Snowman Soup Questions (merged)

Options

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Here's my snowman soup for my boys and OH (and one for me otherwise I will be left out!). I've got a mug each for them to go with it. I'm not sure whether to give it to them on Xmas Eve or Xmas Day? Xmas Eve I think with the other bits and bobs I've got/doing for the boys. I used 2 qunatities of instant hot chocolate (Cadburys), sprinkling of chocolate chips and enough marshmallows for 2 mugs.

IMGP2405.jpg
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    They look fantastic!!! I ordered 15 cello bags yesterday from the seller you used. When they arrive I will dissapear out looking for marshmallows/drinking chocky and other bits. how did you get the chocky to stay in the bottom and not mix?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • rainmac
    Options
    They look fantastic!!! I ordered 15 cello bags yesterday from the seller you used. When they arrive I will dissapear out looking for marshmallows/drinking chocky and other bits. how did you get the chocky to stay in the bottom and not mix?

Thanks Rusty :D I followed advice on one of the websites showing how to do snowman soup and put the hot chocolate powder in a bag, sealed it up (I twisted bag and stuck with selotape), cut rest of cello bag away, put inside another bag and added the chocolate chips and marshmallows. It all sits together well, you just use twice as many bags this way :p I'm going to make up a couple more to add to pressies as have some stuff left over.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Thanks Rusty :D I followed advice on one of the websites showing how to do snowman soup and put the hot chocolate powder in a bag, sealed it up (I twisted bag and stuck with selotape), cut rest of cello bag away, put inside another bag and added the chocolate chips and marshmallows. It all sits together well, you just use twice as many bags this way :p I'm going to make up a couple more to add to pressies as have some stuff left over.

Hmmmm I will need some more bags then!!! Thanks Rainmac appreciated :D
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Glpark01
    Glpark01 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    Those are fab, perfect for my xmas hampers x x
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I often see people talking about snowman soup but cant find a post with what it is exactly, and how to do it etc. I came across a lovely one a few years back but was american and had things like hershy kisses etc. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you!
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    have a nosey on the crafty for christmas board... there are some links to different websites there

alternatively just type snowman soup into google
  • coxy07
    coxy07 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    http://organizedchristmas.com/snowman-soup
    google snowman soup. Tere are many recipes.
  • rainmac
    Options
  • vickyjayne
    Options
    if anyone is looking for xmas mugs woolworths are selling xmas ones with marshmallows in which would be lovely for the snowman soup and they are only £1
    :T started comping 2009:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport