Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    nos4R2
    What happens after DLA appeal tribunal?
    • 9th Jul 09, 4:03 PM
    What happens after DLA appeal tribunal? 9th Jul 09 at 4:03 PM
    My Wife applied for DLA last September and surprise surprise was turned down (do they ever give it first time?). We asked for a review and they admitted that she needed help with washing an bathing, and now instead of "just" COPD and arthritis, she also had emphysema, asthma and inflammatory arthritis, but still they refused.

We asked for an appeal and it was granted, at the first hearing the tribunal asked for more medical evidence and a doctor was sent round to see my wife. The DWP, even with the new doctors report supporting my wife, still maintained she did not qualify! The tribunal however did not fully agree with the DWP and awarded wife HRMC for 3 years (convenient, as she will be too old to reapply when it runs out), although they did concur that, her care needs were not bad enough to qualify.

I contacted the DWP to find out what happens next and they said they would need time to consider whether to appeal? What gives, it's getting on for a year since she applied and still nothing despite winning the appeal? Has anybody had experience of this, do they normally go with the appeal? When I got mine back in the 20th century it was a lot less trouble than this.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,957Posts Today

9,565Users online

Martin's Twitter