PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th April 2017

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    It's so lovely to *see* you mumof2 - I was worried about you. Sorry there is no job news for DH. Keep your chin up lovely xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great to see you Mumof2. Hope things look up for you soon.

Morning everyone. I can move a little easier today which is good because I will be busy with the cake competition. My cake is a little dry, so no points for me there.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks both of you; I hope things look up too but in the big scheme of things we're doing OK.

Dropped S off at school now will put a load in the WM and am off riding to blow away those cobwebs. I'll do some housework when I get back .... promise!

Jazee, have you hurt yourself somehow?
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Will mostly be doing 'dry' flying today as the water company have phoned to apologise for the lack of water which will hopefully be back by 1!
    So first job of the day is to go and buy water as the hound had what was left in the kettle and DD had the remains in the water filter, not even a drop to be had out of the taps. Oh, after I've defrosted the car as it snowed here last night too!
  • katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the lists.
    It's a beautiful start to the day -sunny but cold.
    WM on with first load and DW sorted.
    Off to get dressed and then make a start on list.

Hugs
    katiecat x
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Just trying to reprint a couple of pages of my assignment (glad I proofread!) and of course now the black ink has run out... Have refilled, including dousing my thumb in ink (:o) and now trying again. Lol.

Beyond that, I intend to completely empty my desk today, clean, and only replace what is needed.

Then I will start on my dusty house.

Brought piggies indoors yesterday Eve as was sooooo cold in the night. Think boy piggie has another lump. I wonder if he's just a lumpy one? He doesn't seem bothered. Might call vets anyway. Was nice having them inside, although I don't miss the smell :rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »

Jazee, have you hurt yourself somehow?

Yes, I put my back out a week ago so have been feeling really sorry for myself!

This morning I have taken the dogs for a longish walk (with an ice pack on my back) but feel so much better for it. Need to get moving now, so much to do and a deadline to meet.

Ducky - hope you get water soon.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2017 at 12:22PM
    Options
    Welcome to returning Flyfriends and newbies.
    Great news about your DH, Natty!
    Sticks for all black dogs, posivibes to all job hunters and GWS vibes to all who are otherwise under the weather.
    Congratulations to your DD, GI :T
    Well done on your 3.5 lb, Valli :T but I gained 0.5 lb this week without trying :mad:

Yesterday afternoon I planted seeds and the sun is shining this morning, but it is bloomin' cold!

I was relieved yesterday to discover that I don't have to do any reading prep for today, so still catching up on other things. Received a long (for him) email from my DS1 this morning which needed an immediate reply - he is currently doing the work of two people in an already demanding job. We didn't even get to see them over the Easter hols, and they only live 15 min drive from us :(

My list for today:
    - finish writing a thankyou card
    - email DD
    - hone DSiL
    - find/buy and send wedding card
    - put away aired washing
    - S&S bathroom and ensuite
    - dusteronnastick round LR and DR
    - persuade DH to hoover downstairs floors
    - QHI
    - turn up new blue jeans so that I can wear them this evening
    - sort books and papers for this evening
    - skim read 2 thick books which I can't renew because they have been reserved by other people (I've had them since the end of last term :o) - I might have to put another reservation on them for next week if they're any good
    - go to college
    - transfer holiday photos from phone to PC
    - write overdue German email

Lots more paperwork to be done this week. I'm taking DH to the horsepiddle for a blood test and hip xray first thing tomorrow morning, then I'm out on placement for the rest of the day. Also volunteering all day on BH Monday, so I need to get ahead with college work before the weekend. Trying to get at least an hour outside in the garden every day (snow forecast permitting) as it relaxes me.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Desperately trying to catch up and I've run out of time but need some Flylady Help!

I had my ears pierced last week :eek: and I've been swabbing them with salty water as instructed but the right one is a teensy bit reddish and slightly sensitive to the touch today. Can anyone suggest anything other than just swabbing it more frequently, or is that all I need to do at this stage?
    Better is good enough.
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did a lot better yesterday than I thought I would, and I seem to have done a lot more than I thought I did - or at least everything on the list. So I'm going to try again today.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and dining room
    Level One...

Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Open the windows and let in the spring!

Extras
    Let chickens out, check food/water and collect eggs
    Feed/water garden birds
    Feed/water pets (2 cats, 1 dog)
    Put through, hang up and put away 1 washload (3 in all)
    Empty dishwasher, load dishwasher
    Put liner in blue wheelie bin (dustmen complaining about emptying this so may have to take the cardboard and plastics/glass/cans to the tip ourselves)
    Boil eggs for week's packed lunches #1 (of 2)
    Put chickens to bed

Mad Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Level One...

Get rid of any cobwebs that have moved in...
    Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace
    Open the windows and let in some fresh air

Extras
    Let chickens out, check food/water and collect eggs
    Walk dog
    Feed/water garden birds
    Feed/water pets (2 cats, 1 dog)
    Put through, hang up and put away 1 washload (3 in all)
    Empty dishwasher, load dishwasher
    Take any recyclables to bins
    Put chickens to bed
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure