Child & Co Bankers ?

Options

Comments

• Djene
    Djene Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    I'm quite annoyed the card has changed. Not because of colour, but material. I've had my gold C&C card since I opened the account in early 2013, and unlike any of my other cards its bulletproof haha. The numbers don't rub off the chip doesn't get damaged or it doesn't peel. It's my main card too, used 3-4 times daily. I guess this is down to the material. But this new card looks like the type that after a few time in and out the wallet, the number print will be gone.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Djene wrote: »
    I'm quite annoyed the card has changed. Not because of colour, but material. I've had my gold C&C card since I opened the account in early 2013, and unlike any of my other cards its bulletproof haha. The numbers don't rub off the chip doesn't get damaged or it doesn't peel. It's my main card too, used 3-4 times daily. I guess this is down to the material. But this new card looks like the type that after a few time in and out the wallet, the number print will be gone.

Yeah, I suspect after a good 6 months use the silver colour will rub off from the numbers!
  • Djene
    Djene Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I wonder why Child debit cards are not contactless. When it's essentially a different branded RBS debit card.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    good point... but i would think that there is a 'risk' that Child & Co cards disappear altogether at some point. let's hope not:)
  • planteria
    Options
    Djene wrote: »
    It's my main card too, used 3-4 times daily.

fair play to you...but don't you fancy earning Cashback/Points with your spending. i reckon ive only bought things on a personal debit card 5 times or so in 10 years, while the Amex Cashback and Barclaycard/CapOne Cashback rack up:)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The card and chip looks like the One Account debit card with a massive non-contactless chip
  • planteria
    Options
    OneAccount being RBS-stable too.. and having been in "staff training" mode for longer than i can remember:doh:
  • planteria
    edited 6 December 2014 at 8:24PM
    Options
    my new account is at Fleet Street, but the card has arrived today, RBS-branded:think: ..has anyone received a Child & Co card recently?
  • planteria
    Options
    can anyone update whether there have been changes with Child & Co recently? has the 'independent team' been disbanded in recent weeks? i have been given very conflicting information by RBS, and told today that they are no longer going to be sending out Child & Co-branded cards...:undecided
  • planteria
    Options
    it looks as though they're planning to move Child & Co under Coutts managment..

http://www.scotsman.com/business/finance/royal-bank-revives-child-amp-co-and-drummonds-brands-1-839945
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure