Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh Sashy - hope you are in labour by now as you have not posted today yet.........
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Eeeeek! Hope all is going well sashy :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you are ok Sashy, thinking of you.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick visit to let you know that DH & I now have a beautiful baby boy. :D Things really did not go to plan & I ended up in theatre with a trial by forceps delivery (& all prepped for an emergency c-section as they weren't sure forceps would get him out). :eek: So I managed labour for roughly 12 hours on gas & air, about 4 ?? hours with diamorphine after things started slowing down & then ended up with the epidural I didn't want anyway.:cool:

Baby was a whopping 9lb 13.5oz with a full head of hair & born Thursday night using the forceps. He is lovely, very content & loves cuddles. We're still in hospital but should be getting home today. DH & I both smitten so looking forward to getting home with him, not decided on a name yet.

Think I'm still mentally processing the birth & what lead up to it but the main thing is that we're both ok. The hospital staff were all great & have looked after us all so well, including poor DH who has been randomly crying every day as he's so emotional right now.:A
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! How exciting, a little MSE baby!

Take care of yourself, don't try to do too much too quickly - I think the medical profession often looks at a 'natural delivery' and assumes mum should be up and about very quickly, but there's a whole world of difference between an easy natural delivery and one involving instruments and possible birth injuries.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Congratulations Sashy, wonderful news :)

I'm sorry that the birth didn't go to plan. It's wonderful that are both ok though.

Poor DH - I'm sure it must have been difficult to see you go through that but what a wonderful gift at the end :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Wow congratulations amazing news :D

I read your diary from the start the other night but didn't want to butt in but couldn't pass by without saying congratulations. Enjoy every minute :D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations Sashy and husband

t8310.gif

Hope you are recovering from the birth - remember not to overdo things. Rest, rest and more rest is the order!!!
  • Bobarella
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Hi all, just a quick visit to let you know that DH & I now have a beautiful baby boy. :D Things really did not go to plan & I ended up in theatre with a trial by forceps delivery (& all prepped for an emergency c-section as they weren't sure forceps would get him out). :eek: So I managed labour for roughly 12 hours on gas & air, about 4 ?? hours with diamorphine after things started slowing down & then ended up with the epidural I didn't want anyway.:cool:

Baby was a whopping 9lb 13.5oz with a full head of hair & born Thursday night using the forceps. He is lovely, very content & loves cuddles. We're still in hospital but should be getting home today. DH & I both smitten so looking forward to getting home with him, not decided on a name yet.

Think I'm still mentally processing the birth & what lead up to it but the main thing is that we're both ok. The hospital staff were all great & have looked after us all so well, including poor DH who has been randomly crying every day as he's so emotional right now.:A

Amazing news Sashy! Welcome to the world little one!!!

I'm sorry you had a rough time of it. If you need help processing it all make sure you speak to your GP when you get home. There are lots of support services and just realising that other Mums have been through it might help you. But the most important thing is your safe and ok and you have your new boy! Congratulations hon. :T:T:T

• Bobarella
    Options
    Congratulations Sashy and husband

t8310.gif

Hope you are recovering from the birth - remember not to overdo things. Rest, rest and more rest is the order!!!

That is slightly terrifying Elephant!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure