Dropshipping, Any good?

Options
Basically I was made redundant on friday. I haven't got many qualifications and I do not have a trade. Only jobs I seem to be able to find are minimum wage fruit packing jobs. I've looked at working from home (99% seem like scams) but what about Drop shipping? Once again they are asking for money. I have found http://www.dvddropship.com/ which want £25 and offer very cheap DVD'd. Anyone have any expierence with this company or anything similar?

Comments

• babylou
    Options
    DPBUK Solutions Ltd not to be confused with DPBUK LTD.

Caveat emptor
  • wallsy
    Options
    Guys what is drop shipping? Quick idiot guide ;o) Thanks in advance.
  • babylou
    Options
    The supplier stocks and ships your sold items. You sell at £x, pay £y to supplier (dropshipper) and keep £z profit. No need to hold or even see stock.
  • ricardido
    Options
    You really have to do your research - dropshipping is notoriously filled with scammers!
  • babylou
    Options
    tell me about it!... well not so much the dropshippers as the website hosts!
  • vicshippers
    vicshippers Posts: 566 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2009 at 1:11PM
    Options
    How exactly are website hosts scammers? Do your research (as any sane person would do before starting a new business) and you will know who to trust.

You will not be successful at selling drop-ship products unless you are capable of running and maintaining (in terms of skill and finance) a well ranking website for a number of high traffic keywords.

As with everything, if there's money to be made in something then you will have to WORK HARD for it.
  • babylou
    Options
    But how would you know who to trust?

You can WORK HARD and have it all swept away..............................
  • forever_broke_2
    Options
    Some useful posts on this thread, I'm looking to do something similar and was asking for peoples experience of different companies
    :beer: :A
  • Anglik
    Options
    :j
    SCAM
    Just called here through a link from Google and though I better mention about this web site here dropshipscam.com I was considering drop shipping so I found this website which offered what I thought at the time was a complete professional book advising on how to become successful in drop shipping. It turned out it was not a book just a simple download after the payment offering information which can easily be accessed on the internet. My advice would be stay away from the website in question.
  • dobbie82
    dobbie82 Posts: 321 Forumite
    Options
    I have used this site: http://www.dropshiponline.co.uk/

I did a few test purchases having them sent to friends addresses and they came in good time and well packed, with no company information on it only a PO box address to return to 'if undelivered'

I didnt have enough patience to do the listings, but I am sure there is a small wage to be made online using it

And most importantly they don't want money up front
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport