Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    If you haven't seen this thread do have a read.
    Totally inspirational :T
    11 years a slave
    Good luck with your debt free journey - I'll be cheering you on clap-smiley.gif?1292867569
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If you haven't seen this thread do have a read.
    Totally inspirational :T
    11 years a slave
    Good luck with your debt free journey - I'll be cheering you on clap-smiley.gif?1292867569

Hi upsidownbear and thankyou for popping in.

:eek: oh my I love it and thankyou for sharing this. Over 100k WOW what an achievement. There's hope for me yet and I love the saying emptying a lake with a teaspoon. I may need to steal it ;) That's going to be me.

I am going to save that story as a reminder if things get tough in the Motivated household.

Also any tips or advice will be great fully received
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi upsidownbear and thankyou for popping in.

:eek: oh my I love it and thankyou for sharing this. Over 100k WOW what an achievement. There's hope for me yet and I love the saying emptying a lake with a teaspoon. I may need to steal it ;) That's going to be me.

I am going to save that story as a reminder if things get tough in the Motivated household.

Also any tips or advice will be great fully received
    M

A teaspoon for your lake emptying ;)

f8061.1G.jpg?72

If you haven't discovered the Old Style board yet I highly recommend it. What they don't know about stretching the pennies isn't worth knowing.
    Lovely people and super helpful :)

Old Style board

Other than that read the rest of MSE including the main site. Especially read the Debt Free diaries. Continue posting and generally join in.
    I love MSE - it's addictive :money::rotfl:

Bear teddy1-smiley.gif?1292867687
  • motivated
    Options
    A teaspoon for your lake emptying ;)

f8061.1G.jpg?72

If you haven't discovered the Old Style board yet I highly recommend it. What they don't know about stretching the pennies isn't worth knowing.
    Lovely people and super helpful :)

Old Style board

Other than that read the rest of MSE including the main site. Especially read the Debt Free diaries. Continue posting and generally join in.
    I love MSE - it's addictive :money::rotfl:

Bear teddy1-smiley.gif?1292867687

:rotfl:thankyou for my teaspoon I will start using it right away.

I have read lots of diaries and intend to keep reading.
    I will also be popping over to the old style board, I need all the help I can get and I think I'm already addicted to MSE.
    Thankyou again and I love your upside down bear picture
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Had a telephone call from SC today just wanting a couple of bits of information. All being well we should be up and running within a few days and first payment to go out 1st April :T

Everything so far has been a breeze I hope and pray that the next step will be a breeze too.

Once I know everything is moving along and our payments start to go I will feel a lot better and can finally accept that we are dealing with it and will one day be debt free :j

Once priority DDs were paid today I was able to draw out the remainder and pay it into our new account.

Must ring all DDs tomorrow to change details etc.
    M
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done Motivated I hope it all stays as easy as that too!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi Bobarella and thank you

I noticed you are so close to being debt free. Well done and I hope you enjoy the freedom.

Have you had a long journey like me :(
    Any tips on the journey and staying positive etc will be gratefully received
    M
  • Bobarella
    Options

I noticed you are so close to being debt free. Well done and I hope you enjoy the freedom.

M

Thank you yes it's finally on the horizon :j

I started a business in 2012 that saw me take out a big loan, and then it was using my own credit to bail the business out when it had shortfalls.
    So 5 years end to end really. And although I will be out of debt I am still in a very precarious position really.

My top tips are to engage in as many ways as you can here. The daily threads and monthly challenges have been a god send.

I would also say don't look at progress over a month and feel down if it hasn't been amazing. Look at it over 6 months, a year. If the overall trend is good then one month doesn't really need to be obsessed over.

Remembering you are not your money situation is also a good one. There are times it's easy to feel a bit rubbish if you are in debt. But you are still you and need to keep up the things you enjoy (unless they are buying Ferraris and jet skis:rotfl:)

• motivated
    Options
    :rotfl: definitely won't be buying fancy cars and jet skis :rotfl:

I will certainly look at 6 monthly targets or a goal to see how far we've come at Christmas maybe. I am so looking forward to getting started. Then we will be able to see exactly how much we have to budget with and will be able to budget properly for the first time in years.

Our car tax and insurance need to be paid within the next 2 weeks so this will give us a good starting point to put money away regularly ready for next years. ( if my Ferrari holds out that long) :p

Good luck on your last leg of your journey Bob
    M
  • Bobarella
    Options

M
    :rotfl: definitely won't be buying fancy cars and jet skis :rotfl:

I will certainly look at 6 monthly targets or a goal to see how far we've come at Christmas maybe. I am so looking forward to getting started. Then we will be able to see exactly how much we have to budget with and will be able to budget properly for the first time in years.

Our car tax and insurance need to be paid within the next 2 weeks so this will give us a good starting point to put money away regularly ready for next years. ( if my Ferrari holds out that long) :p

Good luck on your last leg of your journey Bob
    M

:rotfl::rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure