We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• DaveSmith73
    Options
    They're awesome!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely wee chicks.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Lovely wee chicks.

They have different markings, so it may be possible to distinguish them one from another right from the start. Seem healthy enough and feeding themselves from the little dish.

The 'Mum' is the hen I was going to cull at this time last year when she was sneezing blood all over the place, suffering from mycoplasma. Didn't think she could possibly survive. She flies brilliantly too, when she feels like it! Tough cookie, and smart with it. :cool:
  • choille
    Options
    They look a little like Scot's Grey chicks which have a tad more yellow. The mum looks a bit like an Orpington - ish. The cockerel pic you posted earlier? Losing track - think it was you, can't keep up - looks like an Orpington.

Dreich here today - really low cloud & wet - still mustn't complain as it has been a great spell of weather - best in the country I think.
    It's pretty rubbish being indoors all day & that drives me nuts.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    They look a little like Scot's Grey chicks which have a tad more yellow. The mum looks a bit like an Orpington - ish. The cockerel pic you posted earlier? Losing track - think it was you, can't keep up - looks like an Orpington.

Dad is Australorp; the one I posted a week or so back, but they came from Orpingtons via Australia.

Mum is Welsummer.
  • choille
    Options
    Wow - hence the name - how dense am I?

Goodness. They'll be docile then? I find the Orps really docile & quite lovely personalities - My Orp boys are lovely but Mr Teddy the buff Orp is more aloof but he was bought in the other two I raised from an egg -maybe that makes a difference?
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Wow - hence the name - how dense am I?

Goodness. They'll be docile then? I find the Orps really docile & quite lovely personalities - My Orp boys are lovely but Mr Teddy the buff Orp is more aloof but he was bought in the other two I raised from an egg -maybe that makes a difference?

The Australorps are typically mild-tempered, calm and consistent layers. This one stomped about grumpily in exercise breaks and seemed to resent her confinement, but she did a good job.

Our Welsummers are dull, uninteresting birds, which lay decent eggs, though quite not enough of them. Perhaps this cross will produce at least one hen with the better qualities of both breeds. :)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Davesmith73:beer:

Davesnave they are soooooooooooooooo cute, i love new born chicks...

well my coat went for £122:T so someone got a bargin, and i am very happy with that..

Took some pics of stuff today, and will try and write the listings tomorrow...

Weather is very close and humid, i am sure they have given rain and thunder storms tomorrow:eek:

The weather we are having this summer, i wouldnt be suprised if we had snow:rotfl:

Cant sleep tonight, so might take a toddle around the internet
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    Options
    Well done CTC - that's great.

It's really muggy here & raining hard, but can't really grumble eg this May 25% of the rainfall we normally have. Mind you until then it was flooding wet.

That sounds rude...flooding wet......yeh, I think that sounds about right.

Pity we have no materials as it would have been perfect building weather - - - aaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the cute Summerlorps!

CTC, well done on the coat.

Choille, bubblewrap is from sensible_supplies on Ebay

Place is looking like a bomb site after 3 auctions in 10 days. So much stuff to sort, the mistakes already glaring, but some hints of upsides elsewhere.

Some help we'd arranged didnt show, so must catch up on other things. No more auctions for a couple of weeks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure