PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

the takeaway secret

Options

Comments

• retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just received my book and I'm going to be trying the Chinese recipes this weekend! :)

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

• Pablosmummy
    Options
    Ooh you should try the Szechuan chicken! I made it this week and it was gorgeous
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    I got this book in my christmas stocking and I highly recommend it.I am going to buy this for my twins for when they go off to uni in the autumn.They are good cooks and will be sure to share there goodies that they make, perhaps making them popular with others at uni who are living on expensive takeaways or just cant cook;)
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • FluffyBunnykins
    Options
    Thanks for your great tips regarding freezing the donna meat. :T:T

We had the donna's last night and they were delicious, and spot on taste. My husband was well impressed. :D Not much left over and will probably be eaten up today with something.

Right, whats next :rotfl::rotfl:
    MAR GC £92.43 / £100 NSD 16 / 31
    FEB GC £123.29 / £100.00 :( NSD 21 / 28
    JAN GC £133.89 / £100.00 :(NSD 23 / 31
  • 2boysmum
    2boysmum Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered this on Tuesday as it has lots of the foods that hubby loves, waiting on it being delivered and hubby keeps asking when is it coming. He is looking forward to the Donner kebabs.
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made the lamb donner last night. I've only ever had 1 kebab in my life in Turkey many many moons ago, so can't remember what it should taste of !
    I didn't really like it but am looking forward to making something else at the weekend.
    I bought the Italian herbs in Tesco, their own make, which are on special offer SEL says 41p but I was charged 38p so bought 2 :)
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• phunkles
    phunkles Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Made the sweet and sour sauce tonight - didnt do the chicken or the rice just the sauce and its nice just darker than the one im used to but that could be because I used rich dark soy sauce and soft brown sugar and the white vinegar id bought to clean windows with :D
    Was very nice though am tempted to cook some more from the book this weekend :D
    Love is the answer. At least for most of the questions in my heart,
    Like why are we here? And where do we go?And how come it's so hard?
    It's not always easy,And sometimes life can be deceiving,
    I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together
  • euripidesralph
    Options
    This thread has been brilliant, My copy arrived last night and DH is highly sceptical !! I am truly looking forward to the look on his face when I make the sausage and egg muffins tommorrow (especially when he wont have to leave the house to get there before 10.30 lol ) :rotfl:

thanks all:j
    "I havent failed, Ive found 10,000 ways that dont work" Thomas Edison

:heartpulsMarried to the love of my life 5th December 2009
    My little miracle ds born 15/11/12 ..... loving the rollercoaster
  • cavework
    cavework Posts: 1,992 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Merlin1

Book arrived on Tuesday and made the lamb doner ,sauce and salad. Everyone loved it and it was much nicer than the local Take away.
    The book has already paid for itself 5 times over!
    Tonight it's mega burgers with potato wedges ... no more take aways :D
  • Nevsy
    Nevsy Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought all the spices etc and have just made my loaf for the lamb donner kebab,just waiting for the oven to heat up and will be the first recipe we have tried.
    Wifey has been looking at me as if I have two heads and keeps mentioning Stavros the Harry Enfield character..:)
    Gonna cool it overnight and try it tomorrow night-looking forward to trying it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure