PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's been a bit of a day but still looking for the positives:
    1. Good chat with my other half, which was much needed after today
    2. Free shampoo and conditioner sample
    3. Tea! Lots of cups of tea!
    4. Going to have an hour reading later to relax
    5. A huuuge cream cake - I need to stop finding so much joy in food!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh a B&M next to a Lidl and my weekly shops would be bliss.
    BOP: Glad all is well welcome back Jenny, and being treated like a King with choccy.
    1. First pleasure has to be home and invoiced for the month.
    2. About to cook up a bowl of spaghetti pesto.
    3. The garden flowers they becoming colourful.
    4. One of the animals very happy to see me.
    5. No evening work tonight.
    I shall be harassing the doctor tomorrow, I probably won’t get anywhere as I think there is another week but DH’s pain is getting worse by the day.
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    1) Persuaded DGD to sort through/part with all the outgrown stuff on her clothes rail for chazzer. Then persuaded her to use rail to hang her stuff that fits on said rail, rather than all on the doorframe of the bedroom she uses when staying here.

2) Dropped stuff off at chazzer, spotted a dinky tape/CD player for a tenner, (useful as a spare) plus a stack of audiobook tapes. Great alternative to night sedation.

3) Grappled with e-learning website (mandatory training updates), swore a lot, better doing this at home in my own time on my own pc, can`t swear like that at work. The pleasure bit was when the activity was over!

4) Bratwurst for tea. Called in co-op for milk at 7pm, as DGD had had a `milk-thirst` today (glad she`s drinking milk, not wanting rubbish pop!) and found YS giant hot dog rolls 50p per pack of 4, got 3 packs! So, Bratties, well slathered in German mustard in doughy bread rolls. No butter, no trimmings, just a big vine tomato from my magic greengrocer to bite into between bratties, when you stop and wipe the mustard off your chin... Bliss! I have a stash of German mustard, praise be to LiddldyAldi, hope the brexit repercussions don`t affect their business or I`ll take to the streets and riot!!

5) Pud. Got 4 packs of co-op New York cheesecake, 2 pieces per pack, reduced from £2.49 per pack to 59p. We had 2 pieces each, and it was an evening of sheer piggery.

6) After frying my brain with the work website earlier, I had to clear my head with a bit of sewing. Making a little bolero thing for next door`s 2yr-old DGD, white spotty cotton/white crushed velvet. (I`ve made her some little outfits using both fabrics already) Couldn`t decide which was the `outer and which was the lining, so I thought `buggritt` and decided it could be reversible, perhaps. Had to disregard pattern instructions, experiment worked, and the thing looks lovely. Little one is staying next door tonight, so got to try it on and her ma is delighted. So am I.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 June 2016 at 2:09AM
    Options
    BoP hope your plumbing isn't like mine...I just thought we were through! Plumber was back today. He decided the old metal drain pipe to the sink should be replaced too. Well this does make sense as the floor is mostly up there. He doesn't want any more drain problems, nor do I!

* Fried onion rings!!!

* Little red sparrow at my bird feeder is the only one that has discovered it. At the rate it's eating it might grow up to be a pigeon!

* OH was not grumpy today. The plumbing issue, which has gone on for two weeks, has really grated on his nerves lately. Better today.

* Lost 3 Lbs for a total of 12 lbs now!!!!! Appetite has decreased. It's not as hard.

* Stock markets are stabilizing. My account breaths a sigh of relief. (or was that me :p )
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 June 2016 at 9:12AM
    Options
    Hi
    A brief hello from my phone , Internet is so patchy and my eyesight struggles this small !

Diagnosis of cancer confirmed . It's crap but it confirms what we were expecting and saves the anxiety of waiting to hear . We know . Hospital next Wednesday as soon as we are off ferry at 7am . Had to tell kids ...Haggis took advantagle of us all having a group hug to eat the bowl of crisps! That made us laugh :)

Busy last couple of days . Out and about , stopping here , stopping there . Drove down to Port Arthur and went round the historical site / penal colony museum that's there. Tickets lasted 2 days so we went back down today . Took a pack lunch

Long dog walks along beach

Have a good day x
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 June 2016 at 10:19AM
    Options
    BACK - 53+hrs produces a still travel drekked and filthy &, but no respite on that as it appears kitchen floor flooded for 2-3 weeks.

Ramifications galore.

That isn't all either, BUT gloriously glad I DID go as and when I did. Saw, talked with, tea'd with, hugged and kissed beloved Uncle and mid-80s Aunt every single day.

Also the fab 50s reunion+echoes and rpts, of we 3 old Napier-ite Nelson Parkies was brilliant, superly so.

Next trip, October 2017, famberley wedding of the newly and finally graduated surgeon daughter of cousin.

Loads and loads to report, but prob. can't get round to it. Left 6 wks of flawless sun and blue, a Hawkes Bay winter all ends up :-), wonderful apples, other fruit. meat, fish, finds, [5 boxes being shipped back] and hope several pc's found their way to various here :-)

kittikins, even have old School Cert. book of French papers to f'w to you.

Must make skimpy tea with a smidgeon of the precious water saved after lovely Polish emergency plumber arrived, worked until midnight. All now turned off means no water at all. Mains tap had seized entre autres woes and 2 gushes of eaux were doing their worst. Wet up walls. Clothes mildewed in atmosphere. No idea what's involved in big assess today...if they turn up.

A la prochaine, dear friends and newbies.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    Hi
    A brief hello from my phone , Internet is so patchy and my eyesight struggles this small !

Diagnosis of cancer confirmed . It's crap but it confirms what we were expecting and saves the anxiety of waiting to hear . We know . Hospital next Wednesday as soon as we are off ferry at 7am . Had to tell kids ...Haggis took example of us all having a group hug to eat the bowl of crisps! That made us laugh :)

Busy last couple of days . Out and about , stopping here , stopping there . Drove down to Port Arthur and went round the historical site / penal colony museum that's there. Tickets lasted 2 days so we went back down today . Took a pack lunch

Long dog walks along beach

Have a good day x

:( Mhags that's carp. After all you've been through.

Pleasures for the last week.

1 - 100 Glastonbury..... mud and all

edit - welcome back Ampersand.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 June 2016 at 1:38PM
    Options
    dear mhags - we cross-posted.

More sh1te for you, and & hugs ARC hugely back over many waters, not just the lappng ones on kitchen floor.

Blessings mhags, to all of you.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Here's some carp then from Jenny! :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls

Oh look, & back from her travels! More later!
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My five for Thursday:
    1. Spending an hour reading this evening
    2. Good chat with my other half - swear I'm going to talk his ear off soon!
    3. A good laugh with someone at work that I don't get to chat to often
    4. Invite to a good friend's baby shower
    5. Cuppa and dippy biscuits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills