<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• Ouch to the chilblains, I always used to get them on my toes :(

I can relate with not wanting to drive, the old house was on a hill, on a hill surrounded by hills.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sheepskin lined walking boots? I have some and they're lovely :) And/or thermal socks, cashmere socks and sheepskin insoles.

Surely if you're reading in the bath your hands don't go in until they've warmed up and the water has cooled down!

No builders here, so lots of cleaning. Desk is in the office and shelves are up, so I need to start moving stuff down. And sorting it out while I do. Suppose I should bring the chair in too...
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Sheepskin lined walking boots? I have some and they're lovely :) And/or thermal socks, cashmere socks and sheepskin insoles.

Sounds good to me :D. I have some sheepskin mittens and they are so warm it's unbelievable :T. I also have some cashmere fingerless gloves which are useful if you are in and out of shops, buses, etc, as you don't have to keep taking them on and off and risk losing them :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Chilblains, I've always found that massaging hand or foot cream in helps - I guess because it gets the blood slowing properly again. I ALWAYS get them though - just my feet getting routinely cold leaves them itchy and painful. I'm expecting the arrival of them any time now. Oh and DON'T SCRATCH! Easier said than done that! :D

And I've never had winter tyres - and mostly my little Clio behaves herself fairly nicely on ice. Mostly, I say...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    EH, luckily I am quite disciplined about not scratching, they get into a real state if you do.
    HHoD ooh an excuse to buy more cashmere things...
    greenbee they are only a couple of years old and are a nice close fit, so no intention of replacing them for a while. Last pair lasted a good ten years. I need to find some thin thermal walking socks I think.

I've actually ordered a few presents today, so I feel a little more organised although I still haven't done a list. The amount going out of the bank is starting to stress me so I hope my expenses got signed off.

In:
    SB- £5 in, but instantly used on Am

Out:
    House insurance
    Haircut and highlights
    2 presents on Am - no gift card balance left now but they are at least direct delivery
    BOGOF on my favourite bath oil as a present from one of the boys - the other will be put away for my birthday

Mince out of the freezer, chilli made. Used half normal kidney beans, and half 'white kidney beans' from £stretcher at 10p a tin. He didn't notice so will buy more. Tell it not in Old Style, but I have run out of chopped tomatoes!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options

I've actually ordered a few presents today, so I feel a little more organised although I still haven't done a list. The amount going out of the bank is starting to stress me so I hope my expenses got signed off.

I know that feeling. I feel like we're on a massive spendathon at the moment and I haven't bought all the presents yet :cry:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    My DD suffering from Chilblains too - never used to but got them for the first time last year, and again this year - interested in any advice shared!

Running out of chopped tomatoes almost as bad as out of cheese Redo!

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll look into the fudge, as OH fancied making something without chocolate.

My cousin sent me two pairs of walking socks for my birthday. Probably the best fitting socks I've ever had. Let me know if you want me to check the brand.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Afternoon, and a grey rainy day here. At least it washed away the majority of the snow and ice.

Nipped into the city at lunchtime, and managed to get DS2s only desired item (out of stock everywhere else), so a virtuous glow for me. Also got DW tablets (£9/100 finish all in one £world) as I am fed up for the poor results from Lidl and Astonish ones. Hope that solves the problem, rather than the far more expensive one of somethings up with the DW itself.

A flurry of activity on the remortgage so that should happen in the next few days. I suspect that they just don't update the online tracker thing.

Still have no tinned tomatoes - can I make it to Friday without cracking and buying expensive co-op ones....?

NOA, your poor daughter. I feel her pain. Basically to avoid them you should avoid sharp changes of temperature, so cold hands stirring very hot bath not good, or warming cold hands in front of fire. Being cold makes the existing ones itch rather than automatically gives me more. Warm socks and gloves are essential.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I was thinking about ordering a food delivery (try MrM this time and order a wonky box) but when I looked a few days ago I couldn't find a slot this side of Christmas. Just looked now and I could even book one on Christmas eve morning - worth checking if you thought you had left it too late. I might book it and cancel one next week if I get myself sorted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback