Walked out - work going to delay my pay

Options

Comments

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    CJYP wrote: »
    Im also annoyed they havent even offered me a meeting to discuss this or even find out why i acted out of character.

You're annoyed? What?

You walked out and left your employer in the lurch - I think it's they that should be annoyed, not you.

You need to seriously change your attitude and try to understand and accept that the employer pays you to do certain tasks as required... you are not doing them a favour by turning up.... you have a contractual obligation.

You don't get to be annoyed that you walked out but they haven't asked you to come back. The only 'attitude' you should be expressing is remorse.
    :hello:
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did they want to train you to do?
  • Stigy
    Stigy Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When my supervisor called me, they didnt mention anything about talking it over. They only wanted me to go in to hand in my termination. Therefore Im assuming its already too late.
    Surely they cant just threaten me with my pay?
    Or maybe your supervisor assumed because you walked out, you weren't comng back? Quite a reasonable assumption?
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    check your contract carefully to see what is says about resignations, if it needs to be in writing technically at this point you are still employed, you haven't resigned and they haven't dismissed you.

As you have now decided you are not going to resign your task is to try to stop them dismissing you (which with under two years service I am afraid they can do for any reason)

Personally I would go in tomorrow at your normal start work time or earlier if possible and speak to the supervisor, explain your reasons for your out of charter actions today, why you would like to continue to work for them and how you are prepared to do the extra training and grateful for the opportunity to be given this. Keep this conversation about yourself do not mention anything about how your colleagues have been treated, this is irrelevant to your situation. The decision what to do will be out of the supervisor hands but at least this shows you have tried to resolve this earlier than wait until Monday.
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    So it's a dead end job.

But the pay's 'decent', and they want to train you in something. Once trained, your day will be completely different from what it is at the moment.

That doesn't sound dead-end to me.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • CJYP
    CJYP Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    So it's a dead end job.

But the pay's 'decent', and they want to train you in something. Once trained, your day will be completely different from what it is at the moment.

That doesn't sound dead-end to me.

To put it VERY basically, they want me to go from scrubbing toilets to being 'trained' to wash up plates continually for 6 hours.
  • CJYP
    Options
    You're annoyed? What?

You walked out and left your employer in the lurch - I think it's they that should be annoyed, not you.

You need to seriously change your attitude and try to understand and accept that the employer pays you to do certain tasks as required... you are not doing them a favour by turning up.... you have a contractual obligation.

You don't get to be annoyed that you walked out but they haven't asked you to come back. The only 'attitude' you should be expressing is remorse.

Maybe so, but if management treated everyone fairly then I wouldn't have walked. I walked because its ok for others to turn their noses up at training but because they know they can take the P out of me and I wont say no to being over worked, that they wont let me say no to being trained.
  • CJYP
    Options
    Pound wrote: »
    What did they want to train you to do?

To wash up. Continually for my entire shift. I didnt want to put it on here as I feel some people are getting arsey and will probably tell me 'what do you expect from a cleaning job' or the like.
    In fact, i only originally asked with help towards if my workplace could hold onto my wages until I hand in my letter of termination, but its somehow turned into a grilling for the reason I left. :(
  • mycleverbunnies
    Options
    We all do things we regret- I know I have!
    So going in first thing on Monday and asking to speak with your supervisor is a good idea..If you've worked well there with no complaints for almost 2 years then hopefully they will give you a chance and accept an apology and an explanation.Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you sound arrogant, just defensive because you feel you are being attacked on here and I also think there has to be other stuff piling on top of you to cause such an extreme reaction at your work. It will be apparent if your apology is genuine.
    If they don't allow you to continue working there,then deal with the situation from there.If you're at rock bottom you can only go up.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To put it VERY basically, they want me to go from scrubbing toilets to being 'trained' to wash up plates continually for 6 hours.

Is this a euphemism and in fact you're a cleaner for the RAF and need to clean highly delicate electronics....or......is this in fact training to wash up actual plates?

Here's the plate. Scrub both sides with detergent and rinse well.

I can't imagine in what world this is a worse option than on your knees scrubbing toilets, unless this involves long periods of doing nothing....so I'm out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure