Options
    Hope Mr SA is ok after his fall.

Happy weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,405 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA got a letter from DWP today saying he hadn't returned his PIP Award Review form. I posted it on 11 April. Looked at the date on the letter - 15 April so hopefully they've received it in the meantime. Told Mr SA he'll have to ring them Monday to check and I've written down what he needs to say. No doubt they won't be able to understand him though as no one else can. This has caused him no end of distress and he's had an upset tummy all afternoon. Keep trying to reassure him but he finds it difficult to understand situations like this, he can't cope with anything out of his normal routine. He's been sitting just staring at a blank TV screen. Why do these sort of letters always arrive at the weekend when the office is closed.

Grandkids came this afternoon which took his mind off it a bit. DGD played in the sandpit we bought them and loved it but DGS just screamed.

Didn't go to WW this morning as wanted to get on with housework before they came. Don't think I've lost anything anyway, according to my scales have STS.

Mr SA has no idea what he wants for his birthday - surprisingly nothing on his pester list at the moment! Have ordered him a crate of craft beer, some craft beer glasses and a book he mentioned he wanted all from Amazon. Hopefully he won't come up with something now! DS has got him a keg of Hobgoblin beer which he is pleased with.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A keg of HOB! That's a grand present :D

(Sorry...real ale lover me ;D )
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a nightmare re the letter SA, I'm sure it is just a case of crossed over in the post.
    His pressies that you have ordered sound nice xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,466 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bleeping PIP :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    And here we are back at Monday.

Mr SA rang DWP and as expected they have got the form. They told him to ignore the letter. He said they really struggled to understand him and he had to keep repeating himself. He was upset by this but I pointed out in this instance it's a good thing as part of his claim includes not being able to make himself understood.

Feel absolutely shattered today and it will be an early night for me. Also another AFD and NSD :)

Went to the gym at lunchtime and did 30 minutes on a bike. The plan is to go 3 times a week to build up strength ready to start walking to and from work again.

The cat is sitting right in front of the TV watching birds on the One Show :)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Struggling to talk to DWP can only help his claim.

Hope you get your early night Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you're having a good week SA and well done on the gym work.

Always harder on the phone too, but completely get how sad and frustrating it is for Mr SA (and you, having to support)

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    The plumber and electrician have been to look at what needs doing. I know it's not going to be cheap as we'll need new pipe work for the heating and upgrading of the wiring for electrics. On top of that there's the building work, kitchen and bathroom. Then we might have to replace the laminate floors as they might have to come up. Might have to add some to the remortgage as don't think it'll be enough. At least things are on the move though. Our house is old and has been neglected for a long time regarding upgrading. It'll be worth it in the end. I just want the house to be nice, fed up of making do.

An incentive to get cracking on applying for promotion if ever there was one!

Quiet week this week finance wise, waiting for payday on Friday. CC all paid up to date, gone over budget with groceries again but trying to rein it in by using up freezer/cupboard stocks in preparation for emptying out the kitchen. Hope Mr SA realises we'll have to improvise for a few weeks. Good job there's a Wetherspoons not too far away if things get desperate :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Had a text from builder today, house will need re-wiring. Not surprised to be honest. Will mean more expense and upheaval but if it needs doing it needs doing. Kitchen people coming tomorrow. Good job I didn't book the Ibiza holiday the other week. A while ago I estimated that all the work would come to £30k looks like I might have been right. Guesstimate £10k for re-wiring and central heating, £10k for kitchen and £10k for bathroom and other bits and bobs.

Hotel and train booked for London trip with work. Just got to break it to Mr SA. Been forewarned will be very long hard days.

Manically busy at work today, almost didn't get a lunch break. Started at 7 finished at 4 but realistically could've stayed til 7pm and still not caught up. Totally shattered now.

Day off tomorrow for Mr SA's birthday. His presents from Amazon came today, just in time. He's since come up with what he wants for his birthday - a waterproof coat!! Typical!! After the kitchen people have been he wants to go for a coffee in town, then looking for coat, then lunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport