British Gas Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't like to think how you will get that sorted given the mess BG have made of straightforward switches. The energy ombudsman? Good luck, I think you'll need it :eek:
    I have switched to BG but have a problem. My property has two gas supplies (it used to be two cottages so has two boilers) and one electricity supply. I had a single account with EDF previously and even spoke to BG before switching to make sure that having two gas supplies would not be a problem.

BG have now switched me over but have only switched one gas supply, leaving the other with EDF. I spoke to the switch team at BG who told me that they cannot switch the other supply over to the MSE deal as it is now closed so I will have to go onto a different tariff.

Does anyone know who I need to contact to get this sorted? I don't see why I should be penalised for BG's mistake, especially when I went to the trouble of confirming that this wouldn't happen before switching!
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been into both my SP and BG accounts to check the current situations:
    - SP - gas & electricity a/c's both closed
    - BG - I can get into the Accounts Summary, but just get the continuously rotating symbol when I try to access my meter readings.

I'm somewhere in no-man's land!
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie
    British_Gas_Rep_Jamie Posts: 32 Organisation Representative
    Options
    basketcase wrote: »
    Exactly the same has now happened to me.

I hope they're going to back date the charges to when they said they were going to make the switch to the new tariff. They've quoted my readings back to me, so they have them. The processing glitch is therefore at their end not mine - or SSE (previous? current? supplier) for that matter.

It's hardly our fault that BG are offering something they seem incapable of supplying. So I don't see why we should pay for it.

As MSE set up the switch deal, is anything being done about it through MSE people?

Failing that, as BG can't - apparently - hold up their end of the bargain, do we still have the option of cancelling the switch and changing to someone who can?

A lesser reduction you are getting is better than a greater one you're not...

Hi basketcase, Having read through your other posts to this forum I understand that your supply has now started with us.
    As we’ve received your meter readings & confirmed these back to you, there will be no problems starting your account to these from the transfer date.
    Cheers, Jamie.
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • M271
    M271 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jeallen01 wrote: »
    Just been into both my SP and BG accounts to check the current situations:
    - SP - gas & electricity a/c's both closed
    - BG - I can get into the Accounts Summary, but just get the continuously rotating symbol when I try to access my meter readings.

I'm somewhere in no-man's land!

When you go into Your Account/Energy Manage Account/Energy Usage/Meter Read History what message do you see? 'Sorry there has been a Problem' message?

A few days ago on my Your Account summary I had Energy with £0.00 next to it and then Gas and Electricity with nothing next to it, I've just checked now and the Electricity one has gone!!
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie
    Options
    M271 wrote: »
    To be fair this switch has gone relatively smoothly for me (so far!). It could have been improved:
    1) By having update emails after the 'welcome to BG' email. When you don't hear anything for 2 weeks you start to wonder if anything is actually happening.
    2) The website not showing my meter readings which have been entered, leading to uncertainty if they have been logged into account OK.

Hi M271, I’m pleased to hear things are now moving ok following confirmation of the meter readings you’ve submitted us. I’ve sent your feedback regarding the correspondence sent from switch date onto our operations team to look into any changes going forward.
    Unfortunately our website will not show these meter readings until these have been passed through the industry & agreed with your previous supplier. This can take a few weeks. I trust all will be showing correctly online shortly,
    Cheers, Jamie.
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie
    Options
    nanacraggs wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with submitting their meter readings. I have tried 4 times in response to their request for readings, on line and by phone, and they send an email to say they are having trouble processing readings on the website. I have emailed customer services and am awaiting their reply

Hi nanacraggs, I can see MSE Dan has already got back to you regarding inputting your meter readings online. If you’re still unsure on this, please email me directly at talktous@britishgas.co.uk. Please include your full address & any reference number given. Please also quote your MSE Username and MSE Forums in the subject heading & I'll be happy to lend a hand. Cheers, Jamie.
  • M271
    Options
    Hi M271, I’m pleased to hear things are now moving ok following confirmation of the meter readings you’ve submitted us. I’ve sent your feedback regarding the correspondence sent from switch date onto our operations team to look into any changes going forward.
    Unfortunately our website will not show these meter readings until these have been passed through the industry & agreed with your previous supplier. This can take a few weeks. I trust all will be showing correctly online shortly,
    Cheers, Jamie.

Hi Jamie, Thanks for the info. I haven't had an email acknowledgement of my meter readings entered online but when also I phoned them through the operator said everything was set up OK (from what she could see)
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie
    Options
    Its getting worse, despite calls from BG customer support assuring me my case was being personally handled to make sure all was ok etc etc, I can see that a further three gas transfer work orders have been placed meaning that once again BG think my current supplier have rejected the transfer. We all know by now that they only make three tries before BG abandon the transfer, so it seems that once again BG have cocked this up.
    I'm wishing I'd never heard of this deal and it will be a long time before I trust Money Saving Expert saving advice again.

Hi MartinGPerry, I appreciate your concern regarding the temp orders showing on your online account. We do however ask customers to ignore these as they can be very misleading. The best bet would be to contact your designated case handler directly for a full update. Thanks, Jamie.
  • British_Gas_Rep_Jamie
    Options
    camhan wrote: »
    I also have received the same message again. I must have received this message at least 8 times now and have also called and given my readings. I wish the whole transfer could be cancelled as this is just ridiculous now!!!!

Hi camhan, once we've received your meter readings we won't need you to update these again. It can however take a few weeks for these to fully update on your online account. If you'd like me to double check this for you, pls email me directly at talktous@britishgas.co.uk. You’ll just need to include your full address & any reference number given. Cheers, Jamie.
  • M271
    Options
    Hi M271, you should have heard something by now. We usually get in touch to take your readings & send a welcome pack with your Customer Reference details on, if you can send me a quick email with your full name & address to [EMAIL="talktous@britishgas.co.uk"]talktous@britishgas.co.uk[/EMAIL] I'll check this out for you. Please include your MSE name & thread title in the subject line. Thanks, Jamie-Lee

Hi Jamie,

I've past this stage now thank you, see my later postings.
    I've entered meter readings now (online and by phone), not showing in my online account but you explained that that was normal until opening/final readings are agreed with previous supplier.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback