I want a boyfriend! Dating debtfree style?

Options

Comments

• Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    looking for a man to share my passion for outdoor sports, camping, late night dancing
    Surely you've just answered your own question?

I decided to reignite my interest in mountain biking just over a year ago and joined an internet forum for mountain biking, from that I ended up helping start up a group for mtb'ers in my area and ended up falling head over heels in love with one of the lads from the group (and got a fantastic new bunch of mates too!). We've been living together since April now.

Are there any outdoors groups you could join which would get you out and about? There's quite often groups who go walking/camping/cycling etc kicking about. Or what about joining a Ceroc class in your area - that's a fab way to meet folk because you HAVE to dance with anyone who asks you (or anyone you ask HAS to dance with you), I always thoroughly enjoyed Ceroc when I used to go!!

Just a couple of ideas... Although it works for some people, dating sites aren't always ideal for everyone.
  • Baron_Greenback_2
    Options
    Where do you find men when you're on a budget and live in London? I suppose I could hang around in public places and flutter my eyelashes at hot men (I met my last boyfriend in the supermarket!) but I'm a bit shy and not good at approaching random men. Any ideas - funny or serious - would be great to get me out of my single pit.
    Where did you meet your partner? How do they help or hinder you on your debtfree journey?
    Why doesn't Martin provide a debtfree hook up service?!
    ok, I'll start, I'm 28 female, 5ft 7, slim brunette, looking for a man to share my passion for outdoor sports, camping, late night dancing, overindulgence in cheese, travel and hungover fryups. :beer:
    Has anyone told you Bolton's wonderful at this time of year?;)
    spreading the MSE love
  • wayoflife
    wayoflife Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Where do you find men when you're on a budget and live in London? I suppose I could hang around in public places and flutter my eyelashes at hot men (I met my last boyfriend in the supermarket!) but I'm a bit shy and not good at approaching random men. Any ideas - funny or serious - would be great to get me out of my single pit.
    Where did you meet your partner? How do they help or hinder you on your debtfree journey?
    Why doesn't Martin provide a debtfree hook up service?!
    ok, I'll start, I'm 28 female, 5ft 7, slim brunette, looking for a man to share my passion for outdoor sports, camping, late night dancing, overindulgence in cheese, travel and hungover fryups. :beer:
    give me you e-mail and we mite be able to come to an arrangement! lol that sounds really sleezy but im not i promise!

Lol
    INCREASE INTEREST ON SAVINGS!

...I will thank you if youve been helpful, please do the same! :j
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Met my bloke on the bus - actually he was the bus driver! Talk about the last place you'd look for a guy!
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • LouBlue
    LouBlue Posts: 53,538 Forumite
    Options
    Why doesn't Martin provide a debtfree hook up service?! :beer:

As I stated in the online dating thread, I started up a MSE Dating thread in the Arms a short while ago. It got very popular very quickly but was shut down as Martin said the site couldn't be held responsible for the safety of members on here. Shame. :(

Still, I met my OH on Yahoo Personals, he moved in after 4 months and 4 years later, we are still together. :D If I was ever single again, (perish the thought....) would do it again in a heartbeat. The thought of hanging around in bars every weekend hoping to find someone, depresses the **** out of me. Much rather do my looking/chatting at home, take my time and be fussy and you spend a hell of a lot less. ;)
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • Baron_Greenback_2
    Options
    wayoflife wrote: »
    give me you e-mail and we mite be able to come to an arrangement! lol that sounds really sleezy but im not i promise!

Lol

Hands off my would be girlfriend!:D
    spreading the MSE love
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I`m on girlsdateforfree.com but I haven`t come across anyone I fancy,I think I`m getting too fussy in my old age.

I have met people off the net before and are still in contact with a couple of them,but nothing serious.

It is a shame there wasn`t a MSE dating part,I`d certainly join!
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • moneymare
    moneymare Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    Was surely fate how I met my wife!
    I used to fancy this tall slender brunette, who I spotted most nights walking home from work down the main road, near to where I live - I was usually in the car heading in the opposite direction. Anyway, I went on holiday to Cyprus with a group of mates, one of which had arranged to meet up for a night with his girlfriend, who was staying in a different resort. She drove over from Larnaca to Ayia Napa with her Sister - who happened to be.........you guessed it - the mystery brunette - the rest is history!!!!
    WARNING!
    Alcohol can make you think you are more interesting and attractive than you actually are.....
  • LouBlue
    LouBlue Posts: 53,538 Forumite
    Options
    hazzie123 wrote: »
    It is a shame there wasn`t a MSE dating part,I`d certainly join!

I know - I was really excited about doing it and the enthusiasm on here was certainly there! But rules are rules.
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • sundancer101
    sundancer101 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    shell_girl wrote: »
    Plus they automatically think you're a goddess because you are the provider of beer...
    LOL that one really gave me a giggle hehe :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport