NST Muddy March Marathon

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 March 2017 at 1:58PM
    Options
    Greent I may have mentioned my loe of lego before. When I only had DS1 I looked after 3 other children for a time. Their mother was amazed that I had got her daughter to play with the lego. She had told her many times that it was 'okay for girls to play with lego'. I said - "I just sat at the kitchen table, playing with the lego". Action speaks louder than words.

Apple I love your gratitude lists. I am glad you are spending time (however brief) with your sister.

ccl The sunshine helps a lot. I am not a huge sun worshipper (get headaches and exzema) but I am enjoying sitting out for 5 minutes and letting the sun seep into my bones.

abundant would it help to keep a mood diary and maybe write a list of non spend treats (mood lifters). I am trying to be more aware of how I feel as I know I eat without thinking because of tiredness/ boredom/ bad day/ deserve it and even eating without thinking because I have left something within arms reach and just keep mindlessly putting things in my mouth (I used chantenay carrots last week, which helped). I want to get to the stage where I pause before I eat and analyse what I really need ( a hug, a hot bath, rub moisturiser into my skin).

Stop beating yourself up. My body is slightly horrific atm but I am not letting myself think like that (oh I'm so disgusting, I look like a slug, must eat another chocolate bar to compensate) as it is not helpful (classic cycle of despair). I have 'accepted' my body as it is and I keep rubbing or patting my stomach and telling it it is going.
    59-stern-face.pngWanted to put this in the other day (me being stern with transgressors) but have only just remebered how to (will crack this technology stuff yet)
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Feeling grouchy. Back is playing up and sitting down in work is hell. Just trapping the nerve. Been out for a walk and as Mothernerd suggested treated myself to reduced flowers - well its better actually, lovely basket of plants at least 5 plants in it so can repot them after, now 1/2 price in Morrisonss. 5 pounds woo hoo.

Got some ys raspberries, salad and yogurts - yes I am trying to be healthy. Even though dd bought gorgeous tin full of Border Biscuits

Didn't go out with dd yesterday traffic around here was gridlocked not worth moving out of the house but hey a SFD in the bag. 11/15 SFD surprised myself with that.

Not feeling very postive about next month my cc has taken a hammering last few days so try and repay that in full then.

Mothernerd I need to get into being more flexible. Will be rolling around the floor doing stretchy exercises when I get home.

Grateful for
    Working locally no traffic jams
    Got done a major chunk of work today
    Not pigging out yet. Not really wanting food today too niggly.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSD today - posted some things at PO, but they were fleebay sales, so postage covered by the purchasers (and used freebie RM survey stamps for much of it , anyway)

Walked to school and back for morning school run - meaning I had done 10k steps just before 10am :D Then went out on a school trip this afternoon, so a little bit more stepping achieved. Did 10mins HIIT and 4 mins of slow held squats this morning too - may do another small HITT once smallest 2 are in bed. Have achieved some stretching with HITT and will mix it up if I do more later.

I walked through part of the local nature reserve on the way home today, so am counting that for park visit :)

3 more fleebay sales today - they are going well :) All small amounts, but they are adding up in my paypa1 account very nicely :D

Today I am thankful for:
    * the opportunity to spend time with DS3 during school hours and take part in the trip/ activity
    * the day brightening up - it is nice and sunny now after a chilly start
    * making myself do the school run this morning on foot - good start to the day :)
    * eebae sales and prompt payers :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Today was a no spend day :). 11 so far not to shabby
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Going for it! Final push before Friday payday and the end of the month.
    NSD 9
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi again :)

Mothernerd - Thank you for the nudge, and yes - I bought myself a new diary last week so I can track moods, food I eat, sleep patterns, exercise, mindfulness etc - to see what (if anything) lifts/lowers my mood. I borrowed a good book from the library ;) called 'Taming the Black Dog' which also suggests using one.

Had a great day off... 2 loads of washing, pegged out and put away. Bed changed, 8 servings of food made for the freezer, went for a walk and did some mindfulness (a.k.a almost falling asleep until a bee woke me!) in the sunshine - and lots of soul searching... Off to pot some plants now :)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my morning stretches which wake me up and make me feel good, for the pull-up bar which is great for hanging off and feeling/hearing my back clunk into alignment, for gorgeous sunshine, for a good leseon with my y9s, for the buses getting me home 10 mins earlier than usual, for some possibly very good news for mum, for big sis being so organised and on top of everything, for getting a fresh start every month with the turtle gang, for 85% chocolate, for dh and dd working on some maths tasks together.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saturday was a spend day as brought lunch out when I collect my son, instead of a pub meal we had Mcd's - that was a saving of £50 alone.

Sunday I spent as DS needed packed lunch bits - he is just back from Uni but is working this week to earn some extra money.

Today was a NSD of sorts, relative is in hospital so I spent on car parking at the hospital and also got him a newspaper to read so I am counting these under medical.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. A flexible job
    2. Our wonderful NHS
    3. Lighter evenings (but not liking the darker mornings!!)
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    nsd 16
    Today I'm grateful for :
    My sister restoring sanity when my mum tries to make things unnecessarily stressful
    Being able not to panic when I look at my bank accounts (budgetting leaves you with exactly the right amount at the end of the month but that can sometimes be a bit daunting!)
    Knowing I have savings behind the scenes
    Taking time for myself to walk and think
    A good ppa (planning, pr!paration and assessment) session at work
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Day TwentyEight
    Use It or Lose It
    Flexible thinking.

As we get older we tend to become more fixed in our thinking. We start losing brain cells from our mid-twenties (don't worry, we barely use a fraction of our actal brain power) and it gets harder to learn new things.

We can resort to cliches - I remember the shock I felt the first time I repeated one of my mother's to my children. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

I firmly believe that we should continue to learn throughout our lives and never be to proud to adopt a good idea, whoever it comes from.

Day 28 Wellbeing
    Write a diary entry about how awesome you are (I know it's difficult).

Inspiration
    Life is short, live it
    Love is rare, grab it
    Anger is bad, dump it
    Fear is awful, face it
    Memories are sweet, cherish them.

For yesterday I am thankful for a lovely (very appropriate) card from DS2 - he brought it on Sunday but it makes me laugh every time I see it, for the continuing good weather facilitating the bedding drying and for time to relax.

Have to sort my room now. I moved the bed on Sunday as the sun was in my eyes (at 6.30am but must not complain). I have moved things so that they have more room but now have the beddding, the big tools, the Christmas decorations and a lot of craft stuff and paperwork back in my room. It fits but needs to be in corralled firmly in it's boxes and baskets.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport