PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone - won't be joining in this month as will be on holiday for most of this month and won't be online very often as going abroad.

Will be back on the challenge in October.

Good luck everyone.

Denise
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £5.18 spent yesterday on wraps for the month and waffles which bf has been wanting for two weeks (got enough for three weeks as they have long dates). Have told bf that that is it now other than milk if/when we need it as we have all sorts in the freezer including pita pockets he bought wanting to try and hasn't had yet!

Have written the makro list, its slightly shorter than usual so reducing the monthly contribution to £15 to come from the GC budget

Sig updated
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use either the note app in my iphone or paper & pen for my mealplan (do it on a Thurs/Fri usually before shopping at the weekend - only plan one week at a time), as I pop it on the blog/on here I can check even if I've lost the bit of paper lol.

Tried doing it on a spreadsheet (accessible on my phone) which worked well but I seem to have let that slip - think it needs to be as easy as possible lol.

Small spend last night - 97p on 2 litres milk, 29p on table salt and £1.89 on black peppercorns. No good YS in Mr Ms as per usual, wish I lived near a big Mr A or T :(

Sweet and sour tofu stirfry for dinner last night, was very nice, can't get the pic to load unfortunately :(
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,930 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some spends yesterday to add to sig.
    We had HM BPITH with roast potatoes/parsnip + cabbage/carrots + gravy for dinner last night.
    Tonight is going to be HM Chicken Pie.
    [IMG][/img]Tuesdaysdinner_zpsdfa742c6.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/351
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 77
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in please?
    My son goes to uni in September & I really need to cut back to be able to fund him.

I'm aiming for £40 per week.
    I'm planning on using Aldi to buy their super 6 & basing meals around that.

I'm starting from 2nd September.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Managed to get my phone working to upload the picture - sweet and sour tofu stir fry from last night. Having veggie chilli and rice tonight, made the chilli a couple of days ago to be organised.

stirfry_zps2cb77522.jpg
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    GC budget will be £250 for September.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I join please, I have been doing other challenges but getting a bit stale and need to rein the old grocery spending in as I have started using DD card and not drawing the cash out. I get paid every 4 weeks so can I go with £25 a week, (theres only me at the moment)starting Monday 1st and this is to include food, toiletries etc

Recently joined SW cos of health problems and seem to be spending way too much on fruit and veggies, so have to try to find cheaper ways of doing it.

Thanks
    nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join please, I have been doing other challenges but getting a bit stale and need to rein the old grocery spending in as I have started using DD card and not drawing the cash out. I get paid every 4 weeks so can I go with £25 a week, (theres only me at the moment)starting Monday 1st and this is to include food, toiletries etc

Recently joined SW cos of health problems and seem to be spending way too much on fruit and veggies, so have to try to find cheaper ways of doing it.

Thanks
    nannyg

I do red & green days so I don't need as much superfree.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Afternoon all. My month starts today and target is £250 again.

Fingers crossed we can keep in that!! got enough coffee to last us the rest of the year, loads of toiletries to use up and no need for washing powders etc. Just off to town now to Home bargains to get some toilet rolls and some coffee mate to top up what we have and to get some lunch items. DD will be with my grandad whilst me and my nan shop so no little fingers grabbing things and pestering for it!! hehe xx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport