Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• angel11
    Options
    A0503 wrote: »
    Hi angel, before you did the OPK on the Saturday when did you do one on the Friday? As Going by EWCM I rekon you ovulated some were between Friday overnight and Saturday morning. Did you get chance to BD?

It was around 4pm. Tbh, I'm wondering if the 2nd one on Saturday was a bit of an anomaly, all the opks since have been getting lighter & my all my symptoms point to a surge on Saturday. Been bding all weekend to be on the safe side ;)
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD33 newthrift - 12DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD5 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD15 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD33 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD35 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD59 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD109 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD68 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    Options
    I've done it before and still have the books so can follow it without going to a class to be honest.

Even better very MSE :money::D
  • newthrift
    Options
    Angel sounds like possibly OV'd Friday/Saturday

Still trundling along here :)
  • athensgeorgia
    Options
    New are you planning on testing this weekend or were you going to wait until CD40 still? Would it be easier at weekend or does it not make much difference? And are you SS or have you been better this cycle?
  • newthrift
    Options
    It doesn't make much difference if I test at the weekend or in the week but I'm going to try and hold off testing until day 40 just because I've had 2 cycles at that length this year. I was tempted to test Sunday if no AF as that would be 1 day late but going to try and hold off.
    SS I've noticed the odd thing. Boobs slowly getting more tender and swollen, needing to pee more and occasional aching tummy the past couple days but I know I've had this before so it could mean either so not reading much in to it. Last week I did notice on two occassions a strange tingle in my uterus area that was fleeting but again I'm not reading in to it much. Defiantly feeling more relaxed about it than normally this month.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Can I please be moved to CD1 please newthrift. Damn witch has got me, I'm trying so hard not to get down about it but I can't help feeling so depressed. It doesn't get any easier in fact every month gets harder.

OH and I had a big row over the weekend, I know now it was obviously my hormones but I was just horrible to him and said some pretty nasty things on Saturday night and spent most of Sunday in tears. At one point I even told him to leave me and find someone else who can give him the child he wants. Now I've got my paranoid head on worried that he is going to look elsewhere and eventually leave me. He's told me that he loves me and only wants me for me and having a baby would be a great addition to our family and that it'll happen when it happens but that's not the only reason why he's with me and if the worse happens and we can't have a baby he won't love me any less. I'm amazed he still wants to be with me after the psycho melodramatic cow I was over the weekend.

I've texted him to tell him the witch has arrived and he just said 'oh well we'll just have to try harder this month Smily face' Like its a damn exam we've got to sit. The rational part of my mind knows this is his way of making me feel better but the irrational part thinks he's not taking this serious and doesn't care if we have a baby or not.

Sorry for the rant, I just didn't know where else to vent. I'm going to spend the day wallowing and feeling sorry for myself and start tomorrow as a new day.

I missed this post Butterflybabe. I think it is harder for our OH's to cope with our stress and sadness as well as theirs, as they are bound to feel it too regardless of what they are saying, even if it is just feeling bad because we do. Sometimes I think they don't know what to say so try to stay positive, which is frustrating when you only can focus on the negative and want to shout at everyone for not understanding how you feel :(

My OH says things to me like "Am I/Is the life we live not enough for you because it is for me?" when I am down and it breaks my heart because he is and it is but now I have gone down the TTC road, it has consumed me in a way I never thought it would and my life will be on hold until we get pregnant or we decide to give up. OH hates looking at life negatively but he does understand how this is a tricky situation as I don't think any woman finds excitement in the process when it takes longer than expected, people are pressuring them, babies are everywhere with people falling pregnant with no effort or they have had losses, medical issues etc. It's a really difficult and stressful time.

I think you need to try and be kinder to yourself and understand you will have really bad days where you lash out. I am sure your OH understands this and will not take your moods and words personally. Maybe talk to him when you are feeling less upset and fragile and listen to his thoughts and feelings, I am sure you are both on the same page and he wants a child as much as you (and with you, no-one else).
  • midget_1907
    Options
    angel yes tsh was 2.3 and basically even though I'm ttc they aren't going to do anything. Maybe I should do some Google to see if there is a way to reduce tsh naturally.

As for your opk is it possible you may ov later? I have had some cycles where I seem to almost have two lh surges (but seeing as my cycles are all over the place means it probably is more likely ov early Saturday. Apparently some people do have really short surges)

newthrift good luck for the testing this weekend! Exciting times.

butterfly we all feel the need to vent sometimes. Our oh don't always understand. I wonder if they can compartmentalise more than us. When I get down about people getting pregnant my oh always says it doesn't impact on us you just have to be happy for them. Where as I seem to be filled with a jealousy I never knew was in me until I started this journey.

Good luck everyone especially a0503 I hope you can keep smep up. Im thinkers trying to get my oh on board with that but he dislikes being told when to have sex.
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Had a chat about ov with my acupuncturist last night - based on my symptoms (ewcm, pelvic pain, tingly nipples & higher libido) we think I probably oved Sat-Sun (the day of ewcm is "peak fertility day" & ov occurs 2 days either side of this), and she suggested a few reasons why opks haven't matched up with this (short lh surge, urine not concentrated enough). I think I've had it with opks, it's stressing me too much, I'm just going to trust my natural fertility signs from now on.

Rachy & Butterfly I've been in completely the same boat with my OH, all the hormones as well as the disappointment is a deadly combination. What helped us was being able to chat have a chat about things when I was feeling a little less hormonal & a bit more rational, and was able to explain how I feel a bit better.

Midget do you know what your t4 was? I've had uat for years so I've been asking my GP surgery to check my bloods more often. They've done it when I've asked, but if I hadn't pushed for it I doubt they'd been checking it so often. So frustrating as it can have a huge impact on your fertility, but is quite easily treated. There's some info re eating for a healthy thyroid (off the top off my head - cutting out gluten, avoiding raw kale/spinach), but I think tsh tends to be more difficult to change naturally. How would you feel about going back to GP to discuss it further?

I'm starting to gather quite a lot of info re natural fertility (partly from my acupuncturist, partly through my own research, partly form other women ttc), if anyone is interested I'd be happy to share. There's info re natural fertility signs, recognising when ov occurs, diet/nutrition, avoiding toxins/natural cosmetics, maya abdominal massage, as well as some info on uat.
  • newthrift
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD16 angel11 - 3DPO? :cool:
    CD34 newthrift - 13DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD6 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD34 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD36 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD60 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD110 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD69 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16