PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Think all questions have already been answered but to confirm

TCO - Mr T 1p item - White chocolate Orange Flavoured Segmanted Ball - normally sold at Christmas;)

GCJ - Blog site A Girl Called Jack - feeds her and 3 year old son for £10 a week - great cheap recipes:)

Might try her kidney bean burgers tonight, but will need to buy cumin. Have a £10 Sainsburys Brand Match to spend today, so going to make a list of best value items I can buy with that, but will count it as real cash spent for this challenge.

Have a gud day all x
    £2015 in 2015 (Although actual goal is £10 a day)
  • dramarama
    Options
    Spent £5.81 yesterday in Sainsbobs on ham, fruit squash, apples, basics fromage frais, GF pasta and a pencil case! Trying to avoid the shops if I can, knew that we would be using the above stuff this week.
    Dinner last night was pretty much all from the freezer, fish, veg & potatoes.

Loving the support and ideas on this thread :)

Will update signature to show spends.
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
  • sheeppappar
    Options
    Just checking in to report spending so far.. £40 in Ald1 on our first day back from hols which should see us till the middle of next week including the 2 little sheep visiting at the w/e. It will also generate some meals to put back in freezer. Also spent £5 in co-0p last night getting washing up liq (forgot in Ald1) (persil 2 for 1.50 so cheaper than own brand) plus a card for in-laws to say thanks for looking after the little dog while we were away... no time to get to card factory (curses) so the card was £2.29 ARGH!

I inventoried freezer/cupboards as soon as I got back and along with our Ald1 shop we have loads of stuff to keep us going for teas and for breakfast + dinner ....Mr Sheep and I are both on the weetabix diet (well Ald1 wheat bisks I should say) this week to try and lose some of the pizza wobble from hols... so that's what we will be eating for 2 meals a day.. in theory anyway!

Ah Terry's choc orange.. time to start planning for xmas hurrah!
    I may start a savings card with A5da or another supermarket.. does anyone have any advice on which is best? I seem to think some of them give you a bonus if you have saved X amount by a certain date..

Anyway hope you are all having a good week and looking forward to the weekend XXX
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi i went to aldi on monday to use the £5 off voucher and am now going to try and do no more shopping this month...only things i think we will need is milk and fruit

i was impressed with the mirror coupons and liked the vouchers for 50% off various bits and pieces...i shall try and get the paper at the end of this month
    good luck
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't have time to post yesterday but spends were £5.70 mainly on bananas, tomatoes and apples.

Tea last night was gammon, mash & some broccoli which needed using up a.s.a.p. before it was too late.
    Have uses the rest of the broccoli and some cauliflower in soup which is simmering at the moment.

(sorry picture not brilliant)
    001_zps5eea39b2.jpg
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Billie-jo wrote: »
    Didn't have time to post yesterday but spends were £5.70 mainly on bananas, tomatoes and apples.

Tea last night was gammon, mash & some broccoli which needed using up a.s.a.p. before it was too late.
    Have uses the rest of the broccoli and some cauliflower in soup which is simmering at the moment.

(sorry picture not brilliant)
    001_zps5eea39b2.jpg

Your pictures are always great
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Total of 26.79 spent so far out of my budget of 136.00. Hopefully a NSD today.
  • FlubM
    FlubM Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Spent a total to date of £180 of my target £800. I am feeding more people in the first half of the month than in the second half so I am fairly comfortable with progress so far
  • dylan2011
    Options
    NSD day yesterday. Yay! :j
    Planning another today, and going well so far.. :j
    Enjoying another sunny day - supposed to rain tomorrow. :( hoping for more sun when we have our little break away, then I am happy for the weather to draw in and get ready for xmas.
    Mum of 2 monkey. 4 yrs and 2 yrs :j
    Starting again...
    July GC £65/£200
  • sefilby
    sefilby Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    £3.90 on chicken breast which was used in wraps last night, Fish & chips tonight. relly fancy ribs with salad & corn on cob - self restraint needed as that is planned for next week & fish needs using up 1st!
    Christmas budget £266.38/£535 15/27gifts
    Read a book a week challenge 50/52
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family