Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hello all, just a quick update from me - my broadband is being connected on tuesday so normal service will be resumed then, I'm using Mums at the moment :)

So it's been a crazily busy week of unpacking / cleaning / lugging / trips to the tip etc. I've done a mammoth shop at Ikea and bought a new bed & mattress for me, a new bed for ds, wardrobes for ds, desk for ds, and then also needed to buy a washing machine as that went bang the first time I switched it on :cool: So, the bank balance has been majorly thumped, and I can't wait to start getting the finances under some control again.

I have spent a couple of hours this morning clearing some of the survey backlog in my inbox, still only about half way but at least it's a few pennies earned ;)

Ds is at scout camp this weekend, luckily my Sky tv was connected yesterday so I can enjoy my footie this afternoon :D

Other plans for today are to clean the car and the garage door. See you all soon when I can get back to normal with the money. One really good bit of news is my new mortgage is with Nationwide where I have a current account, and I can see the interest added on a daily basis, it's roughly £5 per day :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Whoop whoop, it appears my broadband is already working :T :T I was told it would be Tuesday and didn't think to try before that, but I was clicking through the sky stuff on the tv and it let me download a programme on iPlayer, and I remember the guy saying it wouldn't work until the broadband was connected - I plugged in the laptop and bingo, it's working :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on broadband :j
    Did I miss you deciding what you were doing about Sainsbury?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I declined the job Beanie - I should have had my induction today but I'm still signed off work. I still don't know if I've done the right thing, at least for now I'm earning a decent salary so will try and keep going as long as I can and save as much as possible ready for when things may go pear shaped again :o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully though things wont go pear shaped again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So, I've finally managed to take stock of the bank accounts, I need to keep a close eye for a couple of days in case there's anything I've forgotten over the last few days, but otherwise I have a bit more left over than I'd anticipated which is a very welcome relief :D

So, I reckon it's time to come up with some new plans and goals. For starters I need to repay my brother the money he lent me for the house (£30k), I will move £500 from my wages each month into savings, £350 of this towards my brothers money, £100 towards general household maintenance and £50 towards a new car fund which hopefully won't be needed for several years but who knows!? and let this build up for this purpose. I also want to try to make small overpayments on the mortgage, I will aim to make at least £5 a day (£150 a month) as this is the amount of interest adding onto the mortgage on a daily basis and then anything else above this is a bonus.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Mum popped in earlier with £50 to buy myself something for the house, I know it's sad but I'd rather use it to start off my mortgage overpayment fund :D That £50 cancels out all the interest on the mortgage since we completed last friday, and means I'm still on track for earning £5 a day for every day of the mortgage ;) I know most people would say buy something for the house but to be honest I have already splurged on the furniture that we needed, and anything else can wait a while now to see what we want or need.

Ds is back from scout camp, and is snoring loudly already on the sofa :D

I have signed up for gas / electricity deals (via quidco), and am waiting for that to track. I have a few other bits that have tracked in there so that is building up nicely again now :)

I'm enjoying a lazy afternoon sat in the conservatory with the doors open to the garden feeling like one of the luckiest people in the world right now, I love my new house :D:D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    how lovely :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • benbenandme
    Options
    This morning I've had to return the shirts/trousers I bought for ds as his school ones were getting too small - I bought the next size up and they turned out to be smaller than the ones he already had? :( So another trip to the shops and I've gone for the next size, hopefully these will fit this time!

I also returned a padlock I bought at the weekend as ds casually mentioned he has the key for the old one on his keyring (after I'd looked everywhere for it and assumed it had got lost in the move).

Other than that today will be a washing and housework kinda day. Ds didn't wear much of the stuff he took to scout camp but it has all come back smelling of campfires so will all be bunged back in the machine :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £4 from a survey today, that gets chucked into the mortgage overpayments pot :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family