Credit reports

Options
Good evening.

I’m interested in seeing my credit report but don’t want to sign up and pay £14.99 ect.

I must have used the free trial years ago.

I’m currently on clear score, MSE and noodle. They all give very basic information.

Does anyone recommend and further sites to use or a work around the payment method?

Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2004arron wrote: »
    Good evening.

I’m interested in seeing my credit report but don’t want to sign up and pay £14.99 ect.

I must have used the free trial years ago.

I’m currently on clear score, MSE and noodle. They all give very basic information.

Does anyone recommend and further sites to use or a work around the payment method?

Thanks

What is it you want to see or know ?

Theres only the 3 agencies in the uk.

Call Credit (Noodle)
    Equifax ( clearscore)
    Mse (Experian)

The ones you have take the information from the 3 agencies.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2004arron wrote: »
    . They all give very basic information.

They give 6 yrs of information on open & closed accounts.
    Information about the Electoral Roll.
    Address changes.
    Personal details.
    CIFAS.
    Search history. (soft & hard searches)
    Financial Associates.
    Any CCJs, late payments and defaults.

What other information are you expecting to be able to see?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • 2004arron
    2004arron Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I initially felt they were only trying to push cards and loans into me.

After looking further into the menu and not just looking at the dashboard I found some interesting information.

Thank you all for the prompt.
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Not sure if you saw it but closed accounts is an additional option at the top right hand corner of your accounts page. The initial page in the accounts section shows open accounts so you have to hunt around a bit for the closed if you don't see it straight off. ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They each provide full reports, but it may not be obvious at first view. It can seem like basic info with credit offers, but they make money through referral links. A paid subscription service might not need to push referral links as hard. The paid subscription services don't give you any more information than the free services
  • london1973
    Options
    sorry to butt in, i'm having problems finding certain info on clearscore-for example the actual default date on closed accounts-am I missing it somewhere?
    thanks
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Are you able to see your closed accounts?

They will be on a separate tab which you can change from open to closed at the top right hand corner when on the account info within the report.

• 2004arron
    Options
    Yes I can. Thanks
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    What is it you want to see or know ?

Theres only the 3 agencies in the uk.

Call Credit (Noodle)
    Equifax ( clearscore)
    Mse (Experian)

The ones you have take the information from the 3 agencies.

It's worth pointing out that there are actually 4 credit reference agencies in the UK but those are the three main ones that people need to check.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that there are actually 4 credit reference agencies in the UK but those are the three main ones that people need to check.
    Do you mean National Hunter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport