PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding - Springing Ahead

Options

Comments

• Tinwhistler
    Tinwhistler Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2014 at 12:56PM
    Options
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    5 more items put on ebeast..

You'll be so proud of me... I made a start on the landing!!! I emptied a box filled 10 years ago.. 90% is in the bin and I have a carrier for DS1 and bits for OHs mum and half a dozen bits for CS .. it will be gone if it kills me!

all the Christmas stuff has been put away so there is a visible fire surround in the girls room!!

I have sorted Pixies clothes and flung a broken chest of drawers. I have a box of clothing to be made into stuffed sheep for my 3 girls. and I sold lots of knitting patterns!

It is utterly trashed upstairs now but it is reducing the volume of carp very slowly!!

I think the boxes and bags stuffed with bits are the hardest to sort. I can't face them at the moment.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Loads of Cherry tomatoes decluttered from the fridge & made into soup & a couple of elderly lemons made into Lemon Drizzle cake for DH. Fridge cleaned & tidied - thats my quota for today lol
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) In the past few hours I have returned from the hometown to my city with a whole load of random Stuff. Was so twitchy about it that, after having a quick cuppa, I saddled the pushbike and rode over to the [STRIKE]dump[/STRIKE] beg pardon, household recycling facility, and put some stuff into the relevent categories. Today it was metals.

Then I went on to the allotment with a fencepost which I treated with wood preservative and have stashed in the shed. If all goes according to plan tomorrow, I shall take some more stuff lottiewards and do another wood treatment and then that project will be well on its way to completion.

Most of the Stuff is timber for either the bonfire or projects, depending on how sound the wood is. So, it won't be in the shed more than a few weeks. I also have some textiles for recycling and some smallish donations to add to the next charity-shop bag.

Memo to self; it ain't decluttered until it's completely accounted for and gone-gone-GONE.

Keep up the sterling work, lovely peeps. GQ xx
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have decluttered the caravan.

Having spent last week in it, and actually having some time to myself, I had a good sort out of cupboards and realised that there was a lot of stuff in there that we no longer had any use for. The children aare older now and are likely not to come away in it many more times and it had a load of cricket sets, tennis, badminton, kids drink cups and so on that weigh heavy and so cost more in the petrol when towing and clutter up the space.

It is beautifully empty now - though the house is rather cluttered again,

On another note DD is off to uni in a few weeks and so a load of stuff will leave her bedroom. I have permission to go in and deep clean and sort - I won't throw anything without permission, but it will be a pleasure to do something positive in there. Mind, it is so cluttered at the moment, I am not sure how much difference it will actually make once she has gone.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • skeeter93
    Options
    Supposed to go to the swap meet with a carload of stuff tomorrow... so of course it's been pouring yesterday and today. Do I fill the car or don't I... so tired of the stuff in the house, and online selling is moving things so slowly.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, fill the car.

Got a birthday present and cards out, but a new present (for someone else) in.

Got about 5 things that have been sitting in the boot of the car actually distributed.

Can't sleep so the dwasher is on and so is the washing machine. May as well get a head start on the day while I have a soothing drink.

We are definitely into our routines better now.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) LOL, read that as VJsMum had decluttered a caravan, not the contents of one.....must get my head examined, can't blame my eyes as had a recent eye test.

Have been doing a wee bit of signwriting this morning (new numberplate for the allotment) and will let that dry and get that up there soon, probably tomorrow. Will be heading out shortly on an errand to turn some carp into (a small amount of) money.

Will then head off to the bike shop to get something tweaked and eventually make it up to the allotment, probably this afternoon now. Have lots of little bitty things to do, all in random directions, IYKWIM. The fruits of being away from home for the best part of 4 days.

At least the library website was functional this morning, so was able to renew the books online, so one errand in person not necessary this morning.

Right, going to get a bit more interwebulation then outta here. Have a good decluttering day, one and all.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DH is decluttering the garage and moving storage around so it is a garage with shelves rather than a dumping ground with no room for a car IYKWIM ;)

DD have been sorting through stuff in the study - old photos, reports, work related stuff of DH's from years ago etc. The look of shock and respect on their faces when he said he had written an inspection guide and textbook was sweet.

Unfortunately our nearest charity shop is closed due to flooding but will try to keep sorting and removing stuff.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DH's Aunt on the phone to me today for AGES - so while I talking I managed to declutter 2 drawers of off colour drawers (knickers!) & a couple of bra's. Hmm that doesn't read right - I mean they're a shade of grey...Oh you all know what I mean :o
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure