Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am ahead against my 1000 mile plan but not far enough ahead to be on plan for 1500 yet. I am hopeful that I can get a few more jogs in as that boosts the count - the dog walking has to happen whether I jog or not.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just about managed a 36.8 week.

Taken 2 miles of my buffer but I thought I was going to take a decent chunk of out it! Ended up working very late Tuesday evening which meant that nights, and the following mornings walk was lost, didn't go as far on Friday than I had planned, but managed to scrap together a few walks Sat/Sun in-between the rain to pad it out.

My total is now 478.7

This week is another challenge week between the lads at work so hopefully I will have a decent run at it again.... assuming the rain behaves!

oh, I have another pair of walking boots lol. Took back the Kerrimores shoes I bought, they literally lasted 2 weeks before the sole wore away (120 miles), and now have some Regatta boots with Vibram soles which have a very deep, and firm tread.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Don't say I don't try! Just come back from a walk and the last ten minutes the heavens opened, literally opened. Even had to change knickers, they weren't damp so much as soaked, I was literally squeezing rain out of them:o. Not as bad as the Newfoundland owner who had gone out in his shorts. Newfie was really happy though!

This walking, it is good for you, isn't it:rotfl:
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    Don't say I don't try! Just come back from a walk and the last ten minutes the heavens opened, literally opened.

Its all sent to test us. We just had a few mins of hail right in the middle of our 30 min interval session. It was most painful!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options
    And here was me, went out prepared for the worst.... full waterproofs..... not a single drop of rain!
  • indesisiv
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    And here was me, went out prepared for the worst.... full waterproofs..... not a single drop of rain!

I was prepared I had shorts and a t-shirt on .... with gloves :rotfl:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Good week for me according to fitbit :D

57.93 miles to add which was helped by being in a workweek challenge.

Came second to a man that is superfit and will never be beaten so was happy with 2nd place. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Good week for me according to fitbit :D

57.93 miles to add which was helped by being in a workweek challenge.

Came second to a man that is superfit and will never be beaten so was happy with 2nd place. :D

We have one of those leagues at work. Sadly my garmin won't translate to fitbit league steps. Which is a shame as the vouchers for the week were won with 60 miles of steps.

As I ran 58 miles before taking into any account of the usual amount of steps that you do during a day I feel I am missing out on some vouchers there somehow!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    I have not done as many miles as I had hoped so far this week :(
    I have a bit of a chest infection so the dogs are just getting as far as a poop & pee then back home again :o

Still managing 6 miles/day though.
  • SplanK
    First Anniversary
    Options
    6 miles is still good going, esp when a chest infection and doing that over 6 days will net you a decent weekly chunk so you wont loose to much!

I have the day off today and had planned a 12 mile trip around Rivington (my normal route which takes goes from the caf!/go ape car park, to pigeon tower, then pike, then 2 lads, then winter hill and circle back around to the pike and retrace my steps and then the rest of the miles is 'wing it'), but 'backwards', going up winter hill the steep side rather than coming down the steep side! However looking out of the window, I would need a boat rather than walking boots so trying to find all those little DIY jobs that I have been meaning to do for a while in the hope it may clear up later and I will just plod around town! Will have to see if the wife will let me do that walk very early AM Sat instead!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure