Has anyone used a-choice car insurance?

Options
Hi there,

I've just went through all the comparison websites and got this insurance company (or broker?) called "achoice" which I got the cheapest quote by far. I'm wondering if anyone's used it or hear of it? The company is Premium Choice Ltd. trading as 'A Choice' according to the T&Cs.
Thanks,
J :D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've just purchased car insurance through them this morning. They were the second cheapest and I was in a rush to insure the car as I had to drive to work in an hour.

After paying I noticed all the docs are online/email only and no paper docs in the post. And I noticed they want to see proof of no claims as well. I've never needed to post proof of no claims to any insurance company before, car or home.

Esure were coming up as the cheapest on all the major compare sites but when I clicked through to their website and went through their blurb, they decided they couldn't insure me in the end. Told me not to phone them and to go back to the comparison site for a new quote.

That's what I hate about comparison sites, insurance companies think you are dodgy because you have just had loads of quotes from them from each compare site. So you end up only getting insurance from dodgy looking insurance co's.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'll never use AChoice / Premium Choice Insurance again. After the farce in my last reply about having to send them proof of everything, I phoned them yesterday to change vehicle on the policy.

I was held in a queue for 25 minutes. Then when I got to speak to someone, they but me on hold for another 10 minutes after giving them my security details. After I gave them the details of the new vehicle they put me on hold for another 10 minutes while they got the quote. Came back and said they couldn't insure me as the vehicle value was below their minimum limited.

Then I was put on hold again for another 10 minutes while they looked for another insurance underwriter who could insure me.

In the end I ended up hanging up as I was really beginning to get drained from the whole experience. And the 0845 number was costing me a fortune.

They actually phoned me back with the new quote but it was going to be £150 more than what I can get it from a real insurer on MSM.

I will be taking out a new policy with a real insurance company for my new car and cancelling my dealings with this cowboy outfit.
  • Manisingh
    Options
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS. :mad::mad::mad:
    I paid over £420 for my policy. They cancelled it with no written warning after 28days. So I drove around a day without insurance. The only letter I had was a recorded delivery letter notifying me of the cancellation. My wife had lost her purse including her licence so we we're unable to provide the requested information, but they were not sympathetic at all. They claimed they were unable to re-instate without a copy of my licence and my wife's licence. On the day I called to complain, they promised to call back to arrange another quote just for myself leaving my wife uninsured. No callback! What I don't understand is that no other insurance company that I have ever come across wants a copy of anyone's licence - it's all on a !!!!!!!g database.

Total waste of space and time. Be warned. I'm still trying to chase them for a full refund. Right now they only want to refund me just 50% of what I paid them for just 4wks cover. Complete rip off merchants. Cowboys. I worked for a major insurance company whilst at uni selling many brands, no insurance company wants copies of your licences. I will be complaining to the FCA and the all the price comparison sites if they do not fully refund me. Take my word of advice, pay £10 extra for a reputable insurance company.

Other companies to avoid under their brand are:
    Premium choice
    Equity redstar
    Achoice
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 3 April 2014 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Manisingh wrote: »
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS. :mad::mad::mad:
    I paid over £420 for my policy. They cancelled it with no written warning after 28days. So I drove around a day without insurance. The only letter I had was a recorded delivery letter notifying me of the cancellation. My wife had lost her purse including her licence so we we're unable to provide the requested information, but they were not sympathetic at all. They claimed they were unable to re-instate without a copy of my licence and my wife's licence. On the day I called to complain, they promised to call back to arrange another quote just for myself leaving my wife uninsured. No callback! What I don't understand is that no other insurance company that I have ever come across wants a copy of anyone's licence - it's all on a !!!!!!!g database.

Total waste of space and time. Be warned. I'm still trying to chase them for a full refund. Right now they only want to refund me just 50% of what I paid them for just 4wks cover. Complete rip off merchants. Cowboys. I worked for a major insurance company whilst at uni selling many brands, no insurance company wants copies of your licences. I will be complaining to the FCA and the all the price comparison sites if they do not fully refund me. Take my word of advice, pay £10 extra for a reputable insurance company.

Other companies to avoid under their brand are:
    Premium choice
    Equity redstar
    Achoice

If I had known they wanted copies of driving licence and everything else under the sun I would have not bothered. I would have rather have paid more with a decent insurer just for an easier life.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems to be a common thing this year. Several people have mentioned their insurer asking for a copy of their driving licence.

The only other insurer to want to see my licence was a small broker near where i lived after having just passed my test and bought a sporty car. hey 1300cc was sporty back then :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Seems to be a common thing this year. Several people have mentioned their insurer asking for a copy of their driving licence.

The only other insurer to want to see my licence was a small broker near where i lived after having just passed my test and bought a sporty car. hey 1300cc was sporty back then :)

I suppose it is easier if it is a broker with an actual office to walk into to show your licence and NCB proof to. But when cheap and nasty online brokers demand you send scans to them or high resolution photos it just becomes a pain.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not really takes less time to scan or take a photo and email than walk to the post box.
    For me anyway.

Its amazing the people that get so worked up at having to provide a copy of their licence and i do wonder if they had something to hide.

A mate has had something worse. His insurer send him an odd letter for him to sign and return stating that his car had no modifications at all.
    I wonder if they have read the forums he uses or maybe insured the car previously with mods declared?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Swinton wanted to see photocopies of all staff's licence for the fleet policy, however we've been insured by them for several years and they never wanted before.

They didn't ask for the insurance for my own car.

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not really takes less time to scan or take a photo and email than walk to the post box.
    For me anyway.

Its amazing the people that get so worked up at having to provide a copy of their licence and i do wonder if they had something to hide.

A mate has had something worse. His insurer send him an odd letter for him to sign and return stating that his car had no modifications at all.
    I wonder if they have read the forums he uses or maybe insured the car previously with mods declared?

I said office to walk into not post e.g. a local insurance broker which we used to have before the computers took over.

Other than that, all my paperwork is fully legit nothing to hide.

It is a pain because all the other insurance companies I have used have never asked for all this stuff. Just this one crappy outfit.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I phoned up to Cancel a policy with A-Choice insurance as They couldn't insure my new car. They told me to email them to confirm I wanted to cancel the policy. I then get a reply asking me to post back the insurance certificate for them to cancel the policy.

Funny thing is they are online only and never posted out insurance documents or certificate to me. They were all just PDF downloads.

A-Choice/Premium Choice are a complete shambles. Which I wish I never used them and I certainly won't be ever using them again.

Also their call centre is pathetic, you wait 20 minutes in a queue then when you finally get through to someone they keep putting you on hold for literally 10 minutes a time every time they need to check something.

It's a thumsdown from me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport