Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Dustyblinds. Feel much better today. Still taking it steady. Was hoping to lie out in the sun today but although it's not raining it doesn't look very promising.

Apparently we've been promised a heatwave......:rotfl: it would be nice.

Since the crash I have been comfort eating a bit and not bothering to cook properly but that finishes today. DS2 dove me to Aldis and we did a mega shop so plenty of nice healthy goodies.

Pamsdish. Fancy stealing a bag of complete. Some low lifes will just steal anything. They are beyond comprehension. :eek:

I've bought a whole chicken so will roast it today and then have it cold as coronation chicken with salad tomorrow.

WIll cook a full English breakfast/brunch when DS2 surfaces and then won't bother with lunch, maybe just some fruit as an afternoon snack.

I've bought olives, cold meats, baby tomatoes etc for evening nibbles. Hopefully that will keep me off the cakes and biscuits. Evenings are my danger zone.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you starting to feel better L.L., the really disgusting thing to me is I live in a cul-de-sac, it was not visible to anyone unless exiting the cul-de-sac, so it was probably a resident.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Oh that's even worse when it's a close neighbour.
  • Dustyblinds
    Dustyblinds Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Pleased to hear your feeling better LL.
    I've been off the wagon over the weekend, took my dad out for fish and chips last night for tea, have to say it was absolutely delicious and well worth it.
    Haven't lost any weight but have been feeling a lot healthier this week and that's the main thing.
    Going to do meal plan and shopping list for the week now, today's main meal will be a sausage casserole made with onions peppers mushrooms and some fresh tomatos that are past there best,
  • pamsdish
    Options
    Roast beef, cauli and brocc mash left over, sprouts, and celeriac mash today I think.
    Last 3 days I have been really naughty, need to curb my carby urges.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Oh those carby urges......:rotfl: Tell me. I can be really sensible during the day and then come the evening I just want to ram my face with the little blighters.

At the moment I'm still a mass of aches and pains and terribly stiff, although the only obvious brusing is on my legs.

I tried a bit of weeding in the garden yesterday and could only manage about half an hour. Still it's better than,nothing but it's the only exercise I'm getting at the moment. I am hoping some Physio will help and then maybe I can try some simple yoga stretches.

Your roast beef dinner sounds great. I did roast chicken last night and will use some today for coronation chicken and salads.

I have not weighed myself recently, the bathroom scales need a new battery. I do feel a bit bloated though from eating too many carbs.
    I can tell by my clothes that I'm not doing so well. :o
  • pamsdish
    Options
    I love yoga, thinking of joining a class. I wish my scale battery would run out, I am obsessed. Will go and remove it later.
    I tend not to eat until later in the day, then it`s what can I have next, until I go to bed, uncomfortable and bloated, I have some gardening to do but weather foul here, it`s like we are sitting in a huge wet cloud, not raining as such just wet.
    I have been shopping and bought 2 pairs of light weight "joggers" for home wear and dog walking, as usual have got to be turned up so will sort them this afternoon and probably get the sewing machine going Monday..
  • pamsdish
    Options
    No sewing today, will go and paint my garden chairs, yesterdays lunch I put for today, has morphed into a beef salad.
    Made some faux potato salad with cauli and use the beef from yesterday.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Been to Physio, feel a bit easier, although she said there is some nerve damage, hopefully temporary. Hey ho.

Feel drained now and it's sorching here so just going to take it easy. have Put some bananas in the freezer to try banana "ice cream" later.

Greek yoghurt for breakfast, probably some cold meats, olives etc for lunch. Salmon and stir fry for dinner. Have got berries for deserts.

Keeping it simple today.
  • pamsdish
    Options
    Glad you are starting to feel a little brighter L.L.
    Banana ice cream is lovely, my sister visited today, so a bit over the top on the carbs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure