PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anybody got a good way to clean UPVC windows/doors?

Options
It is probably on here somewhere but I can't find it......does any one know a product to clean my 2 lovely new UPVC doors without scratching them? If not a commercial product, does any one know of an OS "potion" that will do the trick?

Thanks, Stella

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, baby wipes are pretty good apparently. And if you go to our "Indexed Collections" sticky at the top of the board there's a link to a "Save Zillions on Cleaning Index" that has other tips you might like to try :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use good old Astonish, the paste in a tub, £1 from the pound shops. You can also get it in Orange fragrance now (use that in my bathroom) I find if you need something more than just water and elbow grease, that does the job, then wipe off with a clean cloth. Lovely and clean UPVc once more.
  • Whitefiver
    Whitefiver Posts: 688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use good old Astonish, the paste in a tub, £1 from the pound shops. You can also get it in Orange fragrance now (use that in my bathroom) I find if you need something more than just water and elbow grease, that does the job, then wipe off with a clean cloth. Lovely and clean UPVc once more.

Works a treat in my shower too. Only 85p from Home Bargains.

Regards,

White
  • stellagypsy
    stellagypsy Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'll get some Astonish first, sounds like a pretty useful product - there is a Home Bargains store near my office.

Many thanks to everyone who replied

Stella
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    I have used Jif before, chap ijn the trade told em to use that. You can also get upvc spray, stinks a bit but that also works. I got mine from screwfix.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ;)
    I`ve tried allsorts of things even buying stuff that promises to clean them.
    Does anyone have a cheap way that works.
    thanks val :T
  • intel
    intel Posts: 6,404 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For the frames if white just use Jif/Cif.
  • across
    across Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Options
    i dont buy anything fancy just jif and keep on top of them they stay lovely and bright that way!
  • leemina
    leemina Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I usually wipe down my UPVC window and door frames with warm water and a squirt of washing liquid, anyone any other ideas that will clean them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback