Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• MrsNubs
    Options
    kirsty that's such a shame that the meds haven't completely stopped the sickness. I have to admit, while I'm struggling a lot I am grateful I'm not actually vomiting, you have all my sympathy, must be terrible. At least at 11+2 you know it should start to wind down now. I'm basically living for the 2nd trimester at the moment! 10 weeks today, woohoo!

Very relieved you didn't have an internal, I know there will be lots of that sort of thing through the pregnancy, but just not feeling ready for it yet. Like I said, 2 books I read said it might happen, but they were American books and I wasn't sure how well they'd been converted for UK readers.

I'm very excited about the booking in. Feel like it makes it all real! I still have moments where I have to remind myself that this is all really happening.

We'd always been very vague with family and not confirmed if we ever wanted kids, so they were all very surprised, and seemed to think we should have been more open about our plans.
  • weesmiler
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Room for one more? I'm currently 8+3 weeks, so due on 20th April. Feeling sicky most days but not actually being sick which is good I suppose! I already have a wee boy who is 2. Pregnancy the second time round is a whole new ball game. Exhaustion coupled with a toddler ain't easy!

Mrs Nubs - in my experience there has never been any need for an internal examination until due date and they may give you a sweep. During my first pregnancy, it was all external, measuring bump, using doppler for heartbeat and ultrasound scans, although each NHS area is probably slightly different.

I've booked an early scan for this Saturday just for a bit of reassurance that all is ok.

Wishing everyone well, particularly those suffering with sickness, fingers crossed it doesn't last too much longer

xxx
    All you need is less
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi weesmiler, welcome and congratulations :D

MrsNubs Although I'm still being sick numerous times a day I feel that I can function now, whereas a few weeks ago I couldn't do anything except lie on the sofa and cry into my sick bowl :rotfl: I'm so attractive at the moment :o
    I feel exactly the same about the 2nd trimester - we actually fly to NZ 3 weeks tomorrow so I'm really hoping to feel better by then!

I think when I get the 12 week scan date I will feel much happier, I'm resisting the urge to call and chase them for it at the moment :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey all

Welcome weesmiler.
    Glad everyone is feeling as rubbish as me. If I don't feel sick I'm dying of indigestion
    :(

Keep window shopping for baby stuff and getting told off by my mum...which I am finding a little upsetting but I understand where she is coming from given my history...it's just frustrating that she was the one spouting about me staying positive when I first had my BFP. And now she seems to be the opposite. DH did buy me some of those maternity leggings from Lidl yesterday as none of my clothes actually fit me....

Which is strange given that I've lost three lbs since my BFP but dr wasn't concerned today when I went to get a vat of peptac:D

I had the best lunch today......grilled tomatoes and mushrooms with vegan cheese on top. It was ace :p:p
    On a mission
  • MrsNubs
    Options
    Welcome weesmiler.Thanks so much for sharing your previous experiences. I definitely need to find some UK pregnancy books, the US ones I'm reading say there'll be internal exams all the way through. Such a relief to learn that probably won't be the case.

Kirsty NZ sounds very exciting, how long are you going for? I'm very jealous!

Had a bad evening last night. I'm reading What to Expect When You're Expecting and I've noticed that everytime I read it I have a bit of a panic attack - heart racing, pressure in my chest like someone's sitting on me etc. Last night after reading some I just burst into tears in the middle of dinner. DH was absolutely lovely, gave me a big cuddle and just sat and listened while I talked it all out. I'm very overweight (BMI over 30 so considered obese) and I'd planned to lose weight before getting pregnant, but found myself comfort eating a lot when AF arrived. Now everything I read talks about the increased risk to the baby of an overweight mother, and I'm terrified the baby will die and it'll be my fault for being too fat. DH was very reassuring and pointed out we know people much bigger than me who had healthy pregnancies so I need to stop worrying, but it's still difficult.

Anyway, sorry to bring the mood of the thread down with my worries, hope everyone is having a good Tuesday and not feeling too rubbish!
  • I'm glad its slightly less awful kirtsy, I really hope this is an upward trend for you.

Welcome weesmiler, good luck for your scan on Saturday!

I've been the same as lauradora, very bloated around the middle, up a couple of jeans and bra sizes, but actually lighter. I think its probably that I'm losing a bit of muscle through lack of exercise, and I expect to put on plenty of weight the next six months! BTW, what vegan cheese did you use?
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    MrsNubs we are off to NZ for just over 2 weeks to see the in laws then 6 days in Australia to go and watch the V8 supercars on the Gold Coast. I'm quite looking forward to it although there is some concern as I've had a possible blood clot on my lung before so I may end up on heparin for the trip which won't be ideal but whatever is best for baby :)
    Also, about BMI - I wouldn't worry - before I got pregnant my BMI was almost 34. I was trying to lose weight for fertility treatment but I'm an emotional eater - since I got my BFP I'v gone down to 32.5 which is still obese but Doctors don't seem too worried so I'm trying not to stress about it. Perhaps reading the book isn't the best idea for you at the moment - you don't want to make yourself more anxious.

Thanks Cherry, I really don't want to stop taking the tablets but Doctor will only give me 2 more weeks :eek:

I finally got my scan date through so that is something to look forward to - 25th September. I'll be 13+2/3 and it's only a week before we fly so I'd hoped it would be a bit earlier but my consultant appointment is at the same time so will be able to discuss flying concerns :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • MrsNubs
    Options
    Well I saw the midwife today but it turns out it wasn't my booking in. Some sort of pre-booking in. I think possibly because I'm new to the surgery and my medical records haven't all transferred across, so they didn't know anything about me, not even dob!

Booking in will be next week and will be a home visit with a different mw. Turns out my BMI is 37 so very high, so I will have an extra scan at 32 weeks and will need to have a glucose test at my booking in. Been given an orange flavoured glucose syrup thing to drink before seeing the mw. Bit worried about work and all the appointments, I have to work from home when I have appointments as it's a 45 minute drive each way, but I'm not normally a home worker so have to get special permission. My boss has already queried today's appointment so am very worried about another one next week and then a scan 1-2 weeks after that! Might just have to tell him. I really wanted to wait for as long as possible due to a possible promotion which I know I won't get if they know I'm pg.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Hi everyone

Welcome to the newbies and congratulations :j

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and all is well which is a huge relief. We are just awaiting screening results now. I was dated 3 days earlier than my dates so I'm 13 weeks today.

Nausea was so bad last week that I ended up at GP for some help and was put on some tablets, name escapes me but they are working. I also found Ginger Beer is a godsend ladies :T

Planning on telling rest of family this weekend and then the rest of my friends and work after that. So excited.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wonderful news Rachy! I bet you're so relieved :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure