A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Need to update my sig to reflect this month's mortgage payment. I hate those months where it doesn't bring me into a new thousand. However, interest goes on at the end of this month so I think it'd be even worse to then go back up ifswim.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It is so annoying when you are so close to that new bracket!

Also bugs the life out of me when my interest adds part way through the month :mad:

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today was an odd day. Submitted a job application and dealt with my two clients. Paid my annual rates bill online to gain a discount but it was otherwise an NSD. OH exchanged unspent holiday currency which will hopefully pay for tomorrow's dental check up. Also had a row with a corporate who, I believe, lied to me. I get that mistakes can be made, I just get so irritated by people who make assumptions and tell lies to justify their actions and views. Question is if it's worth pursuing.
    It's one to ponder overnight.
    Tonight I am grateful for
    My incredibly long suffering OH
    Friends who answer random questions
    Ginger nuts
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh thats a buggar so it is.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Love your grateful post!

Dxxx
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. Making you an offer (that you may refuse) doesn't stop them from making the 'next appoint able' candidate an offer.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    aren't I an arrogant one? isn't it weird how I can go from total insecurity to assuming worrying about my response to what will be a much sought after job!
    yesterday i finally transferred the cash from my ISA to my current account to cover holiday, rates bill etc. I'm panicking a bit as i'm struggling with a lack of income even though i have access to funds currently so I transferred £500 less. I'd set the amount before getting my second commission which should net me around £500 so I just decided to leave the money where it was. It'll put me under a tad more pressure but hey, that's maybe what i need as i'm dithering.
    to achieve my target, I need to come up with an additional £945 pcm between now and the end of the year. this seems like an absolute nightmare however, when my first big fee hits, I intend to transfer the £2k I used to set up my business bank account back to personal account so that will bring the monthly target down to £645. that is in addition to the current £400 monthly deficit eroding my personal account. If however, i don't aim for this, i definitely won't achieve it. That's the big learning from this site.
    On other news, had dentist yesterday. 6 month check up scale and polish for £16.40. I see this as a worthwhile investment!
    I also did some grocery shopping and got a number of whoopsied items inc the 26p bag of salad that become OH's dinner yesterday along with some on offer chicken. i did however spend a total of £45 but £14 of that was on really good meat that will be the protein for 14-16 meals. i also picked up one item for my mum that I will deliver today. £5 went on a mag that had an expensive eyeliner as a free gift. DD likes this brand and it is light to send to the US for her july birthday. (considerably lighter than the Percy Pigs and Tetley teabags that are mandatory!)
    I have decided that I have to take one 2 business development activities each day. Today, this will be issuing 2 follow up emails. If I get a job cleared, it may also be chasing up our LA small business unit. I registered with them in April, received a case number with an email saying that there would be a 5 day response and since then, nothing despite a phone call from me. this really isn't good enough esp as I know they get ring fenced funding from central government to deliver this.
    anyhow, need to get a cuppa then get a wiggle on. Fingers crossed for my emails.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not arrogant - positive thinking!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    so, gotta promise of a £200 job in september from one of yesterday's emails. also, made £5 with pa. we have been living off our reduced price haul this week though i met a friend for lunch today. i'd made a purchase for my fellow diner and so just spent £5 on lunch. then used a voucher for a free blow dry at the next door salon. left a £2 tip.
    sat and watched the paxman election show last night until after half two. i am tired today and am truly appalled at how things have panned out. the thought of Arlene Foster (see cash for ash) wielding so much power horrifies me.
    today i am grateful for
    good friends
    reliable internet
    naptime
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,173 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    £205 is a good day's work, well done. And your hair looks really good. :)

I think most of the country needs a good night's sleep today! By the morning we may still be reeling but we will be starting to find our feet again.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I know the money is good. It's waiting til October for it to crystallise that bothers me. Odd sort of weekend. The plus side was that no takeaways were consumed and the car didn't move at all. OH got the grass cut on Saturday before a deluge hit. We also watched a movie together which was lovely but rarely happens.
    On the housework side, we cleared paperwork with lots of filing and shredding being done. I'm grateful that shredded paper can go in the brown bin. I've also identified a new home for a teddy bear, bnwt, that dd has agreed to part with. Unfortunately, apart from washing up, there was little to no housework done.
    Today, I intend to use a timer, spend half an hour on my living room and fifteen mins in my bathroom then shower and dress in time for breakfast to be consumed along with pop master. I know flylady says to get dressed first but I'd sooner get the heavy cleaning out of the way before being clean and ready to face the world.
    I have a prescription to get filled and OH has asked for some salad to be purchased. He likes mixed bags which aren't the most economical but he does eat the contents and it saves on purchasing lunches. Today I would also like to get a work task out the door and have my 2 business development activities to be done.
    So, in 45 mins I will
    Dust living room and polish
    Wash sofas
    Brush up and wipe down hearth
    Hoover
    Wash floor
    I will then do a wash done of bathroom, happily I deal with the toilet every day.
    All this will be done with a timer. 30 mins living room, 15 bathroom.
    I will report back so please nag if or when you see the gaps.
    Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback