IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC 2nd letter stage

Options
Hi, i am newbie in terms of account creation but i have been following and using these posts for years using all your advice.. i have won every appeal so far (even some luckily against councils!) i even do appeals for my friends and do well..

Anyway i have got this far without ever needing to ask a question or ask for advice but now it seems UKPC have stumped me!!!

my girlfriend has recently moved to a rented flat which UKPC control.. she doesnt drive so she has given me her permit.. a few times the car park has been so full that i have just parked in a made up space.. which most times i have got away with.. this time however.. they have fined me (UKPC) my car was fined on the 10/06/16, i did the norm and ignored the fine and took it off windscreen and put in my car as i always do and waited the NTK.. i received the NTK on 14/07/16, i then wrote to them in the standard form that i always use for the newbies page..

they then wrote back on the 22/08 saying..

thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the parking charge.

in order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, pleace can you provide the full name and address of the driver to our appeals department within 21 days of this letter

Paragraph 9(2)(B) of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012, states that we must inform the registered keeper that the drive of a vehicle is required to pay the parking charge in full. it also notes that as we do no know the drivers name or current postal address, the registered keeper, if they not the driver at the time, should inform the operator (i.e us ) of the name and current address of the driver and pass the notice to them.

The act also warns that if, at the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day after parking charge is sent), the parking charge has not been paid in full and the operator does not know both the name and current address of the driver,m the operator has the right to recover and unpaid part of the parking charge from the registered keeper. this warning is given under paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 and is subject to us complying with the applicable conditions under schedule 34 of that act (which we consider we do comply with, to the letter)

Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received, at this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided.

Further correspondence can be sent to our postal address below or on our website at (their website)

The parking charge has been on hold whilst under appeal and may be settled in full at the reduced rate of £60.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. UKPC REGULARLY TAKES MOTORISTS TO COURT WHO IGNORE THEIR PARKING CHARGERS. PLEASE SEE (a link to their site again) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

Please excuse any errors in the above i had to type the letter up as i am not sure how to upload a pic to this.. (any instructions would be great :))

What would you suggest my next steps be??

I have also about another 3 fines coming through from them as i didnt put the permit up.. as its lost its stickiness and falls down so i leave it off and put i up when i park.. but stupidly i have forgotten around 3 times.. so i know i have another 3 on their way!! :( (any advanced suggestions on this would be great too!) i am not on the lease agreement so id struggle to prove anything that way!! :(

Thanks for your help in advance :) :j:beer:

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 August 2016 at 9:53AM
    Options
    It's just a try on by UKPC, they are desperate to know who the driver is, it makes it easier for them.

The only logical part of their letter is .....

"Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received, at this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided."

They will get the hump like small children do and no doubt they will reject an appeal ....... Ignore and wait for your POPLA code.

Gather all your evidence and do remember UKPC are well known fakers of pictures. Prepare your appeal to POPLA

NEVER TELL THESE VERMIN WHO THE DRIVER IS/WAS

YES .. UKPC do try court but as the Prankster says
    UKPC lose in court - Notice to Keeper not compliant
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/ukpc-lose-in-court-notice-to-keeper-not.html
  • hineyb
    hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Beamerguy

That was my plan.. wait for the POPLA code.. should i do anything else in the meantime..

Also.. i have received another one (just checked post at my mums) this was for not displaying permit.. should i just appeal this in the normal way?

How many days do UKPC have to send the NTK to me in?? and how many days after i send my appeal do they have to contact me in also??
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    So, not only are you not an occupant, but you are using a permit to which you may have no entitlement, and which, by allowing you to use it, your g/f may be breaching the terms of her AST.

Also you have parked in places where the management company do not wish you to park.

Take these to PoPLA where you should win, UKPC's signs are almost always defective and read this, it may help your defence in court.

UKPC are former clampers who have been involved in quite a number of sordid scams, for example

Hull Trading Standards took them to court on 15 counts of fraud. UKPC won all but one, but only because they had a better lawyer, a Q.C. If I recall correctly

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597

They were bested by a Winchester barrister
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**

They were involved in a large scale scam which resulted in a DVLA suspension

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

They are in trouble in court

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50

And then of course there was Tracey Kiss

http://www.tracykiss.com/product-reviews/my-ukpc-parking-charge/

e
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hineyb wrote: »
    Thanks Beamerguy

That was my plan.. wait for the POPLA code.. should i do anything else in the meantime..

Also.. i have received another one (just checked post at my mums) this was for not displaying permit.. should i just appeal this in the normal way?

Yes, appeal in the normal way to each one, using the NEWBIE thread template or any version like it which doesn't name or imply the driver.
    How many days do UKPC have to send the NTK to me in??
    56 days from the parking event.
    and how many days after i send my appeal do they have to contact me in also??
    supposedly 35 days from the appeal reaching them but don't think it is set in stone, because it's not. Just sit tight.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can, if you want, complain to the BPA that they are stalling your request for a POPLA code, but I doubt it'd make any difference.
  • hineyb
    Options
    Thanks Coup..

I'm a bit worried that i have around 4 fines coming from them..

will they not try and collate them altogether and use it against me like i just kinda park there all the time breaking their rules bla bla bla??

it wont look good in court (if it gets that far) and ive used same reply for each will it ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 August 2016 at 1:58PM
    Options
    They will at this stage of proceedings send them individually, and you need to respond to them individually too.

It might help to set up a spreadsheet chart to ensure you have all the deadline dates they and you need to adhere to, so you can manage the tickets and don't overlook anything.

You should be able to kill these off at POPLA, so I wouldn't be concerning yourself about small claim court papers at present.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hineyb
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, appeal in the normal way to each one, using the NEWBIE thread template or any version like it which doesn't name or imply the driver.

Shall i not change it at all?? just write the exact same?? will i not just get the same response from them??

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No.

Yes, the same. No point changing it.

Yes, it will because they have an automated process: 'computer says no'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hineyb
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys.. i have created a spreadsheet good idea! currently got two PC's in there.. so will keep you all updated with the correspondence..

what happened to the template we used to send with the 3 options one being called the drop hands approach???

that used to get me out of all the fines.. it also had something in there about invoicing them for my time and cleaning products!! i used to get same reply from them saying they have dropped the charge and will not be paying an invoice.. why did that get changed??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure