PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• jprettypicture2
    Options
    Well I have finally gone and brought one today. My first batch is a batch of scones backing as I type. In the shop they said bring it back for full refund if not happy. Also they said life time guarantee.
    sw start date 23/09/2013 4 st 8 pounds to go....as of 21/10/13 not 3 stone 7 to go for first target. updated 18/11/13 now 2 stone 10lbs to go to first target.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've bought the standard, plus separator and rack. I would have liked a shallow pan too, but that must wait until I have a bit more spare cash sloshing around!!

I've collected lots of tips and recipes from this thread - I;ve read it all the way through now :rolleyes: - thanks everyone!

I'll be back with an update when I've had a chance to play :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • gairlochgal
    Options
    My remoska worked really hard today:

cooked breakfast
    2 meals' worth of bolognese for the freezer (bulked out with porridge and carrots)
    a loaf of bread (half straight into the freezer)
    dinner

I got it at end of August and the last electricity bill was pretty good - looking forward to seeing the effect across a full quarter
  • fifi_folle_2
    Options
    I read in my Panasonic bm that you can make dough in there and prove it quickly in the microwave when you're short of time. I shape it into rolls, then micro for 10 seconds on full power, wait 10 seconds then 10 more seconds full power. 25 mins in the grand remoska - perfect every time.
    I'm so glad I've found this thread - I thought I was the only Remoska maniac!
  • fifi_folle_2
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to say that I always cover the rolls right from the start with a circle of black teflon paper (Lidl) with a hole like a 50p piece in the middle.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    annie-c wrote: »
    I make dough in my breadmaker and then cut it and freeze it in smaller sized portions. Then I defrost a small piece of dough as needed, shape it into 2 - 4 rolls and leave it over night in the Remoska and then bake them feshly in the morning. :)

What a brilliant idea - will def give this a try. Thank you.
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also make the dough in the bread maker and prove half in the remmy and the other half in a cake tin covered with cling film after shaping it into rolls.
    The ones that prove in the remmy are always that little bit nicer and bigger too.
    I don`t cover them before cooking them though, remmy rolls are one of our favourites :D
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    Cooking my 1st roast in the Remoska, looking forward to seeing the results. I can't seem to keep away from this thread at the moment, I must have spent hours reading through from page 1 to the end.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all -although its dark enough to be evening :p

I make my bread dough by hand, break it into 2 x 400g lumps, shape and stick them side by side in r.e.m.e -stick the lid on and leave them to prove -then switch it on.... it comes out looking like a bum (as hubby pointed out):rotfl: but then just break it in 2 and its nommy- I do
    500g white bread flour
    3 tsp salt
    14g fresh yeast
    300ml warm water
    It also makes nice cobs too :D

Well todays dinner was another concoction -and it was stunning :j

I made turkey, veg n cheese pie with sage pastry on top and bottom - I used 2 victoria sandwich tins and only baked 1 as there are only 2 of us and we had it with mashed potato n swede -the other one is in the fridge -I think hubby is eyeing some up for supper -if not then, that is tomorrows dinner sorted :T ooohhh and it has super, crispy pastry too -no soggy bottom:D
    I can post a recipe "of sorts" if wanted ;)
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Afternoon all -although its dark enough to be evening :p

I make my bread dough by hand, break it into 2 x 400g lumps, shape and stick them side by side in r.e.m.e -stick the lid on and leave them to prove -then switch it on.... it comes out looking like a bum (as hubby pointed out):rotfl: but then just break it in 2 and its nommy- I do
    500g white bread flour
    3 tsp salt
    14g fresh yeast
    300ml warm water
    It also makes nice cobs too :D

Well todays dinner was another concoction -and it was stunning :j

I made turkey, veg n cheese pie with sage pastry on top and bottom - I used 2 victoria sandwich tins and only baked 1 as there are only 2 of us and we had it with mashed potato n swede -the other one is in the fridge -I think hubby is eyeing some up for supper -if not then, that is tomorrows dinner sorted :T ooohhh and it has super, crispy pastry too -no soggy bottom:D
    I can post a recipe "of sorts" if wanted ;)

Would love recipe please........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport