22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You should be able to set your router to restrict wifi access by specific devices at specific times :) Just don't let the kids have the router password.

Bob - I have a feeling the foxes are vegan...
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    You should be able to set your router to restrict wifi access by specific devices at specific times :) Just don't let the kids have the router password.

Bob - I have a feeling the foxes are vegan...

Oh I didn't pick that up at all! Stupid Bob. Sorry.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi there *waves shyly* I've been lurking for a bit after stumbling across your diary and I must admit, it does make me smile.

I'm sure you're aware of this being a seasoned vegan but this popped up on my news feed the other day

https://coconut-merchant.com/product/coconut-nectar-honey-alternative-225ml/

I also saw this on my last foray into H&B, slightly eye watering at the price but could be a school alternative? (not sure how you prove its not peanut butter to the school without sending the kids in with the jar though?)

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/wowbutter-crunchy-nut-free-spread-60016207
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Moominmamma89
    Options
    Fab diary - have subscribed. We are also in a Victorian house although it is a 3 bed terrace so not the same scale and not as much work but a fair amount still to get through.

I am in total awe of how much you manage to get done every day - I am a great planner and then an even greater procrastinator! Your diary has inspired me to try and actually do some of the things on my to do list.

Good luck with your journey.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello to Moominmama and kerri gt,come on in, I'll put kettle on.:wave:

That sunflower seed butter is also available in Tesco and Morrisons, not AS expensive, but still too expensive, if you see what I mean. A full pot of peanut butter in our house is seen as a challenge to their masculinity. Or so it seems. never lasts more than 48 hrs. Wouldn't be surprised to find them putting it on baked potatoes.

Yes indeed we are dodgy vegans - (not the bendy Wendy yoga vegans) so no honey for us.

I keep finding myself looking at seed packets. I did have a garden at our last but 3 house, but not here, just a yard, but it is a suntrap. DS4 brought home a french bean plant and a sunflower from school last year, they both went totally mental outside. White painted brick walls and no slugs or snails meant anything in pots did really well. So I saved some sunflower seeds and some seeds from the bean pole, and will plant them again. I think a grapevine might do well out there, and a cucumber and tomatoes. But not until the roof is done. Must get on with getting quotes.

Didn't watch Sherlock on Sunday, watched Endeavour instead. Must get round to watching it.

The budget was reduced this morning, £20 for gymnastics club after school for DS3 & 4. Was so surprised they wanted to do something together I whipped out my note and paid there and then. Leaving me with £10, which went to Mr M0rris' son on the remaining few bits on the list. - nothing left to buy food wise til lunchboxes on Monday. I have a hankering for overnight cinnamon buns for breakfast while DH is away.

So budget is £0 til Friday, and the car needs petrol. So the budget is going out the window. There it goes, wheee! Annoying, but I will try and keep it down to only the petrol.

Spent 3 hours stripping panels off doors, all those panel pins!! Heartily sick of claw hammers and pliers and my hands are sore. But one and a half doors less to do now and I can see where the handles are meant to go and I can plan on the replacement locks and handles so they are here and ready to go when carpenter dude comes 19th -20th of this month. I think 2 of the doors will not be able to be reused, but will try and strip and patch the others so they look good enough to reuse. I am probably just going to paint them white again. After all, it's just a door isn't it? How good does it have to be?

In other news, Stena finally sent me my prize crossing. Oh...My...Gods..... you have to submit a request BY POST with two dates and times of crossings which you are not guaranteed to get, the Ts&Cs are enormous, it reads like a threat, not a prize notification. Oh well, I was going anyway so it is a freebie. Not going to grumble if they make me jump through a few hoops and bark like a seal. I draw the line at bashing horns with my nose though. Parp.

The wifi curfew went well last night. DS2 came and chatted on the sofa for a bit before heading to bed to read. DS1 said I was a techno fascist. As we (adults) also had no wifi, I told him at least I am an equal opportunities techno fascist.
    DH put on his best accent and said 'beatings will continue until morale improves'. No help there then. :rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I feel your pain re panel pins and claw hammers. We moved last year and I kid you not I removed over 30 rawl plugs from one room alone :eek:

As a vegan what do you think on those yeast flakes to use in cheese sauces? I tried making mac n cheese with coconut milk and yeast flakes and must admit I found it rather sickly.

I have some lovely wild flower seed packets but we no longer have a garden that is suitable for them - must freegle those. Our new garden would lend itself very well to some raised beds....we're in current 'negotiations' about that - OH has finally stopped giving a look of horror about the idea since every person who has looked at the garden has said the same thing :rotfl: Might be a compromise and be a large raised trug instead.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• NorthernMonkey1
    Options
    Techno Fascist PMSL
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    vI find coconut milk too coconutty for anything other than a thai curry. Def not with nooch, I can see that being very sickly. The supermarket budget brands are good now. The unsweetened ones work really well for sauces. I find a half a veg stock cube and a good handful of nooch makes a nice cheese sauce and then just a little actual grated cheese (equivalent) on top works well.

Oops, have to go turn off wi-fi
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    DH packed off to Porto. He did not even notice I had taken the nasty fake wood panels off the doors. Can't be bad then can it? Will do some more today.

I am a terrible list maker. My lists have lists. I don't get 1/5 of the stuff done on my daily list, but at least I can never say I don't have anything to do. I am rarely bored, but a lot of what I have to do is 'boring'.

So as I am a single parent until Sunday morning, I can crack on and make a mess without a grown up complaining, luckily the kids get quite vocal when the food does not turn up on time, so they will keep me on track.

Today is a baking day, have bits and bobs in the fruitbowl to use up before they start looking too sad, and I want to surprise the kids with cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow. The novelty of school has worn off. I am chasing them around on the landing at 7.30 and they are having trouble getting up in the morning. Think I may have to shunt bedtime for the smallest two back to 6.30 until they can get up.

Right, off to feed these kids
    Have a great day, and if this snow does not turn up I am going to be miffed. The weather used to come after the news, recently, the weather IS the news. When did that happen? And as to naming storms, I mean please! Ridiculous.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    It finally snowed! For a whole hour! The kids saw a fox leaping about in someone's garden, I was driving on an ungritted road so was concentrating and didn't see it. They were utterly tickled, except DS4 who didn't see it and then sulked all the way to his school. Lovely white snow everywhere just when we needed to drive to school. Then it disappeared in 20 minutes. Maybe some more later. That was the weather, now back to Andrew with the news.....

Took back some doorknobs and got a refund.

Cleaned out one hamster, doing the other cage when I can catch the speedy little !!!!!!. They are so fast, but if I lob a bit of millet into their zorb- ball, then they tend to hop into it and run around until the cage is ready again. DH made a grab for one of them, so I am having to get them to trust me again. One really likes nipping me. I am taking it as a sign of affection.

De-panelled two doors yesterday, de-pinned a whole one, but still have the other one and a full door to do. Hands holding up remarkably well. Getting there!

Cold here today, so will warm up running around and tidying up and hoovering so that it is tidy before the weekend starts. What it looks like over the weekend I do not care, it will be tidied on Monday morning again.

Going to go and look in the shed to see if I have any doorknobs or door fixings, I have boxes and boxes of bits and bobs out there, so before I go and buy some more, I should really find out what I have already and can recycle, cos door furniture is ridiculously priced. Some of it is properly gorgeous, but who can afford £60 per door just to open and close it? I have 13 doors!!!! By god they were gorgeous though.

All is good on the moneysaving front.

Nearly the weekend now.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure