Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Bexster

All happening now, new job - happy days, more money - even more happy days, as for being risky - you always had a reserve plan anyway - hopefully you will never need to use it :) Fantastic if you manage to reach Australia and New Zealand, have always wanted to visit "the world" Exciting times - indeed.

Off out for lunch and a NSD - how do you manage it :) Enjoy.

ps Am going to list my saga just for my own info as can loose track very easily.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 12 June 2016 at 3:15PM
    Options
    • Warning - this is for my info and sanity, to keep a record of what has been happening so far - don't read as you'll be bored out your mind :(
    • 16/5/16 18.00pm Part of cladding fell - phoned emergency phone no, to be told someone would be out within 5 days.
    • Phoned them back - said this was emergency and dangerous - someone needed to come out tonight
    • 21.20pm - phoned back - asking if anyone was coming out, was told yes.
    • 22.30pm - someone came out, had a look and said was dangerous but nothing could be done tonight, so called into office there and then and then told us someone would be out tomorrow morning 1st thing to cover it up.
    • 17.5.16 Someone came out with a ladder, had a look and said too dangerous to go up, but will take photos. Will call office and tell them this.
    • 18/5/16 Someone came out with a ladder, had a look and said too dangerous to go up, but will takke photos. Was told someone had already done that the day before. Will call office and tell them this,
    • 19/5/16 Someone phoned me to say that he had been given a job no. to go look at damage, but had been out yesterday, so was not going to go today and have a look. Job priced, and if heard nothing by Tuesday to phone office and find out what stage they were at. Mentoned that now it had rained, water was getting in - was told it would all be one job, and a slate was also moved with the high winds.
    • 24/5/16 Heard nothing -this is the date meant to hear about quote
    • 25/6/`6 Phoned Office - sad they had just finished for day - but would get someone to phone me tomorrow. Mentioned the fact that 2 men had already said this was dangerous and that weather was making it worse, and that insurance needed to know immediately. Was told that they were insurers, so didn't need to let anyone else know.
    • 26/5/16 Heard Nothing
    • 27/5/16 Phoned Office again - to be told they are on holiday till Tuesday
    • 31/5/16 Office phone me to tell me slater and inspector would be out to price job - slater phoned me and said - he had already priced this job and that office had all details and photos., and takes about 14 days to send an estimate, so should hear by Tuesday. Was sitting outside me house and saw the loose tile I had also reported.
    • 7/6/16 Still heard nothing
    • 8/6/16 Phoned office, once again only to be told they had finished for the day. It was 4.30pm. They would get someone to call me tomorrow. Mentioned again the fact that this had been declared dangerous and again mentioned the insurers.
    • 9/6/16 They phoned me, said someone would be in touch with me today. Contractors phoned me, said they had a job no/line to go and price the job, and should get estimate by next week. Told them job had already been priced and all details were with office. They said they knew nothing about this.
    Is it just because they are talking to a women that this happens, are is this just normal :mad:

All this from a company we PAY to deal with repairs once they have been reported.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I will read your saga. I'm just home. Lunch was at someone's home :D

So still an NSD

Bexster :)
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi AFK

I must say, I don't think I'd be paying them in copper washers after they have fixed this!!

I'd like to say it's because you are a woman, but I suspect this is not a gender-biased incompetence you are experiencing!

Can you contact the office and insist on a named contact there? People do not like needing to be personally responsible, but I'm afraid if this didn't yield results I would put your last post in writing and address it to the boss of the company you pay. Who is expected to pay if the state deteriorates due to rain damage etc? Caused by their delay/stupidity? I'm afraid by this point I would be at a take no prisoners stage. Call office and aspk them to send a copy of the quote to you, with a date for when the work will be done. Get the persons name you spoke to. Any further issues and the letter would go to the big boss, and I would advise the person I was speaking to just before I ended the call that would happen if I had further issues.

Just what I would do. Hope you had a good day

Bexster :)
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gosh AFK - that really is a saga. Sorry to hear you are having so many issues :(

Is the problem with the insurance company itself? Or a company working on their behalf? I would be inclined to follow up with the head office if it was me. As Bexster said, you can use your notes from above as evidence of the ineptness you have suffered from to date.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Thanks Bexster
    BookWorm wrote: »
    Gosh AFK - that really is a saga. Sorry to hear you are having so many issues :(

Is the problem with the insurance company itself? Or a company working on their behalf? I would be inclined to follow up with the head office if it was me. As Bexster said, you can use your notes from above as evidence of the ineptness you have suffered from to date.

The very one and same. Very complicated to explain, there are 4 of us, We all have same company that, if any one of us reports a repair the company arrange repair then split the bill 4 ways and send to each of us. Anything over £200, they must first write to us for agreement, then only 3 have to accept for the repair to go ahead. All this doesn't matter as we are claiming insurance due to the storm we had. We all pay them a management fee.

As a condition of buying the house, we ALL must pay this, or ALL opt out. We must also let them arrange Building Insurance (which they are also in co-hoots with - re my previous phone call, stating that we had to let the insurance company know immediately, they stated - its ok, we are the insurers) and the company that they call contractors is in fact a company which they OWN.

Talk about "up the river without a paddle"
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Just made an o/p of £100.00. Was thinking on a lump sum, but going to wait, till I feel a bit more comfortable :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    We now have our estimate :j
    But ..... I do worry too much :(. They have the go ahead if under £200.00 without our consent. Trouble is, it is under £200 and they WANT our consent :doh: :think: Should I be worried ?

Especially as 1 builder's quote was double that and add on a 0 :eek:
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    On a better note, today has been good.

As part of the birthday celebrations at work, we got a free ice cream today :D There was also birthday cake made up as the shape of the building - but none left by the time we got there :eek: Also missed the celebrity :(
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Just paid all due bills, caravan gas & electric, etc. Feels good, now nothing is outstanding.

Paid £35.53 o/p towards mortgage. Every little helps. :) and tomorrow should see the o/p made yesterday come off the balance :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure