Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 12:49 PM
    • 4,666Posts
    • 14,628Thanks
    Sazbo
    Low-carb diets support thread
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:49 PM
    Low-carb diets support thread 18th Mar 09 at 12:49 PM
    Welcome to the new thread, which is a continuation of this one

Sazzy xx

Low-carb diet resources

Dr Dahlqvist's low-carb dietary program

Atkins message board on iVillage

Idiot Proof Diet

Mercy's low-carb recipe list (thanks, Mercy!)

Last edited by Sazbo; 18-03-2009 at 2:19 PM.
    4 May 2010
Page 1
  • aliasojo
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:51 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:51 PM
    *runs in...shouts I'm first...runs out again.*

Herman - MP for all!
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 12:53 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 14,628 Thanks
    Sazbo
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by aliasojo
    lol trust you!
    4 May 2010
  • HC
    Perfect! Thanks, Saz.
  • sweetserendipity
    Phew, thanks for doing that Saz!! Just logged in & I panicked when I saw that msg off MSE Andrea cos I don't know how to do links!!
    Oh well, a nice new thread to fill with inane ramblings useful information. Hope the regulars find us!!
    Nothing sweet about me
    • newish2this
    • By newish2this 18th Mar 09, 1:01 PM
    • 615 Posts
    • 1,855 Thanks
    newish2this
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:01 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:01 PM
    Yay!!!
    Well done saz!!
    Now where's Mercy, cos it would be great to have that recipe list she maintains, on the first page
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.

My way is Atkins
  • sweetserendipity
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:07 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:07 PM
    Well, I just logged in to talk about Bailey's!!
    Btw MoonRose, I didn't know they did it in Coffee flavour!! OMG sounds yummy!! Sometimes you can have too much information!!
    Don't think it's low-carb I'm afraid Shelby, just been looking at the Bailey's website (I know, sad) & the ingredients are whisky, cream, chocolate flavour (made with cocoa nibs & vanilla pods), caramel & sugar. I've emailed them (told you I was sad) to see what the carbohydrate content is so will let you know when/if I get a reply.
    Thanks for the link to Shykin's low-carb Bailey's HC?? Or Newish?? Eek, can't remember who it was cos it's on the other thread & I don't have that good a memory!! Not sure if I can be bothered with the faff on tbh & it is only the teeny tiny 70cl bottle of the real Bailey's that's on offer at the moment at the co-op. And it is for Mother's Day. And I know I'm making excuses .......
    Nothing sweet about me
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 1:10 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 14,628 Thanks
    Sazbo
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:10 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:10 PM
    Yay!!!
    Well done saz!!
    Now where's Mercy, cos it would be great to have that recipe list she maintains, on the first page
    Originally posted by newish2this
    newish - i've taken the liberty of re-posting Mercy's list in the first post - I hope she doesn't mind

Sxx
    4 May 2010
  • sweetserendipity
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:13 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 1:13 PM
    Saz, you're a star!! That's great, thanks.
    Nothing sweet about me
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 1:13 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 14,628 Thanks
    Sazbo
    awww, sweet
    xx
    4 May 2010
    • newish2this
    • By newish2this 18th Mar 09, 1:24 PM
    • 615 Posts
    • 1,855 Thanks
    newish2this
    newish - i've taken the liberty of re-posting Mercy's list in the first post - I hope she doesn't mind

Sxx
    Originally posted by Sazbo
    Thanks saz, I'm sure Mercy won't mind
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.

My way is Atkins
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 1:38 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 14,628 Thanks
    Sazbo
    Thanks saz, I'm sure Mercy won't mind
    Originally posted by newish2this
    I've also started a list low-carb resources in post 1 that we can add to

Sx
    4 May 2010
  • ames100
    oooo shiny new thread! yay
    keep calm and carry on

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

• mazzers

Originally posted by aliasojo
    All that virtual running will contribite to your weight loss.. well done, dont stop take a virtual jog around the block :rolleyes:
    • Mercy
    • By Mercy 18th Mar 09, 1:59 PM
    • 2,408 Posts
    • 8,395 Thanks
    Mercy

Sxx
    Originally posted by Sazbo

not at all, but it's yours now as I can't edit it. You happy with that

Mx

There's a few missing from recently, do catch up, dear
    Last edited by Mercy; 18-03-2009 at 2:06 PM.
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react
  • aliasojo
    Saz, you're a star!! That's great, thanks.
    Originally posted by sweetserendipity
    Seconded.

I ALWAYS need minded 'cos I never find anything. Tis good it's all on the first post...even I will find it then. Cheers Saz.

Well I'm having a mixed day today.

I am no longer grey. Yay! I am now Perfect 10 shade 6.5 Light cool brown. (On offer in Tesco for £4.99 instead of £6.99) It's very close to my natural colour (or at least the previous natural, pre-grey days).

I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and lost a pound and I can also get my trousers down again without unfastening the button. (That's my measure of how well I'm doing, lol)

So all in all....I was feeling quite good about myself.

UNTIL.......the postie arrives. SIL sent me some trousers that she said were only worn once as they were too big for her. My SIL is a lovely person but she is a big girl and I always thought she was a LOT bigger than me so I felt sure the trousers wouldn't fit. They do. Admittedly they are roomy but I thought they'd be huge on me and too big to wear. I'm now thinking my view of myself isn't as accurate as I thought it was. So I'm doing the only thing possible in the circumstances...I'm sulking.

Why oh why does losing weight take so flipping long!

Hope the rest of you are having a better day cos it would be pretty crap if we were all fed up.
    Herman - MP for all!
    • Mercy
    • By Mercy 18th Mar 09, 2:14 PM
    • 2,408 Posts
    • 8,395 Thanks
    Mercy
    Am I out of order feeling a tiny bit peeved? I did work rather hard on the list, and enjoy it's upkeep. Would have thought a link would have done, rather than simply taking it off me.

Never mind, will have to find something else to do.

M
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react
    • Sazbo
    • By Sazbo 18th Mar 09, 2:17 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 14,628 Thanks
    Sazbo
    Am I out of order feeling a tiny bit peeved? I did work rather hard on the list, and enjoy it's upkeep. Would have thought a link would have done, rather than simply taking it off me.

Never mind, will have to find something else to do.

M
    Originally posted by Mercy
    Mercy - i completely understand, of course. I can replace the list with a link to yours. I'll do it right now. I'm really very sorry - I didnt mean to be unthinking and cause offence.

Sx
    Last edited by Sazbo; 18-03-2009 at 2:21 PM.
    4 May 2010
  • shelbythin
    With regards to the recipe list I wonder if anyone is having the problem as me. At lot of the recipes that I click through to don't show the recipe or am I just going mad.

As an example I have just tried@-

low carb chocolate sponge pudding #2545
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=17543665&highlight=recipe#post17 543665

low carb bhajis post #1754
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15446019&highlight=recipe#post15 446019

cheesecake
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=13409455&highlight=cheesecake#po st13409455

I've read the whole page from top to bottom and can't find any of the recipes that its referring to. I found this previously on others also but as no one else has mentioned it just wondered if its my computer behaving odd?????
    Started Atkins 22/02/09 - total weightloss 11lbs
  • sweetserendipity
    Originally posted by Mercy
    Ah dear Mercy, don't feel peeved, Saz was just trying to help everyone out. Think a link to your original has been done now. Nice Sazbo.
    Also, to make you feel better I'm pleased to announce that I have your mexican fudge recipe in the oven as I type!! It smells gorgeous so hope it tastes as good as it smells - I will let you know!! Thanks for posting it.
    Nothing sweet about me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

6,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin