Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    You are doing well with your organisation too TOPM long may it continue. It takes a bit of getting used to this doesn't it :D
    M
    I am SHOCKED at how much organisation/getting used to it is taking! Honestly, I think I'd completely convinced myself I was on top of our finances and good at sticking to a budget, but now I'm actually doing it rather than just kidding myself, it's way more work! Funny, that. :rotfl:
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I am SHOCKED at how much organisation/getting used to it is taking! Honestly, I think I'd completely convinced myself I was on top of our finances and good at sticking to a budget, but now I'm actually doing it rather than just kidding myself, it's way more work! Funny, that. :rotfl:

Me too the fact that I overspent on groceries is,proof that I am still getting the hang of it :rotfl:

Must keep at it and eventually it should become second nature ( she says) :p
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • EmmaMicawber
    EmmaMicawber Posts: 138 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2017 at 12:09AM
    Options
    Hi motivated- just popping by to wish you luck from a fellow long-term DFW who is just getting started. I think you're a bit ahead though as we haven't got a DMP sorted yet. I like your signature " emptying our lake with a teaspoon" , it's just how it feels to me.

As far as groceries are concerned, I feel it's quite a victory to even be aware I've overspent a bit. Until a few weeks ago I didn't know what I was spending at all so I think you're doing really well to be so focussed.
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi Emma

Thanks for popping in. Hopefully our journeys will be easy and go quickly I am taking each day as it comes and WE WILL get there in the end
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi all

Nothing too exciting happening in the Motivated world. Still waiting on SC for confirmation. They have all details like proof of income DD forms and budget etc. Keep getting a horrible feeling that it won't be set up for us. Don't ask why I don't even know why I'm thinking like this :o. I hate not knowing and fingers crossed I will find out within the next couple of days. They say no news is good news I suppose. Being impatient is one of my downfalls.

Have hardly spent any money this week which is a bonus. We still have funds in the account and provided DH doesn't have a draw out tomorrow (he knows he shouldn't) when he gets paid again Friday I will have some extra to transfer over to our savings account.

Have written letters ready to send to creditors if need be, just need to secretly print them tomorrow at work :D

Have cancelled all DDs from old account and am waiting for all the letters to start rolling in. I have had some excellent advice on this site so far so I am not too worried about the letters etc. Will be ready to deal with them if and when they arrive.

Still feeling positive about the future and haven't felt this relaxed in a looooong time :)

Long may it continue
    M
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    It must be so stressful waiting to get confirmation that it's all happening as you hope it will. Fingers crossed you hear soon.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you get the reassurance you need very soon.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • motivated
    Options
    :j it's Fridaaaay. :j

The weekend is here again. The older I get the quicker my time goes :eek:

Storm Doris didn't do too much damage here but I spent 10 minutes going round the garden collecting all my clothes pegs that somehow got in the most peculiar places. The tub that they live in ended up swimming around the fish pond :rotfl:

Had quite a good week if I'm honest work hasn't been too bad, DH and I have been getting along great, finances are doing ok. I've not even been tempted to buy anything I don't need as the reality has really kicked in now and am determined to get us to the top of this huge mountain we have in front of us. Wish we had seen sense a long time ago but it is what it is and no point dwelling on it.

Have just written my weekly shopping list and have done my budget. Weekly things paid and gas and electric topped up. Spare funds sent to savings account and grocery money at the ready.

I have a set amount again and am determined not to go over again this week. I have a very early morning trip to Aldi planned even though I have to drive to the next nearest one as my local is closed. Another 5 minutes away so not an issue really. NO WAY will I be tempted to go into Asda for quickness. Lesson learned last week.

As for our DMP I had a phone call from them yesterday just to check a couple of things on the budget. The lady said as far as she can see we should be up and running very soon. It has been sent to activations and we should await email confirmation. First payment to go out 1st April. (Hope it's not an April fool). :D

Quite enjoying this organisation that I have finally discovered :T
    M
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds like a good week. Glad to hear it!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Sounds like it's all on track for you this week, well done!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback