Talkmobile PAYG closing down

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My freebie Voda Sim arrived and working. Came with a bundle of some sort but no idea yet what it is, but it works, as Atatas, doubt it will last long but only using to get free unlock so not too bothered

I intend transferring my old nice number to a Tesco O2 and use that if & when I get unlocked
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • MarkN10
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I'm new to forums so forgive me if I hash it up.
    I was just curious to see if anyone else was having problems.
    I got a PAC code from Talk Mobile in July and moved my mothers number to O2, as Vodafone was going to be way dearer. I asked about her £16 outstanding credit and was told to expect a cheque in 10 days.
    Two weeks later and where's the cheque? I called again to be told there were so many requests for cheques that it was going to be another week.
    I called again today (1 month later) to be told many cheques had gone missing and that an investigation was under way. Asked them to cancel the cheques and send new ones. Nope, not until after the investigation.
    How long was that going to take? He couldn't tell me.
    Anyone else had this yarn?
  • MarkN10
    Options
    Hi, just seen yours, you might be interested in my experience I just posted! Be interested to hear if you succeed.
    It's not the money, it's the principal
  • MKUserName
    Options
    Hi MarkN10. My husband and I both started our refund claims on 12 June. My cheque arrived 21 July, his cheque arrived a couple of days ago. Hadn't heard the story about missing cheques. Hope your cheque arrives soon! See the saga in my earlier posts.
  • Life_goes_on_2
    Options
    Phoned Talkmobile and was told they no longer are refunding credit.
    It's for £4.93 and I want my money back, it's not my fault they are closing down.
    I've opened a case in Resolver hopefully that will sort it.
    So far Resolver has been great for me, 3 delayed flights (2 people) and €800 paid all three times (Thomas Cook refused before I opened a Resolver case).
  • Consumer40
    Options
    Phoned Talkmobile and was told they no longer are refunding credit.

I phoned Talkmobile yesterday requesting a refund of unused credit and was also told that they are no longer giving refunds. I told the operator that I considered the policy unacceptable and would escalate to the ombudsman if necessary. I was then asked to send an email request.

The guy was difficult to understand but seemed to be saying that they would probably make an exception for me. Perhaps they are only going to refund those who put up a fight.
  • SpanishBlue
    Options
    I phoned Talkmobile on Monday and requested a refund of my credit. I was also told they no longer do refunds but to email their help desk and I would get a very quick response (I never did get a reply).

I phoned again today as my PAC is about to expire so this was my last chance to get a refund before my number is transferred to my new provider. No joy and no manager was available to speak to me.

It's only a small amount of credit I had but it was the principle. I ran down my remaining credit by entering a text competition. At least that way Talkmobile only get a few pence off me and I have the (tiny) chance of winning £70,000 in the competition.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree, the principle stinks, and not a good PR story for Vodafone, given the fairly small amounts involved for most Talkmobile users.

I had less than £3 left on mine, and didn't bother, just transferred to O2 Classic PAYG, but very unimpressed with Vodafone's attitude.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ThemeOne wrote: »
    I agree, the principle stinks, and not a good PR story for Vodafone, given the fairly small amounts involved for most Talkmobile users.
    I had less than £3 left on mine, and didn't bother, just transferred to O2 Classic PAYG, but very unimpressed with Vodafone's attitude.

Same here, less than £2 on it, PAC transferred today to O2 and will go onto Classic once I put dosh in there

I have put a fiver onto the Voda SIM and hope to get unlock code after 30 days of use. I went in the Voda shop today, seems my Voda supplied SIM was on what I would call normal PAYG, that is no expiry after 30 days. Time will tell
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 August 2017 at 8:05PM
    Options
    Has anybody else had this problem ?

I received my new vodafone SIM but more than a day after activation the free bundle / credit had not been added

when I phoned customer services I spoke to a really snotty female agent who clearly hadnt been properly trained & decided that I would only get the free bundle if i transferred my talkmobile number to them

This was despite me stating what was on the SIM envelope i.e. specifically saying the bundle is already loaded & telling her the website address
    https://talkmobile.co.uk/payg/closure which specifically states how you get the free bundle with no mention whatsoever of having to transfer your number

one of the vsnottiest agents Ive ever come across - absolutely no way Id ever use vodafone after that experience

when I asked for the address of the complaints department she even had the nerve to say there wasnt one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure