Last few steps of my journey need somewhere to keep focused

Options

Comments

• LastFewSteps
    LastFewSteps Posts: 220 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2015 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Good morning to a shiny new sunny Saturday
    Everyone's still asleep here as Fridays bedtime is "good to bed when you want" for my lot after a hard week at school and so they didnt come up until 1am :eek: my brother stayed over, he's a good bit younger than me so he's very cool and plays the playstation with them and keeps them entertained and so my electric took a battering las night but they're all happy
    Hoping for a very limited spend this weekend, I find I do quite well in the week and then the weekend hits and every penny flies out but this weekend will be different I'm a new me :D

Today I have to:

1.Take my sister her birthday gift
    - a painting by me £0 and a card handmade by me 8p
    I got a pack of 50 blank cards and envelopes for £4 from the works a while ago and I just draw a pic or write a message on the front in black drawing pen its very simple but quite effective and only 8p for a card :T plus I hate sending cards when you know most of them get put in the bin after the event :mad:

2. Hubby going to his "hobby job" so we're going to watch him that will cost £0 and he should get about £10 today sometimes its more depending where he is, I don't use this money he gets to keep it and use as his spending money

Tomorrow I have to

1. Half a day out at sports with the two eldest all family are going will need a picnic as its during lunch time and I will not spend in the food vans, this should be £0 as I did the food shop yesterday

The rest of the weekend will be spent at home which is free :j
    Total 15th April '15 :£12594.00 :eek:
    Total today: £
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
    Don't give up, when you've reached the bottom the only way to go is back up
  • Pollygarter
    Pollygarter Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    Keep going Last few! I'm just taking my first few and all was going well. Until the tap broke, and as I'd not been able to clear the u bend myself and was putting off the cost of a plumber, it was overflowing so had to get an emergency plumber. £138 thanks very much. There's going to be a lot of one step forward, one step back stuff for me. Learning when to get my house in order by spending appropriately to save down the line is going to be difficult. My wallet is staying firmly closed the rest of the weekend (taps willing!)

All the best.
    Total debt at 18.9.17 £1950

Debts down £12,700 high in Feb 2015, £10,700 April 15, £8830 May 15, £6776 June 15 , £5857 July 15 £6970 1.3.16
    £3950 15 May 2017 £3470 July 17 £2650 21.8.17
  • LastFewSteps
    Options
    Hi Pollygarter
    That's my problem too unexpected breakages pet emergencies school expenses they all add up which means less off the debt,
    but we can do it, even a small payment means we're one step closer to the finish line :D

So proud of myself I just realised I haven't used my tumble dryer for two weeks :eek: :T for me that's amazing as I would put towels and undies in it even in a heat wave
    And I have been saving my Tesco and morrisons vouchers to put towards xmas and we now have £36 :D I know what's going to happen though I won't want to spend them :rotfl:
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
  • LastFewSteps
    Options
    Managed not to spend a penny today :D so happy :)
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
  • Pollygarter
    Options
    No pennies out of my purse today either! And some in via eBay. Onwards eh?!
    Total debt at 18.9.17 £1950

Debts down £12,700 high in Feb 2015, £10,700 April 15, £8830 May 15, £6776 June 15 , £5857 July 15 £6970 1.3.16
    £3950 15 May 2017 £3470 July 17 £2650 21.8.17
  • LastFewSteps
    edited 30 May 2015 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Yes onwards we go towards that finish line pollygarter :D

Unfortunately not a no spend day today I treated the kids to that disgusting dreaded muckdonalds , they did well in their sports today it was a long day and I RARELY buy them one of these "meals" probably only twice a year, so I went and spent my money on them, oh well kids are smiling, and I'm now a nice mammy for a few days :)

Might have saved a few £ though, my car brakes were playing up so hubby took the wheels off and had a look and found a little stone trapped in one of the discs, seemed much better when I took it around the block so hopefully that's done the trick and we wont be going to the garage, and dh taught me how to take the tyre off too :D its actually quite easy but I'm feeling rather pleased with myself, don't know how good I'd be without dh though those tyres are pretty heavy to lift
    Few things with bids on eB@y all ending in the week and ive got a pile of things to list when the next free listings are on, kids went through their rooms and brought me all their unwanted items, and while I was in the garage I noticed quite a bit of eB@y potential so will need to sort through that once ive got through the mountain in the house
    Evening on the sofa now catching up in eastenders :)
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
  • LastFewSteps
    edited 30 May 2015 at 3:33PM
    Options
    This is going to be a long post so feel free to skip on by :D
    Its nothing exciting really just things I want to put down here to keep me going :)
    I've done my signature :) quite proud as I'm no genius on these things email and Internet still amaze/confuse me :D
    So the numbers are quite scary but they were so so much worse just a year and a half ago, I have only put the total, I have the individual figures in my black book of doom but I didn't want them to hit me in the face everytime I came on here, the total is quite enough to keep me motivated :)
    I realised I never really introduced myself, I never felt the need as i thought I'd only be talking to myself and I know who I am :rotfl: anyway I felt a little bit rude so if anyone wants to know this is me
    36, married, mum to 2 teenage boys (15 and nearly14)and 1 daughter (10 ) been SAHM since ds1, have worked on and off over the years but never found anything to fit around children as no family to help with school runs etc I love to paint and make jewellery and this has been my "job" for the last 10 years, don't earn huge amounts but as the saying goes "every little helps" :D currently studying for art history degree hopefully get teaching qualification at the end and get my dream job:) been with dh for 20 years :eek: I just love him :) dh is diabetic and both ds have an allergy that they carry epi pens for (awaiting results to find out what it is) me and dd are "normal" :rotfl: Only joking we all are "normal" and try not to let health problems get us down obviously they do now and then but we pick each other up , We have 2 dogs one was a stray and we spent a small fortune of our savings getting her back to health she was in a really bad way we think she'd been tied up used for breeding and dumped and I'm so soft when it comes to animals I just had to make her better shes now a very healthy beautiful loving girl who is finally getting over her fear of people and learning what it means to play :) we also had a beautiful cat who I had to let go to sleep just 3 weeks ago she was 16 and has been with me since a kitten i'm still heartbroken :(

So that's me, now back to business :)
    Only 7 days to payday and then that dastardly debt total will come down :)
    Did my Monday morning top up shop today spent £8.20 and I'm so proud I didn't put anything in the basket I didn't need :D
    Told the kids that the chore list on the fridge that they've been ignoring the last 3 weeks comes back into effect today so they better move their lazy behinds :D ive not been myself since the cat went and everything has slipped but mammy's back and cracking the whip :)
    Today I need to
    Hoover everywhere, DONE
    wash car after school (job for the kiddies) DONE
    Sort student finance form for next part of course
    Get photos of my new paintings and add to my facebook page
    Make a list of bits to do on dh old car ready to put up for sale next month DONE
    Empty my purse into the coin jar DONE 4p !! :rotfl:
    Arrange day to deliver painting to customer

Feeling happy because
    All the kids are at school
    The sun is shining and I can hear the cows and sheep in the field opposite
    My hair is finally growing I cut it way too short
    I think I've lost a couple of lbs want to lose about 10lbs so just need to keep away from the evil biscuits
    The house i really like for sale one street away still hasn't sold :D what are the chances of it still being there when we're ready, thinking positive, crossing everything even my eyes :)
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to "meet" you properly. I'm a mum too, 2 kids 8 and 4, girl and boy and have a huge soft spot for animals too :) Also had DH who I've been with forever and wouldn't change a thing (most days ;) )

My plan is to get out of debt and but a small holding or livery farm (we have horses). That's what drives me. I'm always looking too see what's for sale out there and hoping certain one's will be when I am DF!
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • LastFewSteps
    Options
    Oh I love horses too, but not to ride I just love watching them, they are beautiful animals, there are four in the field opposite the house and I see them everytime I look out of the window, I could sit there all day watching them :) it's good to have a plan, something to aim for
    Oh I can't wait to be DF and in my own home got a bit annoyed with myself today if I'd only stuck to the plan this time last year then today I could have been looking for my new home, but oh well this is how it is just got to get on with it
    Been a good day though mostly housework, got through nearly all the washing, dried ironed and put away, hoovered everywhere also washed my car and dh car, kids did their chores without complaint and everyone cleared their plates at tea time, homemade meatballs potatoes and sweetcorn, few potatoes left for my lunch tomorrow :)
    Only spent £10.03 topping up on diesel and £8.20 shopping, bank all checked and in order, I didn't eat one biscuit today :D only ate at meal times no snacking at all I'm so good I hope it lasts need to lose a few more lbs then I can fit into all my clothes comfortably and stop wishing I had new ones :)
    Long day tomorrow lots to do and need to stop going to sleep late mse and pet rescue to blame :D
    Tomorrow is another day, one step closer to the end, onwards and upwards :)
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
  • LastFewSteps
    edited 21 April 2015 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Lovely sunny day again today, walked dogs this morning or did they walk me ?! :rotfl:
    Just checked the bank - I do this every day or every other so I can keep on top of things, added yesterday's spends to the black book, after a few overpayments I already have a nice new debt total :) £155.20 less :j

So today I have to:
    Arrange the painting delivery ! DONE
    Read through my course books and print off the finance forms
    add pics to facebook
    Sort ebay bits to post DONE
    Pay lawn cutter £5 DONE
    Put all non ebay items in garage for boot sale DONE

Weekly meal plan is done and tonight's dinner is :
    macaroni and cheese sauce for ds2 and dd, fish (ds1) pork (me and dh) with rice and pease - using the lasts of things that's why there's three different meals also ds1 and dh hate cheese !

Little rant now, had a little argument with family member trying to make me feel like I don't help out enough caring for my grandad, I'm sooooooooo annoyed, this person (very close relative) has only been bothering to visit him more regularly over the last few months I've been going there few times a week for years, all of a sudden because I can't get to him by the time they want me there I'm made to feel like I'm not doing enough :mad::mad::mad: oh I feel like screaming, worst thing is they're the type of person who's always right, can't ever see things from a different point of view, really making me boil now and I absolutely hate arguing so am shaking now :( so blinking silly I should just ignore it because I knew it was coming and I know what kind of person they are, you have to tip toe around them watching what you say because they take everything the wrong way and then erupt sometimes wish it was easier to just cut people out of my life

Anyway apart from that I'm happy today because :

I got my last assignment marked and had a really good score I'm so chuffed because it was written when my cat died and I really wasn't in the right frame of mind so I'm really pleased

Dogs have had a long walk and are so tired they will be quiet for the rest of the day :T

Still haven't used my tumble dryer !! :eek:

My debt total is already going down :j

Going to put that argument behind me and get back to being focused on everything I need to do today I really hate how things like that knock me and I hate people thinking badly of me :(

Right pull myself together, sun is out, clothes are drying and there's work to be done

Moving on !
    Savings Today £1000
    Xmas Shopping £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income