Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Originally Posted by Cheery Daff viewpost.gif
    I will be SO glad when all this house sorting nonsense is over!
    starnac wrote: »
    Just in time for you to move ;)
    I'm afraid so :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think (she says...) I won't mind so much when we move on to *decorating*... but at the minute Mr Cheery is sorting the entire contents of the cellar and workshop into small plastic labelled tubs - so the entire kitchen and living room are full of boxes EVERYWHERE and we can't get at the fridge/washing machine/front door/stairs without clambering over stuff :eek:

Once the sorting is done, what's left can go back in the cellar, and the workshop (which is really just a spare bedroom with no bed in) will be empty - meaning that when we decorate one room, everything from that room can go in there...

That's the plan anyway :rotfl: and we all know what happens to those :rotfl: :rotfl:

:D

We've been searching for houses in our price range over quite a wide area, but yesterday out of interest I did a search for our current area without a price limit on it :eek: There's an utterly GORGEOUS house in the next street - a snip at £650,000 :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl: Basically, as suspected, we could stay round here if we bought another terrace - but since we already HAVE a terrace there isn't much point doing that! :rotfl:

Ah well, very occasionally something tucked away and ramshackle turns up so who knows?

Parkrun for me this morning :j Tis is my 40th, and after 50 I get a free Parkrun t shirt :D :j :j Not as impressive as it sounds - my first was in June 2011 so it's taken me 4 years to clock up that many :rotfl:

Sun's shining so I should probably get outside but I suspect it's going to be one of those days when I don't quite know what to do first! :rotfl: Having a shower first would probably help, - I'm getting a bit cold in my running kit now... So.

Shower and dressed in buttling outfit
    Third breakfast :D (1st and 2nd were really just two halves of the same one, eaten before/after parkrun :D )

Then in sections, not necessarily in order...

Voluntary work stuff
    Type rest of notes from allotment AGM
    Find bank account login details and approve transaction
    Send email about diploma research
    Write something about diploma for newsletter?
    Prepare for diploma tutorial next weekend (work on website?)

Garden
    Rebuild mini greenhouse and plant seeds!
    Turn compost

House
    Tidy kitchen and take stuff upstairs
    Hoover downstairs
    Tidy bathroom
    Hoover upstairs
    Wash sheets? (will depend if other washing is dry yet!)
    Spend an hour in attic filing and chucking stuff
    Sort out grouting with heat gun

Other
    Buy RAC cover
    Pay car tax (due end of month but might as well get it done now so I don't forget)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Darn it, can't make the colours work, what a boring looking list, sorry! :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    We've been searching for houses in our price range over quite a wide area, but yesterday out of interest I did a search for our current area without a price limit on it :eek: There's an utterly GORGEOUS house in the next street - a snip at £650,000 :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The housing thing sounds interesting! And so does the idea of leaving a room completely empty so you can do one room at a time :)
    Sort out grouting with heat gun
    I know what you mean about writing a boring list (tho that list covers a lot of areas, and its *awfully* long :eek:) but this one interested me - what are you doing to the grouting with a heat gun? That is, can I sort *my* grouting with a heat gun :D I have a pencil that promises to dye grouting white again ... but I fancy a heat gun :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I have no idea actually KC - I never got round to that bit of the list... :o :rotfl:

My grouting is still covered in dark green paint - the man in Wickes said the paint wouldn't cover that so I slapped on some extra grouting. Which worked, in terms of making it white :j But I was pretty slapdash and it doesn't look at all straight or pretty :o So I thought I'd try the heat gun and see if it softened it for long enough to let me run a stick over it to smooth it out...

I'd stick to the paint if I were you - much easier! :rotfl:
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    :hello: hello.. May I join in? *subscribed* I'm trying to do more running these days, did the blacklight run at Cheltenham last week which was loads of fun. I do need some new trainers soon tho...
    Good luck with the sorting :)
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh, please join in StepUp (may I call you StepUp?) :) How lovely to have you around :) I've not heard of the blacklight run - was it in the dark? Sounds like great fun! :j :j

Nice and warm today (although I confess I'm rather TOO warm in my fluffy dressing gown...). Working at home - and I've remembered I never did get round to finishing my attic sorting over the weekend so my workspace is in complete disarray :o

Ah well, I shall have to put blinkers on..

Just done a bit of urgent ish stuff for my course (sending something off to go in a newsletter) and now off for a shower and dress into something other than layers of woolliness and then I'd really best start work!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    See what you mean, Cheery :) I've tidied someone *else's* grout in the past - it had been put on a bit slapdash, as you say :) about 2 months previously, and I was at a bit of a loose end staying at their place, so I begged for a job, and got a little chisel/knife thing and tidied up the grout. Mind you, if the tiles had been painted, the paint would've come off as well :eek: :rotfl:

Good luck!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks KC :) Suspect I'll save it for next weekend now...

Just trying to decide what to do with the three 9p swedes I snagged the other day :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried Pippi's singing neeps?
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport