IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR
Views: 4,466
# 1
poppett
Old 25-01-2010, 9:28 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR

I posted a thread here last week for some advice after my son ordered a phone from this company. Basically they were still in the process of checking his order when he received a completely different phone and free gift. When he phoned to let them know their mistake he was told to send it back to them and they would refund postage. I wasn't happy about that as it was their mistake, even if they would refund later, how long he would have to wait concerned me. And they had the cheek to say he'd be liable for the contract if he didnt return within 2 days.
So, this morning I have been onto Consumer Direct and have been told to hold onto the phone and write to them and send a copy via email, quoting this and that and tell them to get a courier out as its their fault. I have been on their website to email and it won't accept my file. So I tried phoning them (yet again) at 9.03am only to hear a recorded message lines are closed until 9am. Ok, so I gave them until 9.20am to settle themselves by their desks and phoned again only to get the same recoded message.

I will send my hard copy by recorded delivery and leave it to them. Has anyone used this company before and had any problems?
2 savers club. No.104. Aim 300.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
stuartmroberts
Old 25-01-2010, 9:54 AM
MoneySaving Convert

you should also email = supervisor at mobiles.co.uk and customer.services @ mobilesa.co.uk

if you get no help from them i would escalate your conerns to the Carphone Warehouse CEO Team on FSescalations at cpwplc.com

in fact i would copy them in on all correspondence intill your matter is resolved.

just place the @ sign where approriate in the text above
# 3
mobilejunkie
Old 25-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

There are numerous threads on this company where many customers have had all sorts of problems and where they only get redress through going public on here (then often not) or by threatening (with sincerity) to take legal action. this is yet another in a long list of warnings for those considering ordering from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilejunkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
temba
Old 25-01-2010, 4:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

That's a shame - my experience of them was excellent.
MF date: Dec 2028 2019. Overpayments in 2007=900, 2008=1200 2009=23400
# 5
Mobiles.co.uk company representative
Old 26-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi there,

Not sure if this has been resolved but please return the goods ASAP as hanging onto them is absolutely not the correct thing to do where there is a contract live on the handset. Of course postage will be refunded. Apologies but we are not able to arrange a courier collection at the moment as this service was withdrawn by DHL recently.

Sorry that your experience wasn't great but we can sort this out ASAP.

Regards,
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 6
moneysaver599
Old 26-01-2010, 3:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

This is a shame, my contract expires in April and I was attracted by the free gifts so was going to upgrade or take out a new contract but all I've read are complaints and bad reviews.

Let me know if this is resolved!
# 7
Mobiles.co.uk company representative
Old 26-01-2010, 3:56 PM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Stalwart

MS599, please bear in mind this is a complaint site so you won't see very much of anything else

Regards,
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 8
Quentin
Old 26-01-2010, 6:16 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiles.co.uk company representative View Post
MS599, please bear in mind this is a complaint site so you won't see very much of anything else

Regards,
Strange way to bite the hand that feeds you!

This is a moneysaving website, not a complaints site.

If you want to see complaints about mobiles.co.uk, just google for them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
georgemac
Old 26-01-2010, 7:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I currently have 2 mobile phones on cashback deals with mobiles.co.uk and have found the cashback service excellent - the best I have used by far. No recorded delivery etc, bills emailed in, good comms when claims received and paid. Would not hesitate to use them again based on my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to georgemac For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
poppett
Old 26-01-2010, 7:59 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Hi there,

Not sure if this has been resolved but please return the goods ASAP as hanging onto them is absolutely not the correct thing to do where there is a contract live on the handset. Of course postage will be refunded. Apologies but we are not able to arrange a courier collection at the moment as this service was withdrawn by DHL recently.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply BUT after taking legal advice yesterday I was told I was to contact your company again and tell them that as it was a !!!! up on your behalf I was holding on to the goods until you arranged a courier. I eventually got through and suprise suprise....when I told the rep what I had been advised he went off the phone and came back saying DHL would be collecting it from us!!!!
2 savers club. No.104. Aim 300.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poppett For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Mobiles.co.uk Victim
Old 26-01-2010, 11:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post
There are numerous threads on this company where many customers have had all sorts of problems and where they only get redress through going public on here (then often not) or by threatening (with sincerity) to take legal action. this is yet another in a long list of warnings for those considering ordering from them.
I agree - they're a nightmare to deal with. They muck up and leave it up to you to sort out their mistakes. They rarely answer their phones, leave a message claiming to 'love emails' but don't answer those either.

It's a cliche, but in the end, you get what you pay for. If you're lucky and all goes to plan you'll get a good deal. Just be prepared for the nightmare that is their customer service if things don't go to plan.

You're much better off going down the Quidco route and dealing directly with one of the better mobile companies in my experience. You may end up paying slightly more, but your blood pressure levels will feel the benefit.

We've still got one of their phones boxed up and waiting to go back to them as a result of one of their mistakes. We've no intention of holding on to it or keeping it, but we've equally no intention of sending it at our own cost either. It's too much of a risk - we'll no doubt never get the refund of the postage or they'll balls things up again and say it was never received. DHL, we're ready for you...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobiles.co.uk Victim For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
manda2725
Old 23-07-2010, 5:58 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default This company is an absolute nightmare!!!!

I took out a contract with carfone warehouse stating I would get a cheque for cashback for my line rental as my gift worth over 150.00. Little did I know however that it would not be as easy as that. I was then told after taking out the contract that I would have to send in phone bills in on certain months of the year and I would get it back in bits. The first bill I sent recorded delivery. Suprise suprise apparantly it did not arrive!! So I sent another but suprise suprise apparantly it arrived to late. That month I lost out on roughly 50.00. This time I thought ill send it through email and early. So I waited for May to come around and did just that, twice. Its been nearly two months now and no cashback. They no longer answer my emails and the ones they have answered they just fob me off with ''we are processing your claim''. Everytime I call them the office is closed. I tried complaining to Carfone warehouse and all I get is ''They are a sister company its nothing to do with us''. As far as im concerned its absolutely discraceful that they trick people into contracts like this and I will definately not be recommending mobiles.co.uk to anyone.....ever!
# 13
mobilejunkie
Old 23-07-2010, 6:16 PM

Well, you didn't study the deal before you took it out. Now, provided you can prove that 1) you sent the correct bill and 2) they received it at the correct time send a LBA and if they don't pay up sue. It's the only language cpw companies understand when they decide to stuff a particular customer at any given time. All the telephone calls, emails and letters are highly likely to fall on ears which are deaf but pleased to know you aren't actually forcing them to pay up.
# 14
Old Gold
Old 23-07-2010, 6:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Hi there,

Regards,
I would check your facts before you start making what could be incorrect facts for unless the law has changed the onus is on your company to collect not on the recipient to send if you have made the mistake. I think this is borne out by the later comment re the lawyers advice and the action taken.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Gold For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Old Gold
Old 23-07-2010, 6:42 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:

Regards,
Wrong again. I really would give up if I were you as do not seem to be doing your company any favours.
# 16
jacks993
Old 23-07-2010, 7:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I sent my first cashback claim (emailed via their site) on 11 July and promptly received an email confirming receipt and saying it will take up to 7days to approve my claim. Since then nothing!! I've emailed again asking if my claim has been approved but I'm guessing that if I have misunderstood their terms they will delay responding until it's too late to send the correct bill! It's a shame because i've never had a problem with cashback deals before.
Has anyone got any phone numbers that actually work for this company?
Thanks
# 17
bingy_burge
Old 23-07-2010, 7:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

mobiles.co.uk where alright with me but the dell i got free is sub standard under spec'ed rubish!! Nothing like dell kit i have b4.
# 18
mobilejunkie
Old 23-07-2010, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
Wrong again. I really would give up if I were you as do not seem to be doing your company any favours.

You're out of date. He did - a long time back. According to some, I and a few others who saw through his posts "hounded" him off - whereas in fact all we were doing was warning people of what they are like at a time when some people were offering them some comfort and giving them "the benefit of the doubt" (there never was any as far as I could see!).
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilejunkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
mobilejunkie
Old 23-07-2010, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks993 View Post
I sent my first cashback claim (emailed via their site) on 11 July and promptly received an email confirming receipt and saying it will take up to 7days to approve my claim. Since then nothing!! I've emailed again asking if my claim has been approved but I'm guessing that if I have misunderstood their terms they will delay responding until it's too late to send the correct bill! It's a shame because i've never had a problem with cashback deals before.
Has anyone got any phone numbers that actually work for this company?
Thanks
I strongly recommend you read carefully the email they sent. I also suggest you resend it by post (recorded delivery at least) unless said email clearly states that they have received your claim at that point and does not state that claims sent that way won't be dealt with. Then you can rest easy and sue if they decide to play games with you, rather than waste time attemtping to communicate with the living dead!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mobilejunkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
jacks993
Old 23-07-2010, 10:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

This is the email they sent me:

Your order xxxxxxx with Mobiles.co.uk
InboxX

Reply |NO REPLY to me
show details 11 Jul (12 days ago)
Please do not reply to this email.
Dear Customer,
This is to confirm your claim for your line rental has been received and is currently with the cashback team. Please allow up to 7 days for us to approve your claim.
If you have changed your address please ensure you e-mail us with the correct details so any cheques raised are not sent out incorrectly.

I'd just like confirmation that I have met all the T&Cs. Fairly sure I have but if I haven't I want to be able to send the other bills as well. Actually I think I will email the one before and the one after and send it by recorded that way they shouldn't be able to argue with me!!