Please help, owed money, need it back!!!!

Options

Comments

• MrsL2004
    MrsL2004 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hehe, how do I go about that?? I'd love it. I did nothing but love him and help him .... He's 100% in the wrong xx
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsL2004 wrote: »
    Hehe, how do I go about that?? I'd love it. I did nothing but love him and help him .... He's 100% in the wrong xx

He'll have a go at you for not getting it "in writing" but would accept the texts ... he'd have a go at you for not setting any timescale.... but he'd accept the debt does exist.

Then rip into the debtor.... and make his judgement.

http://www.itv.com/beontv/shows/judge-rinder
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    With the evidence... I'd get him on Judge Rinder... publicly shame him.

Going to court would be private.
    On the telly is an "up yours matey" gesture.

The bonus of this route is that, years after he's been shamed/named on the telly .... they keep rolling repeats for years and years ..... and years....

Actually no, the production company pays the award. So more chance of getting money back that way. But first you need to be selected and he has to agree to appear.

Oops...already posted.
  • MrsL2004
    Options
    You know, that's really tempting lol!!!!!! He'd never agree tho. But still, if he doesn't respond, I'm gonna apply anyway!! I loved him on strictly!! Xx
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do none of your friends have rather large boyfriends who would love to visit him?
  • MrsL2004
    Options
    Nah. If i did that I'm sure it would end up back on my doorstep. And single mum, 2 kids, just want a quiet life ironically!! I'm a firm believer in karma, but it doesn't work as fast as the legal system might xx
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    if he doesn't respond to the people on Judge Rinder they won't be able to do anything -a friend tried this and the person refused to speak to the researchers so it couldn't be taken any further.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    carbut wrote: »
    intreated in this my son owes me thousands and have text where he openly talks about owing money i have been told that i can take to court even without signed contract

You can take pretty much anything to litigation. That doesn't mean you have any chance of winning though.
  • davidwood123
    Options
    You won't get paid. Forget about him, the money and move on with your life
  • abuttyout
    abuttyout Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you don't manage to get any money off him, just be glad you've ( his fault ) ruined his credit history for the next 6 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure