Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had set up BACS and PayPal to receive payment, but the relevant buttons were never enabled.

There were two cashbacks:

1. one cash,

2. and the other one a £5 sign-on bonus, but seems to be Marks & Spencer vouchers only.

The only payment option enabled was to have both in M&S vouchers.

Today, I noticed there was a line saying I have the option to "split" the pay out from different merchants. I ticked it, and can finally pay out the cash portion to a PayPal account. The option to split has now disappeared.

It seems that Topcashback wants me to get paid in useless M&S vouchers, which they presumably get at a discount.

So there is now £5 showing. I appear to be a Topcashback Plus member, which means they will want to deduct £5.

So, the question is, will the "£5" on the account satisfy the annual £5 fee? Obviously, if they intend to deduct £5 from my bank account, I will cancel the Topcashback membership.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @tcb - have the Nationwide not made any payments since February?
    I know we are only into the 2nd week of April, but I have a transaction from December and must have just missed those February payments for December. Over the estimate now and watching and waiting for an update.
    We last received a payment from this merchant during February 2015, for transactions in December 2014.
    re SKY - the reviews are very bad and I'm fully expecting my transaction to go over! Still a couple of weeks to go, but I'm already expecting bad news with that one tbh. What is the current situation with this merchant? Are delays inevitable with this merchant? If so, members should be warned at the point of purchase, especially as the 'estimates' seem to be approximately 50% wrong!
    Prove me wrong with this merchant. :D
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Mr_R
    Mr_R Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have been unable to access my account for about 6 weeks now. I have raised several tickets but I keep getting a reply which states that it is being passed on and not to contact topcashback for 7-10 days. I then hear nothing else. Does anybody know if it is possible to fix this problem?
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

@Pincher, the £5 sign up will be a M&S bonus for signing up from a referral during one of our double tell a friend promotions, this is why you are only able to opt to request this as an M&S e-code, this will not be included to wards your Plus Member deduction but any other cashback amounts may well be. By splitting your payouts, you can as you know request any cashback amounts by separate methods, but these will be split by transactions so if you had £10 for example from one merchant, you would not be able to split this.

I would be more than happy to look into this in more detail for you though and also go through placing you onto Classic Membership if you do not feel that Plus is for you and so that I can do this, could you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk?

@B_M, which Nationwide product are you referring to? I would be happy to take a look into this further on our systems. In regards to Sky, it does seem to be taking that bit longer for the cashback to come through than expected but these are going on to be paid, do get back to me though if this should pass the estimate by more than 4 weeks and I can have a look at your transaction for you.

@Mr R, if you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk, I can take a look into this and I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there,

@Pincher, the £5 sign up will be a M&S bonus for signing up from a referral during one of our double tell a friend promotions, this is why you are only able to opt to request this as an M&S e-code, this will not be included to wards your Plus Member deduction but any other cashback amounts may well be. By splitting your payouts, you can as you know request any cashback amounts by separate methods, but these will be split by transactions so if you had £10 for example from one merchant, you would not be able to split this.

I would be more than happy to look into this in more detail for you though and also go through placing you onto Classic Membership if you do not feel that Plus is for you and so that I can do this, could you email me at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]?

Too late, the £5 was deducted from the cashback on pay out to PayPal, dated 7th April.

Using a virgin account, I see there is a Member Profile button to revert to Classic Membership, which is no longer available in my account.

So, on signing up, the new member should

1. Go to the Member Profile page.

2. Revert the membership to Classic before instigating any cashback activity.

Since I have already paid the £5 for year one, I might as well use it, and cancel the account near the end.
  • collyrovers
    Options
    I bought the 2 insurance policys last year, 1 in july the other decemeber, money shows as confirmed for the july sale the other shows as pending for decemeber, pay out for july says 31 weeks(confirmed), I am now getting on for 37 weeks, I put in a claim but got the usual runaround from them saying it's up to the customer...... so I phoned the co op insurance, nice lady checked with her manager and came back and said, nope it's TCB who has to pay ???

don't trust TCB as they screwed me out of £50 over a year ago when they wouldn't pay out for churchill car insurance.

anyone else had trouble with TCB not paying up
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Never had any problem with Top cash back or Quidco on over £4500 of cash back.

As long as you follow their advice and have plenty of patience most people get their money.

It is pointless ringing the retailer because the cash back comes from merchandising companies through third party affiliate networks. Their is no direct contact between the retailer and quidco or topcashback.

As long as topcashback or quidco are paid by the network you will get your cash back.

In most cases cashback is successfully paid out although there can be the occasional failure. My only criticism is that some retailers merchandisers don't fulfil their obligations and topcashback and quidco should actively stop using these retailers.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @tcb Samantha - http://www.topcashback.co.uk/nationwide-the-select-credit-card/

Looks like an update?
    We last received a payment from this merchant during April 2015, for transactions in February 2015.

February transactions paid, but not late December ones?

re SKY - I'll wait the 4 extra weeks, but those tcb stats look very misleading now. With the inside knowledge of how this merchant is performing (or isn't performing), will at least a warning be provided to future potential customers?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Tescodealqueen
    Tescodealqueen Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, my existing customers sky purchase in June 2014 was due to be paid after six months but never appeared. I raised a ticket and have recieved a reply that a transaction has been traced and The amount is showing as confirmed but It seems to be taking a while to become payable. Given that it is now 10 months since the transaction is there anything I can do to progress this? Thanks for any help.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

@Pincher, you can contact our Customer Care Team at any time and we would be happy to go through placing you onto Classic Member, we can also let you know how much you have benefited from Plus Membership during the course of the year. If you would like to email in, I can go through this with you also.

@collyrovers, I am sorry that this has not yet progressed for you, as these are only estimates that we provide, it can sometimes take longer for the cashback to be passed forward. I can confirm that the cashback comes from the merchant and is passed on to an affiliate marketing network, who then pass this on to us, but sometimes when contacting the merchants directly as cashback is often dealt with by a separate department, they may not be aware how this works and may not be able to advise accordingly, but as soon as this has been received by us, we will update your account to reflect this right away. You can always send in a support ticket with any questions that you may have in the meantime and we would be happy to help.

@keith1950, thanks for your post and it is great to hear that you enjoy earning cashback with us, thank you for your feedback here too, we love to hear our members thoughts :)

@B_M, thanks for the link, I can see that we have received some payments recently for this merchant but we are still waiting for some of these to come through from December, hopefully we see these received soon but this will go on to receive the attention of the merchants network in the meantime.

In regards to Sky, the estimated payable speed will go on to alter should it take longer for the cashback to come through by a large amount, but at present, it is not taking much longer for this to produced so I would hope to see this available for you in within the 4 weeks after the estimate at the latest.

@Tescodealqueen, as this is claim related, it could take that little bit longer for the cashback to then be produced, but if you could get in touch with our Customer Care team on a support ticket, which you can access via the Customer Care section of your account, we would be happy to take a look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback