Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• darren_5
    darren_5 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which can do 4 recordings? The Sky Q boxes or the Sky HD?

Whats the worst that can happen if we put in my other halfs name? Sky told me thats the only way we can change the name on the account as you can't simply just change the name. I was told she would need to sign up as a new customer if we wanted to do that.

Im guessing I would never get a discount and a sky+ box?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 10:45AM
    Options
    mk_saver wrote: »
    Need some advice, I have over the last few days been discussing with sky my bills and went so far as to cancelling sky.

However I have since been offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb box (free)
    Sky mini box (free)
    Multi room (£12)
    Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd (35% off for 12months)
    Sky fibre unlimited broadband & line rental (discounted bb by £8.99 for 12months & line rental discounted by £4 for 9months)

Basically for 9months am paying £62.79, then £66.79 (months 9-12), then for 12-18months am full price @ £89.08

Is this a good deal or am I still being ripped off?

You're not being 'ripped off' regardless since they've given you an offer and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

As for the deal, for the first 12 months it's not bad at all but the last 6 months destroys it for me. Try to get them to extend it all (or most at least) to 18 months or even just for 12 months.

Edit: BTW, there's no such thing as 'Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd' as Entertainment is the new basic core package at £25 full price. Boxsets & HD are £5 each add-ons.
  • mk_saver
    Options
    You're not being 'ripped off' regardless since they've given you an offer and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

As for the deal, for the first 12 months it's not bad at all but the last 6 months destroys it for me. Try to get them to extend it all (or most at least) to 18 months or even just for 12 months.

Edit: BTW, there's no such thing as 'Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd' as Entertainment is the new basic core package at £25 full price. Boxsets & HD are £5 each add-ons.

Just managed to get them to extend the broadband deal to the full 18month term so far... Therefore saving £8.99 for the 18months, line rental discount remains the same at £4 for the first 9months.

This therefore makes my average monthly bills to £69.23
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mk_saver wrote: »
    Just managed to get them to extend the broadband deal to the full 18month term so far... Therefore saving £8.99 for the 18months, line rental discount remains the same at £4 for the first 9months.

This therefore makes my average monthly bills to £69.23

It usually takes me 3 or 4 attempts before I get something acceptable (to me). Patience & persistence are the keys.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It usually takes me 3 or 4 attempts before I get something acceptable (to me). Patience & persistence are the keys.

I agree. Took me a few attempts last year to get what I wanted. If you don't get offered what you wanted then say your goodbyes and try again with a different person the next day
  • darren_5
    darren_5 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Im out of contract tomorrow and spoke with live chat a few times and the best i had was 50% off (£11.50 a month) to keep my existing sky HD box which ive had for 4 years and renew for 18 months.

I refused this and said I am only interested in upgrading my box or to leave.

I was offered Sky Q 1TB box with a £10 admin charge for £15.50 a month. It's not a massive win, but as a new customer i think they need to pay £20 a month?

Be interesting to hear what people say. Have I done the right thing?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a long thread on Sky that will give you an idea of what others have haggled

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480644
  • Mastanlem
    Mastanlem Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My last day was 23rd of Nov. For box sets and cinema. I have just been sent an offer of £10 for entertainment and £2 for HD plus other package offers. I am only interested now because the Eurosport channel only works out at £5 more than the Eurosport channel on Amazon and my husband can record the motorcycle racing when the season starts in March. This was for 12 month contract.
    We have gone through Christmas without but I do get Now tv anyway for the bedroom. However my husband says not to bother as he will be happy with Amazon.
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    I have given up
    They must think i am thick
    They offered 50% off in November and now offer £24 off (only 30%)

Cant be bothered calling them and asking for a discount any more.
    The Sky Q box is now unplugged and ready to get posted away.

I have asked them to cease any marketing emails and calls, their number is blocked as well

As a Sky customer for over 20 years it is now over- why have a dish when internet does as well?
    baldly going on...
  • craigy_b
    Options
    I have given up
    They must think i am thick
    They offered 50% off in November and now offer £24 off (only 30%)

I'm in the same situation. My contract has just finished and I was on a 50% discount for the last 12 months. The best offer I've had so far since putting in notice to cancel is 30% and I'm not too confident of that increasing before my notice period is up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback