[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• AndyRC
    AndyRC Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I live in Canada and bought some software from a company in California. They used a collection agency in Minnesota for the credit card transaction. As I'm a Brit I used my Barclaycard. Lo and behold GB£8 has been charged to my account by Shoppers Discount & Rewards (SD & R). I'm not going to bother contacting them for the money. Instead I'm going after them. I have notified Barclaycard that my details have been fraudulently used and to make no further payments to this outfit.
    Shopper Discount & Rewards has a PO Box number in St Abans. This box number is contracted to a company called Handling Matters Ltd with an address of Harpenden Hall, Southdown road, Harpenden, AL5 1TE with a telephone number of 01234 742777. Their website is http://www.handlingmatters.co.uk/ They are a subsidiary of a company called Ark-H.
    I have spoken with one of their directors, a man called Barry Salmon who states that one of the services of his company is to collect and forward mail for a number of companies, S D & R being one of them.
    From what I overheard I suspect that S D & R are running out of Sevenoaks in Kent.
    Their website is here: http://www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk/
    it shows that they have a registered office at Third Floor East, 47-50 Margaret Street, London W1W 8SB. This will probably turn out to be a front in a solicitor's office.
    Their website states that it is owned and operated by Webloyalty International Ltd and is a UK registered company with a number of 05922626.
    Webloyalty is a trademark of Webloyalty.Com.Inc.
    Here is more information on Webloyalty.Com.Inc.:
    http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_drsp95
    Here is their website:
    http://www.jobs.webloyalty.com/
    There are numerous complaints about this outfit in the US. here's one:
    http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/weblog/2004/12/24/webloyalty_aka_wli_reservations_is_a_scam
    Here's more:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/272/RipOff0272036.htm

I have filed a complaint with the UK Trading Standards and with the FBI Internet Crime Unit.
    My next stop will be with the UK's Serious & Organised Crime Agency (I used to work for one of their forerunners). Then it will be the Canadian RCMP.
    Finally, once I've identified exactly who's who I will pursue a claim through the civil courts in the UK.
    I'm still considering using the BBC to flush these people out.
  • AndyRC
    Options
    Further to my last posting I have come across this. It looks like the London address isn't a solicitor's front after all:

UK

Gill Hynes
    Marketing Director
    Webloyalty International Ltd.
    3rd Floor, 47-50 Margaret Street
    London. W1W 8SB
    Telephone: 0207 927 9604
    Email: [EMAIL="gill.hynes@webloyalty.com"]gill.hynes@webloyalty.com[/EMAIL]

This info came from webloyaty's US site:

http://www.press.webloyalty.com/media-contacts/
  • AndyRC
    Options
    Now you can all email Gill Hynes or phone her with your dissatisfactions and complaints.
    I will be passing her details to Trading Standards and to the FBI Internet Fraud Investigation Unit.
  • AndyRC
    Options
    Just as I thought.
    Shoppers discount & Rewards Customer call centre is in Sevenoaks.

http://www.webloyalty.co.uk/press_releases/2008/webloyalty-CustomerContactCentre.html
  • AndyRC
    Options
    Here`s the PO Box for their Sevenoaks operation:
    http://www.webloyalty.co.uk/customerservice.html

I should be able to find out who is behind it tomorrow.
  • AndyRC
    Options
    Shopper Discount & Rewards main call centre in the UK is based at the following:
    Webloyalty International Ltd.
    5th Floor Block B2
    Tubs Hill House
    London Road
    Sevenoaks
    TN13 1BL

Go and picket them.
  • AndyRC
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Today I received the following on this forum`s private email system from Shopper Discount & Rewards, the front for Webloyalty.Inc.com.

"Dear Andy RC:
    We have come across this forum and would like the opportunity to answer your questions or address your concerns about our membership program, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.
    We encourage you to contact our Customer Service team on 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone number), Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. and Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., or send an email to [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com"]consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com[/EMAIL]. One of our dedicated customer service representatives will be happy to help you either by answering questions or cancelling your membership if you are unhappy.
    Webloyalty wants to ensure that Shopper Discounts & Rewards members understand and derive full discount and insurance benefits from their memberships. Your feedback is both important and valuable to us.
    With very best regards,
    Customer Service Team
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards "

One thing is clear, this organisation checks this site almost every day.
    I have no intention of contacting these people either by phone or email. The last thing I need is to bombarded with emails, the tone of which would [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
    My credit card company is forwarding the relevant documentation to me to complete with regard to this [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].
    In addition I have been in contact with two separate UK law enforcement agencies and Trading Standards with regard to this outfit as well as the FBI and the RCMP.
    Wheels will grind slowly, but grind they will.
    If for any reason the enquiries falter, which I doubt, then the BBC would lap up a story where retail giants such as Asda, B&Q, Inteflora and PC World and carriers such as Easyjet and National Coaches are allowing [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] on their websites

I would urge all of those [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] to make the strongest representations to their credit card companies, to Trading Standards and to the respective police force that covers your area f [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

I can say no more except that matters are now in hand.
  • marsupial_mama
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you for this post! When reading it, I remembered the £10 voucher when booking with easyjet. True enough, SD have been taking £8 off each month. I spoke to Tesco Finance who advised me to get in contact with SD. They cancelled my subscription and agreed to a refund (which I asked specifically for as they only offered cancellation). On my question on how they could charge me as I never gave them any credit card details, he said that I agreed to getting my details passed via Easyjet when subscribing and agreeing to T&C.

Will see how refund comes through...

Andreja
    Personal Challenge - Debt Free Debt: Loan £[STRIKE]995[/STRIKE][STRIKE]858[/STRIKE] )!, credit card[STRIKE] 2500 [/STRIKE] £900
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse. [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

[/FONT]
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2013 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Best of luck Andy!! As I stated in a previous post my girlfriend [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] by this when using Interflora. We got the £24 back through her bank, and as I said before we and both our families (and as many of our friends as possible) will now never use Interflora again. (or any company associated with this scam as they obviously cannot be trusted with our debit card details).

I have also emailed trading standards and watchdog but with little response. Trading standards are still looking into this company apparently.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • vikkinkit
    vikkinkit Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2013 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Hello, this is my first post... [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I have also been rather remiss in noticing the £8 debits (very stupid of me). NatWest were helpful but said they could not stop the payments and warned me that they have had a lot of complaints about Shopper Discounts.
    I called Shopper Discounts and asked who they were and why they were taking money from my credit card. They then told me that I had purchased online from Interflora in April 2007 and (apparently) clicked on a pop-up and entered my email address twice. This subscribed me to their reward programme and allowed them to debit my credit card. When I asked if they had stolen my credit card details from Interflora she simply said 'you didnt read the terms and conditions properly'. Anyway, she offered a full refund within 10 working days and sent an email confirming this. NatWest fraud department have sent me a form and require a copy of the cancellation email from Shopper Discounts. This will then prevent them taking any further monies.
    I called Interflora about this and they said that they had altered the wording of their terms and conditions since last year when they had a lot of complaints about Shopper Discounts.
    I also noticed the save £10 on your next booking' on the EasyJet website a couple of months ago and didnt click on it. I am now going to double check all my credit card statements! Will keep you posted as to whether I receive my refund from Shopper Discounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure