Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow haven't been on here for ages. Money situation remains largely unchanged except my Tesc0 card is down by £62 due to DD. Payday actually not that far away and I should make it but I've a feeling I'm forgetting some bills. Owe MrMfm £200 which I can pay him but tomorrow will have to do a check. Have been good in some areas, the small ones, and bad in other areas, the incredibly large scary ones. Oh well. Oh yes the hay cheque hasn't cleared the bank yet so that's probably why I feel so "flush". Haha. Relative term ;)
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Wow, been about 6 weeks since I posted. Well there has been a good reason for that. I've been in hiding, in a sort of superstitious way, as our 4th IVF worked and I'm now pregnant :j :D. I'm 10 weeks so still a long way to go, but have had a couple of scans and so far so good.

Needless to say the treatment tanned our finances, between the travel, additional drugs, additional medical costs etc etc. It will all be worth it, but things certainly aren't improving financially. Well that's not strictly true, they have improved a bit, just not much!

Lorry ended up being more than I'd hoped to fix, I had to basically clear out the January bill account; but then I received a small amount of compensation I wasn't expecting, so was able to repay it. So am going to try to focus on positives

Family debt now over half way to being paid. I have less payments to make next year than I've made this year.

0% card going down, albeit by minimum payment only. Runs out in February.

Overall "daily use" credit card remains reasonable even with Christmas spending on there.

House account in much better shape than it was last year. Should have about 80% saved for home insurance in January. Last year had nothing.

Gas (bulk LPG) now on monthly payment plan so no more big bills to find.

January bill should be mostly saved for, though a bit will have to come out of January's pay.

So now all I have to worry about is transferring that card onto a new 0%, paying it off, and saving up for maternity leave :eek:

Loads more I want to say but will keep this short(ish) for now, and go and read some diaries to catch up.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Whoop whoop. Such good news and a quarter of the way through. Also good to hear you're fairly on top of things. Just do what you need to for the next six months.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Fantastic news congratulations!!!! - so pleased for you x
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That news is great to hear. You go into 2015 with your dreams coming true. :beer: :j
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Congratulation-Colour-_zpsp6rfebfk.gif

Wow fantastic new mfmaybe :j:T:j

What an amazing start to 2015. Now you can set yourself a challenge to set yourself up with all the baby bits by hunting down items for sale etc.

Its amazing how many Baby Items For sale groups there are on Facebook etc.

I look back on the amount I spent on all brand new stuff for my babies and it makes me really shocked. when you can get hardly used stuff for next to nothing.

Guess the only thing to get brand new is the mattress. Very important.

anyways, I am sooooo pleased for you :T:T
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Gosh thank you everyone :eek: it all feels a little unreal still, and I'm very nervous about things going wrong. It's taken so long to get here I can't quite allow myself to believe. I certainly won't be buying anything for a long time yet. Luckily a few friends are going to be able to help in that respect. Steph I like the idea of making it a challenge.

• StressedSteph
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Gosh thank you everyone :eek: it all feels a little unreal still, and I'm very nervous about things going wrong. It's taken so long to get here I can't quite allow myself to believe. I certainly won't be buying anything for a long time yet. Luckily a few friends are going to be able to help in that respect. Steph I like the idea of making it a challenge.

Morning mfmaybe,

Happy Fresh New Year :T

I can remember the excitement of finding out I was pregnant. Its such an amazing time. I feel excited for you :D.

I am not sure if you have any children already??. if not, preparing all the items you need for a new baby can spiral out of control extremely easily.

You don't actually need all that much, but it is very easy to convince yourself that you need all the major gadgets.

I nearly bankrupted us with all the paraphernalia I bought :o.

Enjoy it all, even the piles, heartburn and swollen ankles :D, it a magical time and I really miss it. (broody.com) xxx
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Happy new year and congratulations!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Congratulations - what wonderful news.

I can understand your hesitation, although I enjoyed being pregnant, I worried all the way through after five cycles! Try and enjoy it though..

With twins, I bought a lot of stuff second hand.. and reusuable nappies saved me a fortune for the first year! Happy New Year!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport