The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    20/26 AFDs today
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    10/15 please Shaggy and double figures hurray.

So sad to read about your cat HB - enjoy the time you have left with them. Always sad to lose pets, they really are part of your family.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    13/24

So sorry to read about your cat HB. Sending you Hugs.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Green_Karen
    Options
    Also sorry to hear about Devil Cat HB, had a ginger Tom called Reggie who was terminally ill. It's horrible to know about it, but at least it gives you a chance to enjoy them when they're healthy and give them all the love you can.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone, for the kind wishes for Devil Cat. They are much appreciated. As I type this, very awkardly with the laptop wedged against my left hip, he's sitting on my lap and purring. He's painfree, we think, due to excellent veterinary care and still very much enjoying life.

22/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Hi Everyone.

Hope your cat remains pain free and happy for a while to come Honey Bear.

Thank you for your lovely post last week regarding me and Birthdays / Christmas - it helps to know that others have been through it and can give good solid advice. It makes me feel more empowered which will hopefully make the season easier.

My eldest son (DS1?) is coming back from Uni this weekend to spend some time with us and then he and DS2 will look after DS3 and DD1 on Sunday so that my husband and I can spend some time together. We were originally going for a meal but I don't really want to be around other people drinking so we are going to a posh coffee shop for coffee and cake and then we will do some early Christmas Shopping.

I'm in awe of people who can moderate their drinking in terms of AF days and fewer units when they do drink - like Honey Bear I tried so many times to do this and simply couldn't. After the first glass of wine my will power disappeared and I kept on drinking all evening. I personally think you are doing great, especially with the upcoming festive period.

So that was a waffle for me! :rotfl: 22/11 for me Shaggy please
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,322 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 20/21 for me today.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    12/14 for today please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,322 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Wanna Bee Free, I don't know how but I didn't see your post about your numbers till the "daily posts" email came through this morning. I think you are actually doing well to have persisted with it and there hasn't been a single month in two years where you haven't had days where you have abstained. My thought is that when you set a target of 10 you seem to reach that target, so why not aim for that every month from now on? Or even five? I've always felt it's better to set a lower target and hit it than a more ambitious target that you won't make because I find the second option demotivating - it makes me want to give up altogether. Also, re scrambling at the end of the month, could you try getting it out of the way at the start of the month and having the end of the month free? Anyway, the other thing is that you have done more days this year than last year already and that's totally a move in the right direction so well done you. That's my two bobs' worth, tell me to shut up if it's not helpful :rotfl:
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've discovered that I can enjoy coffee shops too oneday and what's more I can even just have coffee and leave the cakes!:eek::rotfl:

DH and I stopped for coffee several times last week when we were away which is something we never do when we're out and about at home.

Target day for me today.:D and time to get a few more before the month's out. I'm pleased with that especially considering last week's holiday.

10 AFDs please Shaggy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport