Ideal Isar Boiler 2 years old and kaput!!!

Options

Comments

• dave7761
    Options
    They are very simple to fit just make sure power supply is switched off before you do anything. The cables will only fit in the desired ports as they are all different shapes.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    BG are the cheapest I think. Around £170 for a one off fix.

An independent like me usually charges around £300 as we have to pay the £230 stated above for the pcb
  • karl-123
    karl-123 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    i just bought a 25e ideal ignition board off e-bay for £5 £3 delivery
    £ 8 total
    a monkey could fit one providing the electrics were turned off,
    i like monkeys and would not want to electrocute one,
  • gas4you
    Options
    What's that got to do with an Isar/icos pcb!
  • prettypennies
    prettypennies Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, 2 years on and the PCB unit has gone again. What a croc of sh1te these boilers are. Warmfront and Ideal should hang their heads in shame for inflicting these hunks of junk on people.
    If it was up to me I would rip it the damn thing out, but the OH holds the purse strings and had decided to replace the PCB again :(
    Twins, twice the laughs, twice the fun, twice the mess!:j:j
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    my ideal / warmfront has just (1 week ) passed it's 2 year date. same fault L2 has occurred 3 times before, done under warranty, just gone again. as its the same fault should i try Ideal or give it up as a bad job.
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
  • bordercars
    Options
    updated. as i was only 6 days over the 2 years i called ideal. there paperwork says the warranty is valid till 19th sept. joy.

the downside.. it was installed under a warmfront grant, the tenant that qualified has since moved. is the boiler warranty still in place or as they suggest the warranty was in the previous tenants name.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    the warranty is normally on the boiler not the owner however warm front/ideal have their own rules, the warmfront grant should have been given to the owner/occupier of the house which i persume is still the same, but again we used to do loads of warmfront jobs for tenants how that worked i'll never know (I don't work on the warmfront scheme anymore).
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • gas4you
    Options
    Typical Ideal Boilers.

They will use any excuse to wriggle out of their warranty responsibilities.

As SC said, the warranty is with the boiler usually.

And now Ideal dare to offer a 7 year warranty!

All that means is 7 years of excuses as to why they won't fix it under warranty.
  • bordercars
    Options
    after speaking with CS at ideal, the warranty i called about was a warmfront deal. they will

"If the boiler is still under the two year manufactures warranty then you can call us on 01482 498660 and our customer services team will be happy to book a call out for you.
    Any parts that are replaced during the warranty period are only covered during this time. If the boiler is now out of warranty there would be a charge for the call out £245 inclusive of parts and labour. "

the boiler has the same fault as before...not covered, and was benchmarked ( fitted etc) on Aug 28 2010, bank holiday makes no difference so i missed the 2 years by 5 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family