Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• ScattySkewbald
    Options
    So sorry that you're going to be paying out after all mfm :( at least you had the good sense to put the money aside.

Hope all goes well with the IVF x
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So sorry that you're going to be paying out after all mfm :( at least you had the good sense to put the money aside.

Hope all goes well with the IVF x

Thanks SS, feel like I've been on the merry-go-round too often now and have lost the enthusiasm for it, if it works that's great but I don't feel so emotionally invested any more. Just financially :(

Still, taking inspiration from you I've been sw@gbucking and listed another couple of things on bay of Flea today. Have 3 watchers on one of the things that is on a BIN. Fingers crossed.

Re the old debt, I guess we always knew we'd have to spend that money, it's just really bad timing! I'm trying not to panic and just keep an eye on the small stuff. But the odd saving on coffee here and there is not doing much against the constant tide of really flipping huge bills. Trying not to panic...
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Slightly better news. £64 refund coming from Bee Tee as we have changed phone supplier and now pay monthly. Also pay a lot less ;)

That money will have to go straight into our joint bills account as we are trying to build a big cushion for home insurance. Usually this is huge as it's not a standard policy and also we had to make a couple of claims in the past. Am hoping that every year that goes by gives us more options to switch to a better deal. Fingers crossed for that!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    NSD. Hurray! Especially as it was an office day.

No other bank movements. Very quiet which is good. But no fleabay sales either. Away this weekend but able to claim some costs as work expenses. Meeting friends for a few drinks but have a small budget allowed for that.

Another beautiful autumnal day here today, after the wildness that was Sun night/Mon morning :eek:

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Spent on lunch today (bad) but other costs were expenses.

Did a TT for £4.03.

TCB now has £70+ which will go straight to Big Bill

CC payment of £62 came out so will have to update balance.

Away this weekend. Took cash out to be my budget, really hope I can be strict. We will see.

• roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    despite your big spends, which you are budgeting for you are moving in the right direction. If you weren't doing as well as you are you would be in a bad place.
    x
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Been away for a few days, partly with work, so not had a chance to catch up. Weekend away wasn't too bad. Only made one in-shop purchase which wasn't really budgeted for but I'm happy with it. Otherwise, eating out could have been cheaper but we didn't splurge particularly, it's just an expensive thing to do wherever you go! We had a fun weekend though and caught up with lots of friends which is always nice. Have some expenses to claim back, some of which can go straight into the Big Bill account as the expense is already out of my bank.

Have made my minimum payment to the CC so have now adjusted the sig to show maximum on it, and where it is now. In squeaky bank news, I've not had to order hay and it's payday on Friday, so that can be deferred into next month. The horsey vehicle is also not yet tested, so at least I've not had to pay for that yet, but I will set money aside from this month. So I should hopefully just get to the end of the month ok. Also discovered I have another £100 set aside in next month's budget, so that will help a bit. Really hoping it doesn't need more than that, the test is £100 but as far as I can tell it hasn't needed much work, just the guys time to take it for the test etc.

Less good news, a couple of other expenses already mean I'm quite short of the £700 I'd hoped to pay off the card next month. Sigh. But I'm keeping the focus and will see how much I can claw back. I have sold something on fleabay for a few pounds which can go towards the Big Bill; and now have a c£90 TCB payout on it's way over to me. Still got a £40 claim outstanding from them. Also have a £40 1poll on it's way that might be another couple of weeks, but should be plenty of time for the January bill. Will probably put the expensive rug on Fleabay at the weekend with a reserve (but want it to end on Sunday evening I think).

OH remembered he has a bonus payment coming to him and has said he will put that in our joint account to ensure we aren't quite so penniless. Have a couple of questions about an item I've got on fleabay so must respond to those tonight. Haven't 1-polled or swagged in a few days due to being away so might try to get back to that tonight.

Haven't paid for lunch the last couple of days so should hopefully make it to payday with what is left in my wallet. Being paid a day early but going to try to pretend I don't get paid until Saturday!

Squeak squeak. But I continue to plan and that's all I can do!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Bee Tee refund in. Moved to joint bills account. Should have about £700 towards insurance by the time it needs paid.

Expense claim submitted.

Money moved out for lorry bill. £180 set aside. The £100 for next month then goes towards hay instead. Will still have about £300 towards the debts. Seems such a small amount compared to the total though.

• You are doing really well.Good luck with your journey. :)
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    You are doing really well.Good luck with your journey. :)

Thanks Purple. Looks like you are new around here? Welcome! I don't feel like I'm doing well; but at least I'm trying (VERY trying, as my Dad would joke :p).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family