Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    THX758 wrote: »
    I got the letter about the price increase today, it is a sse.co.uk/ebico letter, and the return address is at SSE Plc, PO Box 16552, Birmingham.
    That would indicate that the letters are sent by SSE, but I still don't know if right now I am with Ebico or SSE, I have still not received confirmation of where I am yet, though I did tick I wanted to stay with SSE on the Ebico website.
    Is it too much to ask SSE and Ebico to clarify the situation?

If you received that letter, then you were an ebico customer. SSE used to be the supply partner for Ebico.
    So all your bills would have come from SSE, you would have supplied meter readings to SSE, and fisrt port of call for customer service was SSE.

Refer to thread title as to status of Ebico/SSE relationship.

So currently you are a customer of SSE. Ebico does not supply anyone - they are a white label supplier.

According to latest information, if you want to switch to new Ebico tariffs, supplied by RHE, then you will have to actively request this.
    (This applies even if you have previously received an email from Ebico to the contrary)

Personally, having applied to switch late yesterday, I have earlier today had confirmation the switch process has now started for those supplies I have requested to be switched.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 10:55AM
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    For crying out loud that letter is not even accurate and refers to a discount when paying for Equipower by direct debit which is not allowed by SSE. The discount doesn't apply to Ebico tariffs! The letter also specifies an increase to the SSE standard tariff while listing the standing charge as nil thereby increasing the confusion which was originally created by Ebico itself!

:wall:

NO IT DOESN'T.

That letter does not state a discount for paying by direct debit. Are you seeing a completely different letter? Please actually read it. It is probably using a standard SSE template referring to cheapest similar tariff and cheapest overall tariff (which I think all energy provider have to refer to now) - as there is no such thing with Equipower, it defaults in both fields to referring to the tariff I am on - which is equipower paying by direct debit - and states that I could save £0.00 per year. How is that a direct debit discount?

Again, I also repeat the letter is NOT the SSE standard tariff. In my area (Eastern) The SSE standard tariff is 16.51p per kWh and a standing charge of between 14.8p and 27.4p per day depending on payment method. My letter refers to 16.63p per kWh and 0.0p per day standing charge - which I recognise as the Ebico tariff (even if you don't).

Your prices on Equipower, billed by SSE, will rise on 28th April.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't recognise the hard sell is probably living on a different planet or has their head buried in the sand.

Even with my head in the sand, I do recognise that staying put will give me a 19.79p/kWh charge from 28th April, or switching over to Ebico zero gives me a price of 15.70p/kWh whilst retaining 0.00p standing charge and that lower priced guaranteed to the end of 2017, but still without being tied in.

Personally, I don't feel like the victim of a hard sell.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2017 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    :wall:

NO IT DOESN'T.

That letter does not state a discount for paying by direct debit. Are you seeing a completely different letter? Please actually read it. It is probably using a standard SSE template referring to cheapest similar tariff and cheapest overall tariff (which I think all energy provider have to refer to now) - as there is no such thing with Equipower, it defaults in both fields to referring to the tariff I am on - which is equipower paying by direct debit - and states that I could save £0.00 per year. How is that a direct debit discount?

Again, I also repeat the letter is NOT the SSE standard tariff. In my area (Eastern) The SSE standard tariff is 16.51p per kWh and a standing charge of between 14.8p and 27.4p per day depending on payment method. My letter refers to 16.63p per kWh and 0.0p per day standing charge - which I recognise as the Ebico tariff (even if you don't).

Your prices on Equipower, billed by SSE, will rise on 28th April.

Hey, a nice attempt at pedantry which unfortunately doesn't work.

Your own previous post shows a photo which is alleged to be a letter you received although you don't say whether that letter was received from Ebico or SSE or both. You only mention an Ebico logo on that letter so it looks like it was Ebico who sent it. That letter clearly shows a reference to the standard tariff and an apology for having to increase it.
    Over the past three years, we have managed to reduce or freeze your standard energy prices ...
    There is also a reference to a discount for paying Equipower by direct debit. It doesn't matter whether that discount is nil or shows a value, it's still incorrect. In fact that whole letter is incorrect. Perhaps whoever sent that letter should revise it and send out another one. But as I posted earlier Ebico / RHE apparently don't know their rear end from their elbow and are most likely unable to learn from it.

Here's a link to that post of yours:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72254422&postcount=158
  • James_Mass
    James_Mass Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    So you've rececived a notification contrary to what everyone else has received, and contrary to what is posted on the Ebico website have you? :cool:

There's always one isn't there...

Good luck!

(And Trump thinks he has problems)

Phew! Glad to see that I didn't dream all that up then:cool:
  • James_Mass
    James_Mass Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Even with my head in the sand, I do recognise that staying put will give me a 19.79p/kWh charge from 28th April, or switching over to Ebico zero gives me a price of 15.70p/kWh whilst retaining 0.00p standing charge and that lower priced guaranteed to the end of 2017, but still without being tied in.

Personally, I don't feel like the victim of a hard sell.

I've also received this same exact fake letter as yours.

I'm sorting this out for an elderly relative in receipt of WHD and if RH doesn't provide it, then staying put will be a no brainer for now, unless the Government suddenly decides to withdraw it in the interim
  • Smurrfmo
    Options
    I have the same letter, it is signed from Phil Levermore MD of Ebico, the number to ring is given as 0345 072 9418. It has an Ebico logo and the web address is a sse one.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    Options
    14th March 2017

Letter Confusion – So, Are We Reducing or Increasing Prices?

https://ebico.org.uk/ebico-news/letter-confusion-so-are-we-reducing-or-increasing-prices/

We have been sending letters to our customers telling them about our new, cheaper, energy plans, Ebico Zero and Ebico PrePay, available through our new supply partner Robin Hood Energy. We’ve now discovered that our former supply partner, SSE, is also writing to our customers, under our Ebico brand, to tell them that prices are rising. We know this is confusing, so we hope the following makes things clearer.

If you have already told us:
    • by phone,
    • by visiting choice.ebico.org.uk, or
    • by returning the tear-off slip attached to our letter announcing our new partnership
    that you would like to move with us to Robin Hood Energy and benefit from the lower price of Ebico Zero, then you can disregard the letter entitled ‘Your Electricity Price is Increasing’, which was sent by our former supply partner, SSE, with our branding. Your account will be transferred to Ebico Zero, powered by Robin Hood Energy, over the next few weeks, and you will benefit from our lower prices.

If you have not already told us that you would like to move with us to Robin Hood Energy and Ebico Zero, then the ‘Your Electricity Price is Rising’ letter does apply to you. To avoid this increase, take a look at the recent email and letter we sent to you announcing our new partnership with RHE and, using the code number we provided, either click here to let us know if you would like to switch, or complete the tear-off strip and post it to us in the envelope provided.

We had hoped to make switching to our cheaper tariffs as simple as possible for our EquiGas/EquiPower customers. However, unfortunately our former supply partner, SSE, has been unable to support the transfer of customers to our new supply partner.

So, we must now ask our EquiGas/EquiPower customers to confirm to us that they want to make the move to Ebico Zero. Customers who have not yet let us know that they would like to switch to Ebico Zero, and do not tell us that they would like to do so, will remain supplied by SSE on the EquiGas/EquiPower tariff and will be subject to the increase in the electricity price.

Please note, that the Warm Homes Discount (WHD) is not currently available with Ebico Zero, so if you expect to receive the WHD this winter, we recommend that you remain with SSE.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    Options
    All I can say is this whole affair is starting to stink really bad. So today I have commenced my switch to the Scottish Power April 30 2018 fix.

Peace, over and out
  • Smurrfmo
    Options
    Very cheeky of SSE to be writing letters like this on behalf of Ebico but that is for the two of them to resolve. As l need a no standing charge tariff I called Ebico and processed a move to the RH zero tariff. It saves a smidgen over the current Ebico tariff, time will tell whether it was a wise move on my part.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure