rate of 50 within 14 days otherwise it would be the full rate of 80
    Stupidly I phoned them, mainly to establish where the car park was. I asked if I would get to see the photographic evidence before the 14 days was up and I was assured that I would.
    Well 14 days passed and lo and behold. no photographic evidence
    Then, came a letter with the photos dated 11 days after the first reminding me that I had 4 days left to pay the 50 rate
    Only this letter arrived in my letterbox 2 days beyond that deadline meaning I was too late anyway

Thier first letter took 4 days to get to me after it was dated
    The second letter took a week

I very rarely get 1st class mail coming later than one day and second class 2 days to get to me so delaying tactics must be their game.
    I think that they must sit on the letters a few days between dating and sending them in order to create a sense of urgency
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasL ookinBackAtHer.....
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,592Posts Today

7,948Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin